Lovey Dovey Day

TIME

     All eyes were set on Daniel when he stood up all of a sudden.

“Seems like there will be something big happening, hyung,” said Woojin, poking on Minhyun who was struggling with his canned beverage.

“Oh? Daniel?”

Hwang Minhyun turned his gaze to Daniel. His thought was busy guessing what will Daniel said. Woojin quietly reached out his hands to stole Minhyun’s drink.

Daniel took a long-deep sigh and cleared his throat several times. Everyone was looking at him curiously.

“So, yah, I guess you all have similar thought right now,” said Daniel nervously as agreed by everyone in that room.

“So…” He paused as he playfully biting his lips for quite a moment before finally clearing his throat again.

“Seems like someone is nervous. Oops,” said Woojin with a naughty smile on his face. The other members agreed but, Jaehwan gave him a pinch on his arm while asking him to be quiet. Thanks to Woojin’s words, now Daniel’s face turned slightly red. He laughed, but he tried hard to keep his head up.

“Kang center, proceed!” Seongwoo said, giving Daniel his slate-tap and asked him to continue his confession, whatever it is he wanted to say.

 

     Daniel threw his gaze to everyone in that room. Then, he took a deep sigh.

“My days in Produce 101 had been hard, but I think being here now seems harder, somehow..” he said. Jisung put his drink down and listened to him carefully.

Jinyoung looked at Minhyun, then turned to Daniel. Minhyun, who realized Jinyoung’s stare looked at him in return. As if he knew that Jinyoung wanted to asked him is being an idol really that hard, Minhyun nodded and let out a small chuckle.

“I wanted to be a singer, but I never imagine it will be this hard.” Silent fell. Daniel chose to once again talking to the floor.

“There were times I want to give up and liberating myself from all of these rules. I’m tired, but I also understand it is just the beginning…”

“Nothing happens in an instant. For me, this is instant, yes, but to come to the desired ending everything require a process. Right, Minhyun hyung?”

Minhyun got a little surprised when he heard his name being mentioned. He let out a small smile and nodded.

“I think I know what you are talking about, Niel-ah,” said Minhyun.

“When everything began to work as you wanted to, it feels as if you’re already at the top of your dream.  It feels as if everything will be so much easier. But, it doesn’t always work like that. You’re right, everything need a process,” said Minhyun, his angelic smile still faithfully hanging on his lips.

“Sometimes, I fell really, really worn out. But, seeing everybody is working so hard, I don’t think I have the right to complaint or simply talking about how much I want to take some rest because I’m sure everyone is feeling the same,” said Daniel.

Daehwi closed his mouth with his right hand without taking his eyes off from Daniel.

“Whenever days like that came, I always feel grateful that I have someone to cheer me up, someone who can raise my mood up,” said Daniel. Jihoon and Jinyoung were exchanging look and giving each other I-don’t-know look meanwhile the other members were busy with their own deduction.

“I have... hyung,” said Daniel all of a sudden, now looking straight at Seongwoo.

“Ha?” Seongwoo seemed to be surprised and look back at Daniel with his mouth in shape of ‘O’.

     

      Jisung, the first one to understand the situation among the other finally threw a wide smile and round of applause which then followed by the other. Everyone then busy confirming their deduction to each other.

“So, today we got two-no, three, eh, two couple?” Sungwoon pointed his finger at Daehwi, Jihoon and Jinyoung. “How should I count on you guys, one or two couple?”

Sungwoon’s question make everyone laughed out loud. Jaehwan’s high-pitched and a little bit scary laugh dominated the room.

Ong Seongwoo looked at his surroundings and finally laughed as well.

“Well, Seongwoo-ya, what do you think?” asked Jisung.

Seongwoo was busy scratching his back slowly while opening his mouth without any words coming out. His gaze then turned to Daniel.

“Come here,” he said, patting on the floor in front of him and let out a smile. Daniel still remained frozen in his place.

Woojin and Sungwoon immediately took some distance between them and Seongwoo. Somehow hesitated, Daniel rose forward to meet Seongwoo’s will.

 

      Daniel and Seongwoo were now sitting face-to-face. The other members who sat across the table were coming forward to listen to their conversations.

Seongwoo eyed Daniel from head to toe. He giggled and slightly hit Daniel’s right leg.

“You look unusual today,” said Seongwoo. Daniel, with a shy smile on his face was still biting his lips once in a while. He dared enough to look straight at Seongwoo’s eyes.

“Really?” asked Daniel. Seongwoo nodded.

“Hey. Where did the hyperactive, straightforward and so-confidence Daniel gone?” Daniel grinned.

“Well, I’m still pretty straightforward today,” said Daniel, trying to defend himself.

“But, I think you’re still somehow, holding back hm? Why are you that shy, hm?” asked Seongwoo. Daniel grinned. Then, he chose to looked down and hold his laugh. But, unfortunately, his ears can’t lie. They turned red as soon as he looked down. Seongwoo can’t help but laughed seeing the view displayed in front of him.

“Oh my, what a pity.. Come, then, come and hide here. I think our friends will still cheering on us whether you hide or not,” Seongwoo said, got on his knees and finally pulled Daniel to his embrace.

Jisung took Guanlin who sat next to him to his embrace and eyeing his friends.

“Seems like today is filled with love, huh?” asked Minhyun and agreed by the others.

   

      Daniel finally sat beside Seongwoo. The topic of the conversation changed into who-seemed-to-like-who. Sungwoon and Jihoon are busy teasing Daniel and give him some first date ideas.

"Take a walk around Hangang at night seems romantic, right hyung?” asked Jihoon. Jisung agreed and suggested them to go there with Daehwi, Jihoon and Jinyoung to reduce public’s suspicion.

“I think you can also use the gifts from Wannables for couple items, it won’t seem suspicious and at the same time appreciating their gifts, right?”

Sungwoon’s statement and question resulted in agreement and good feedbacks from the other members.

“Ah, right. I don’t think I’ve heard someone said I love you other than these three inseparable kids right here,” said Jaehwan.

“I love you, Jaehwan-ah,” said Jisung calmly before pushing two tteokpokki to his mouth altogether. Jisung’s short answer make the room filled with laughter again.

“Ah, hyung! You’re no fun,” Jaehwan pouted. The other members seemed to dying of laughter already.

 

       Jihoon took the inisiative to answer Jaehwan’s challenge and at the same time giving an example to Seongwoo. With his hands still lingering on Daehwi’s shoulders, he exchanged a look with Jinyoung for a moment and giving some codes with his eyes. He then looked at Daehwi, deeply and intense until it made the smaller boy’s face turned pink.

“Daehwi-ya, saranghae,” said Jihoon in his low-and-almost whispering voice with a sweet smile on his face. The other members were trying hard not to make any noise other than synchronized ‘uuu’ and ‘aaaw’.

“Now, look what’s behind you?” asked Jihoon. Daehwi frowned.

“Isn’t it Jinyoung…?” Daehwi asked while turning his head which then welcomed by a kiss on the cheek by Jinyoung.

That kid seemed to be quite shocked and shy at the same time. His eyeballs were widening meanwhile his face turned reddish. Jisung, Jaehwan, Sungwoon and Daniel were the first one to finally cheer after a long struggle of holding themselves back.

“Whoa, until yesterday I’ve never knew Jinyoung can do something like this,” said Jisung.

Jinyoung seemed as if he wasn’t satisfied by just kissing Daehwi’s cheek. In between the members’ amazement, Jinyoung continued his action. He locked Daehwi’s gaze with his and bring his face closer to Daehwi’s bit by bit. Daehwi, who had been looking at Jinyoung realized that they were being the center of attention and chose to move back a little bit and close his eyes.

“Will it be a kiss on the lips?” – Jaehwan

“A kiss on the lips! Oh my God!” – Sungwoon

 

What happened next were a little bit out of prediction. Instead of kissing Daehwi, Jinyoung leaned in to his ear and whispered ‘saranghae’ and at the same time Jihoon kissed Daehwi’s cheek.

Surprised and disappointed noise were heard few seconds later.

“Yah, I was wishing for more,” said Woojin.

“Ah.. the audience are upset, kids,” said Sungwoon with a sad smile.

Daehwi opened his eyes, closed his face with both hands and then laughed shyly.

“I love you…,” said Daehwi, finally back to sit straight, eyeing Jihoon and reached for his hand, then turned to Jinyoung, “…and love you, too,” he said, softly.

“Your wish is our privacy, Sungwoon hyung,” said Daehwi while leaned back on Jinyoung and looking at Jihoon eloquently.

Jinyoung rested his hand on Daehwi’s shoulder and nodded.

“I think the internet or certain movies has what you wish for, hyung, said Jihoon while ruffling Daehwi’s hair lovingly.

 

      In the middle of that lovey-dovey atmosphere, Hwang Minhyun’s thought flew back to the boy who always so cheerful and high-spirited when he was with him.

In the middle of your practices and schedules, do you also experience this kind of atmosphere, Seonho-ya? Laughing with your friends, talking about who-likes-who, or did your friend confessed their feeling to each other?

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, there!

I’m sooo sorry for being a ghost, disappearing and then coming back unpredictably but, I really want to thank you guys for still being here and waiting (patiently) for an update.

So, shortly, I got a job which required me to submit articles everyday but, lately I don’t submit any because I think that job didn’t really suit me well. Plus, I don’t have enough time to simply relax and write anything other than articles since I worked there.

It's been quite a while since the last time I wrote something in English so, please excuse my grammatical mistakes T.T

Okay, so, here’s the next chapter. Hope you enjoy the confession made here and till I see you next time with a new chapter! :)

-cutiepie21-