Backstage Assurance

Stay with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was fidgeting anxiously while waiting to be called up to the stage. Even though it's not the first time she will be collaborating with Chanyeol, it is however the first time she will be collaborating with Chanyeol alone. Just that thought freaks her out a lot. 

 

What happens if my voice cracks? What happens if I trip? What happens if they boo me and want Punch unnie instead? What happens if the audience don't like me collaborating with Chanyeol oppa? Such thoughts were flashing through her mind, and she was desperately trying to calm her nerves. 

 

'Baby, you will ace the performance. Your voice is honey. I have faith in you'. Chanyeol's deep voice instantly calmed her down, although he also made her laugh by winking flirtatiously at her. 

 

'Oppa, aren't you supposed to be on the other side of the stage?' Wendy had a shy smile on her face even though she was really happy she got to see Chanyeol before the performance. 

 

'I wanted to see you. Don't worry alright, sweetheart? You will be excellent, besides, you look stunning'. Chanyeol was holding her hands and swinging back and forth. The crew around them were giggling amongst themselves while envying how sweet the young couple is. 

 

Wendy looked up at Chanyeol, and she can see love, care and longing shining through his eyes while looking at her, as though she is the most precious gem. It has been two years since they got together, but the butterflies in their stomach and the rapid heartbeats are always there, reminding them for their love and affection for each other. 

 

'Thank you, oppa. You look very handsome, as always'. Wendy gave him a bright smile, while caressing his hand that was still holding onto hers tightly. 

 

'Fighting, okay, sweetheart? Oh.. I won't be looking at you much on stage. I don't want any scandals to erupt. Besides, I want to protect you from certain fans. You know how it can get..right?' Chanyeol was looking at Wendy cautiously. He doesn't want her to get the wrong idea that he is ashamed of her or their relationship. 

 

'I understand, op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter