1/1

Personal Trainer

 

-Why did I even accept to go with you in the first place ? I've never set foot in a gym before so why should that change today ?

On his way to the gym with his best friend Chanyeol, Kyungsoo was complaining, as always.

-Stop whining shorty, you'll thank me later. And don't worry about that, I know one of the trainers, he'll show us around and explain everything.

Kyungsoo sighed and punched Chanyeol's shoulder for the nickname. They arrived to the gym and Chanyeol's friend, Minseok, quickly presented them the gym and their programs and then told them to get on the cardio machines to warm up. They both get on the treadmills. Kyungsoo was running slowly, taking a look around to observe the other people in the gym when his eyes fell on the most beautiful, good-looking, fascinating and iest trainer he's ever seen. He couldn't take his eyes off of the tan and fit man and even forgot to breathe. He suddenly felt like he was falling and his back strongly hit the ground. He apparently also forgot to run... He could hear Chanyeol's loud and annoying laugh and other people's voices around him. He wondered whether playing dead or running away was the best option. One thing was certain : he was never coming back to that gym ever again. Before he could do anything he felt strong arms around him helping him to sit down. When the face of the trainer he literally fell for appeared before his eyes, Kyungsoo blushed furiously and his heartbeat quickened. There was a worried frown on the man's face and his lips were moving but Kyungsoo couldn't understand what he was saying.

-Huh ? he asked dumbly.

-Are you alright ?

-Err yes ? he was so embarrassed he didn't know how to answer properly.

-Are you sure ?

-Yeah I'm fine don't worry !

Kyungsoo could still feel the man's muscular arms behind his back which didn't displease him at all. He helped him get up and dragged him to a bench where he made him sit down and offered him a bottle of water. They talked a bit and the y trainer who introduced himself as Jongin, Kim Jongin, was asking Kyungsoo if he was okay every 5 minutes which the latter found so ing cute oh my god can he get any more perfect.

-I can be your personal trainer if you want.

Kyungsoo's mind went blank for a moment and he just stared dumbly at Jongin. Did he misunderstand ? Was he really asking that ? you must look stupid, say something. He finally came back to his senses and answered :

-Oh yeah sure I'd love too !

Wait did I sound too enthusiastic ? Kyungsoo was hoping Jongin wouldn't find him too weird (too late the voice in his head answered) but he didn't seem to mind, he just smiled at him fondly and he's cute as hell I think I'm in love.

***

The next day, 7:05 am

Chanyeol was awoken by his phone ringing. He sighed, too tired to reach for it. He didn't know what time it was but surely way too early to be awake on a Saturday morning. He eventually gathered enough strength to pick up the phone without even looking at who was calling him and greeted them by a grunt. His interlocutor, which happened to be Kyungsoo, didn't seem to notice his bad mood as he started talking excitedly :

-Chanyeol let's go to the gym ! I'm ready, I'm coming to your house in 10 minutes, okay ?

-But Kyungsoo we already went yesterday ?

-But you were the one saying we should go regularly though ?

-I meant once a week Kyungsoo not every ing day. Why would you even come back though, I thought you didn't like- wait does that have anything to do with that y trainer you talked to yesterday ?

-What ? No, obviously not ! I'm just really motivated and as I've nothing else to do today I thought we could go again. We haven't even really started our programs yet.

Chanyeol sighed deeply.

-Okay, okay, let's go if you want but please give me at least one hour.

-Alright, see you !

-I hate you.

It was 8:30am when they arrived at the gym which had just opened. When Jongin spotted Kyungsoo he immediately came to greet him.

-Hey Kyungsoo ! You're back already ? So, what do you want to start with today ?

-I see you already have your personal trainer, Chanyeol said with a knowing smile.

-Shut up lamp post, Kyungsoo muttered under his breath while shooting him a death glare.

The latter followed his trainer to a corner of the gym where they began to talk about what he wanted to work on.

-I've actually... never really went to a gym or worked out before so... I don't really know what I want to do, he admits shamefully while scratching the back of his neck.

-Oh okay I see but don't worry about that, it's perfectly fine ! We all start somewhere.

His very kind and patient trainer then proceeded to tell him what he thought was better for him and to explain every exercise he had to do. Sometimes, when Kyungsoo was doing something wrong or when his position wasn't right, Jongin would place his hands on his body to correct it. At every touch, Kyungsoo would shiver and blush furiously, which Jongin didn't seem to notice.

Unlike him, Minseok and Luhan, as well as every other trainer in the gym, they noticed only after a few sessions.

-Awn look how cute they are, Luhan cooed over the adorable couple.

-We're cuter though, Minseok added.

-What the are you saying Minseok ?

-But-

-We're not even a thing ?

-Luhan-

-I know you have a crush on me but please stop that's embarrassing.

-We're a couple Luhan...

-Oh. Yeah. Right. I forgot.

-I hate you.

Luhan laughed lightly and kissed his boyfriend before refocusing his attention to Jongin and Kyungsoo.

-We should find a ship name for them, he said.

-A what ?

-Forget it.

-Oh I think they're done, Jongin is coming over there.

They smiled at each other before approaching him.

-Hey Jongin, how is it going ? Luhan started with a knowing wink.

-What ?

-With Kyungsoo, Minseok clarified.

-Oh, he's making progress !

-It's not exactly what we meant...

-What do you mean then ?

-Well... between the two of you ?

-Yes ?

-We noticed you were really nice towards him.

They were trying to bring the subject without being too direct. Jongin looked confused.

-I'm nice with everyone.

Luhan and Minseok sighed in sync and looked at each other desperately.

-Are you doing it on purpose ?

-No ?

-Okay let's make it clear : your feelings Jongin, what are your feelings for Kyungsoo ?

-Oh... I... don't really know actually...

-Your heart is beating fast when you see him, right ?

-Well yes but-

-You think and talk about him all day ?

-Wait how do you-

-You're in love with him.

-Y-You think ?

-Your body doesn't lie Jongin. Trust us, we see it all : the stares, the proximity, the feelings... You're in love.

***

Kyungsoo couldn't stop thinking about the words he heard earlier. "I'm nice with everyone". He overheard his name in Jongin's conversation with two other trainers but left immediately after hearing this sentence that crushed all his hopes. "I'm nice with everyone". Jongin said that like he meant nothing to him. During all this time they spent together, getting closer both physically and emotionally, he thought that maybe Jongin actually felt something for him, that they were friends at least. But maybe he was just being nice all along. Maybe he even hated him but didn't dare to tell him because he was too kind. Kyungsoo was sprawled on his bed, doing nothing but over thinking. He stayed like that for a few hours. When he finally got up, he was determined. Resigned but determined. Obviously Jongin didn't like him, how could he even think of that in the first place ? He wasn't worthy of him, he didn't deserve him. I mean, you don't even know how to lift weights or run on a treadmill properly. And I'm not even talking about your awkwardness and your pathetic excuse for a conversation. But he could change that. He would change that.

From this day on, Kyungsoo started to do much more sport : he went jogging every morning before going to college and started working out at home in addition to going to the gym. Chanyeol didn't recognize him :

-Wow I don't know what that boy has done to you but damn, he said impressed.

Kyungsoo sighed :

-For the 36th time, this has nothing to do with Jongin.

-I didn't explicitly mention Jongin though, Chanyeol said with a mischievous smile.

Kyungsoo blushed, embarrassed, and shot him a death stare.

-Awn our Kyungie is in love, how cute is that, Chanyeol cooed.

-Shut up , I don't love him, he retorted while rolling his eyes.

Yeah right, the voice in his head said. You don't love him. You don't love his cute and fluffy hair you want to ruffle and play with. You don't love his beautiful eyes either, nor his plump lips you want to kiss. You don't love his toned arms, his muscular backs, his sharp jaw and every outline of his Greek God's body. You don't love his deep voice, his shining smile and his adorable laugh. You don't love his genuine innocence and kindness and how thoughtful and gentle he is with you. Did I mention his dazzling smile that automatically warms your heart and makes you happier when seeing it ? Or how he looks like an excited puppy whenever he's talking about something he likes ? You don't love any of that, do you ? No, you definitely aren't in love with Kim Jongin. Chanyeol noticed the way his best friend zoned out, his distant look and the dreamy smile on his face, but he didn't say anything.

Jongin was very proud of Kyungsoo and really impressed by his motivation. He didn't know he was his motivation. The more he knew about the boy, the more he fascinated him. Kyungsoo took this as an encouraging sign : he knew Jongin liked him for real this time, he wasn't just pretending to be nice, right ? He decided it was time to make a move but he didn't know how to do that, he needed help. He opened his texting app and sighed while selecting his chat with Chanyeol, knowing he would probably regret what he was about to do.

Satansoo : Hey can I call you I have something very important to tell you

Spaghetti Noodle : are u finally going to confess your undying love for ur y gym trainer ? ;)

Spaghetti Noodle : im joking pls don't come to my house with a knife again.....

Satansoo : ...yes

Spaghetti Noodle : whAt

Incoming call : Spaghetti Noodle

Kyungsoo sighed again and picked up the phone, making sure he kept it as far as possible from his ear. He was right to do so because he was attacked by a very loud and victorious "I KNEW IT" as soon as he picked up. When his best friend eventually calmed down, he explained his situation and asked for his help. Chanyeol was annoying most of the time but he turned out to be helpful from time to time. Kyungsoo would never admit it but he was thankful to have him as a best friend. He convinced him to ask Jongin on a date and gave him useful advice. The following day, they both went to the gym and Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo an encouraging smile before they both went with their personal trainers. Kyungsoo wasn't much focused this day, he could only think about what he would tell Jongin at the end of the session. When the time came, he gathered his courage to tell the words he had repeated in his head over and over again. Come on, it's easy, you know what to say, you can do it ! He offered Jongin to come with him to the cinema to see a movie he mentioned a few days ago.

-Oh yeah I'd love to ! How did you know I wanted to see this one ?

-Um you talked about it last week, Kyungsoo said, a bit embarrassed to remember better than Jongin himself what he said. If he was Jongin he didn't know if he would feel more flattered or scared that someone remembered every single one of his words. But as usual, the younger male didn't seem to mind.

-When did you plan to go ? he asked.

-Today, if it's okay with you. Actually there's a screening in half an hour, when does your shift end ?

, Jongin thought, I work until 6 today but I can't refuse...

-I just finished actually, he said on impulse, even though he knew that it was only 4pm and that his hyungs would kill him for that. But he would by no means miss that opportunity to go on a date with Kyungsoo. After all, if Minseok and Luhan were so much convinced that he was in love with the smaller male they would forgive him, right ?

-Perfect, let's go then ! Kyungsoo said enthusiastically.

-Okay I just need to talk to Minseok hyung quickly, I'll be back in a second.

Kyungsoo nodded and took out his phone to send a quick text to Chanyeol who already went home without waiting for him.

Satansoo : Mission succeeded

Spaghetti Noodle : i'm proud of you son, have fun!!!

In the meantime, Jongin ran to Minseok, quickly thinking about how he could announce that.

-Minseok, I have a date with Kyungsoo! he whispered excitedly.

-Oh my god that's so cool ! Luhan will be so proud ! When is it ?

-Um... right now ?

-What do you mean right now ? It's not the end of your shift yet.

Jongin looked at him with pleading eyes.

-Please hyung, I can't miss this opportunity, he said with an adorable pout he knew Minseok couldn't resist.

Minseok sighed and finally let him go, ranting about being too nice with him and how he would have to work twice as much the next day to make up for it. Jongin came back to Kyungsoo and offered to drive them both to the cinema even if it was only a few kilometers away. They arrived quite early so they had time to buy a large bag of popcorn for the two of them and to chat a bit before the screening.

***

As soon as the lights turned back on and the credits appeared on the screen, Jongin began to talk excitedly about the movie and how much he liked it. Seeing his adorable smile and sparkling eyes, Kyungsoo was glad he got that date idea.

-Oh, it's already night, Kyungsoo pointed out when they got out of the cinema. Hey, do you want to go stargazing ? I know a spot from which we can see the stars perfectly, I always went there with my brother when were young.

Normally, he would have been worried about Jongin refusing or finding him weird for asking that. Not at this moment. He felt totally serene, carefree and even a bit daring.

-Yeah I'd love to ! I've always dreamt of doing this ! But what do you think about getting a coffee first ? I'm craving for a hot drink right now.

-Okay, let's go.

Jongin drove them to a coffee shop nearby. They were sitting at a table, waiting for their order, when Kyungsoo felt like it could be the right moment to confess. He took a deep breath, cleared his throat and started out :

-I have something to tell you.

-Oh me too actually !

-Okay, you can go first then.

-No, you were about to talk, go ahead.

They both laughed awkwardly.

-Okay let's say it at the same time, Kyungsoo suggested, thinking that, this way, maybe Jongin wouldn't hear the pathetic declaration he was about to make.

-Okay, Jongin answered, looking slightly nervous.

-I love you, they both said at the same time.

Kyungsoo couldn't believe his ears. Did Jongin really just said that ? Or was it his own voice ? He thought he had whispered it... He wanted to ask the trainer what he said but the latter had begun to speak again :

-I've loved your for a few months actually. Maybe more. I was too blind to see it at first. But now I am sure of it : I love you Kyungsoo, with all my heart and soul. Would you be my boyfriend ?

Kyungsoo's heart missed a beat and his brain stopped working for a second. He didn't care whether this was a dream or reality, whichever it was, he would make the best out of it.

-Y-Yes, he whispered. That's what I also wanted to say. I love you too Jongin.

Jongin took his hand and they stared at each other, smiling shyly. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Jongin broke the awkward silence by saying :

-Shall we go ?

-Oh, yeah, right.

Kyungsoo had totally forgotten about what he suggested earlier. They went back into Jongin's car and Kyungsoo guided him to the stargazing spot. When they arrived there, they lied on the ground against each other. They were cuddling and watching the stars silently when Kyungsoo broke the silence :

-Hey, I was wondering...

-Yeah ?

-Earlier, you said you love me since a few months, right ?

-Yes, why are you asking ?

-I thought it was only since a few weeks.

-Why would you say that ?

-You know, since I started to work out a lot and all...

-You think I only like you because you work out ?

Kyungsoo was beginning to realize how foolish it was to think that.

-Yes ? I don't know. I thought it was a way to... get on your level ? Forget it, it was really stupid, I'm sorry.

Jongin suddenly sat down and took Kyungsoo's head into his hands, looking right into his eyes.

-Hey look at me. I love you for who you are Kyungsoo, not for what you look like. I don't care about your appearance, I'm in love with your personality not with your body. I fell in love with your cute shyness and awkwardness, all your little habits, your determination, your wit, your originality. I fell in love with you Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was speechless. As an answer, he leant forward, shut his eyes and closed the distance between them, locking their lips into a passionate kiss. When they eventually broke away, they stayed in their position with their foreheads touching, looking into each other's eyes lovingly.

-Thank you, Kyungsoo whispered. It means the world to me. You mean the world to me. I love you so much Jongin.

They returned to their initial position, staring at the stars in silence before Kyungsoo spoke again :

-That means you would still love me even if I hadn't come to the gym, right ?

-Of course I would.

-Wrong, it was a trick question. We wouldn't have met if I hadn't come.

-Maybe not this time but we'd have met eventually. Soulmates always meet each other at some point.

-Wait you actually believe in soulmates ? Kyungsoo lets out a light chuckle.

-I didn't, but then I met you.

-Stop being so cheesy, Kyungsoo said embarrassed, hiding his head in Jongin's chest.

 

THE END