1/1

Strands of love

 

 

Kyungsoo, like everyone in this world, was born with a strand of hair tied around his wrist like a bracelet. But this strand of hair was not his : it was his soulmate's. Indeed, the strand was dark brown while his own hair was raven black. However, two days after Kyungsoo turned 20, he woke up to a different strand around his wrist : it wasn't brown anymore but blonde. He freaked out, thinking that his friends played a trick on him and exchanged it or that maybe his soulmate changed. He had never heard of anything like that before so he immediately went to see an expert to explain his problem. He was told that it could happen when your soulmate dyed their hair and he felt a bit stupid for freaking out the way he did. He grew accustomed to it and his soulmate didn't stop to blonde : they tried almost every existing color on their hair, which was pink at that moment. Kyungsoo found it funny to observe from a distance and without even knowing them the evolution of his soulmate's hair. It'd change one day to a color Kyungsoo didn't necessarily approved and, like his soulmate heard his thoughts, the strand would be of a more suiting color the next morning.

On the day the strand became pink, Kyungsoo decided it'd be time to search for his soulmate. He didn't really have time to look for them before because of his studies but he now had much more free time. Also, it should be easier to find someone with pink hair, right ? He first asked to all his friends if they knew someone who recently dyed their hair pink but they didn't. He then decided to wander around in his town asking random people if they knew someone with pink hair but their answers were all the same : no, they didn't. He started to realize how hard it was to find his soulmate, even with a special feature like this one. After a few weeks he already was on the brink of giving up. He had just stepped outside his house on the last day of his research when he spotted a small man with pink hair waiting near the coffee shop in front of him. Kyungsoo's eyes widened and his heart started to race. Finally, he thought, thanks God I didn't give up already. He walked determinedly to the man and coughed when the latter didn't notice him. The pink-haired man turned around and met his gaze. He has beautiful features, Kyungsoo noted.

-Hi, I'm Kyungsoo ! he introduced himself excitedly.

-And I'm Minseok ? the other answered hesitantly.

-You're my soulmate, right ? he asked, his voice laced with hope, putting his wrist right in front of the other's face.

Minseok glanced at Kyungsoo, at his own wrist then at Kyungsoo's hair.

-No, I'm afraid not, sorry. Unless this is yours, he says showing his wrist with a dark blonde strand of hair tied around it.

His gaze shifted to Kyungsoo's wrist :

-Also... yours just turned black.

Kyungsoo gazed at his soulmate's strand which was indeed black now. He sighed deeply. He was the only one among his friends who hadn't met his soulmate yet. The latter's obsession with hair dye was getting out of hand. He found it funny at first but now he was just desperate : he just wanted to find them but they were making this much harder.

When his soulmate dyed their hair blonde again, Kyungsoo decided, on the spur of the moment, to do the same. He was hoping this would make them realize how it felt and make them as frustrated as he was. He went to the nearest hair salon and asked for a blonde coloration. The handsome hairdresser (whose hair was the same shade of blonde as his soulmate's, Kyungsoo noted) told him red would look better on him so here he was, getting his hair dyed in red by a ridiculously attractive guy (Jongin, according to his nametag). The strand of hair on Jongin's wrist gradually became red as he was doing the coloration but neither of the two noticed.

Kyungsoo was about to pay when he noticed the red lock of hair around the hairdresser's wrist, oddly similar to the new shade of his own hair. It can't be a coincidence, he thought, I would have noticed if it was red before. With his heart beating faster and faster, Kyungsoo suddenly grabbed the other's wrist.

-So it's you ?!

Jongin, who didn't even notice the change, opened his eyes wide in shock. Kyungsoo suddenly let out all his frustration :

-All I wanted was to find you, why would you make it so difficult with your constantly changing hair color ? You don't even know how much you drove me crazy before we even met !

Jongin gave him a sheepish smile :

-I'm sorry, he says, not sounding really sorry. Say, do I still drive you crazy now that we met ? he asked on a flirtatious tone.

-Shut up and kiss me already.