Chapter 2

Hidden Emotions

Chapter 2

                Sohee and Myungsoo became closer after Myungsoo opened up about his story. Their close friendship continued for 2 years. They spent more time together and talk more. She is very thankful that Myungsoo encouraged her to change and because of this she was able to understand what her mother felt and why she was left with her aunt.

                Whenever Sohee needed help Myungsoo would always be there and if Sohee sees the wounds Myungsoo has from playing the guitar she always rush to bring medicine for Myungsoo. They also study together; Myungsoo is not that good in his academics but he is really good in math so he tutors Sohee who is not that good in Math; and Sohee teaches Myungsoo whenever he has a hard time understanding the lesson

                It was a typical day in school, Sohee chatting with her friends before the class starts. As soon as the bell rang the teacher entered with a new student. The new student looks very confident in carrying herself. “Everyone this is Suzy she is an exchange student from America. Suzy please introduce yourself” The teacher pointed at Anna. Before introducing herself the class started talking in English which made Anna laugh “Annyeonghaseyo my name is Suzy” the class were startled when they heard Suzy speak in Korean “I am actually half Korean and Half American. Please take care of me well”. “Suzy please sit at the vacant seat at the back” the teacher pointed at the seat beside Myungsoo. Suzy introduced herself to Myungsoo and Sohee and the 2 gave her a warm welcoming smile. “Hi I am Sohee and this is Myungsoo my best friend” Sohee said with a smile. Suzy only stared at Myungsoo while Sohee was talking. “Uhm… I know this is weird to ask on the first day…” Suzy hesitated at first but Myungsoo encouraged her to continue “I am very new in Korea and this school… Myungsoo-ssi can you tour me around the school?” Myungsoo gladly accepted Suzy’s request

                Myungsoo and Suzy toured around the whole campus. As time passes by they also started to become close.  Myungsoo became Suzy’s math tutor and Suzy became Myungsoo’s English teacher. However Myungsoo seems to lose time with his best friend, Sohee. “Myungsoo, are you free after class?” Sohee asked with an expecting heart. They usually study after class to have a recap with the lessons. “Uhm… the thing is….” Myungsoo hesitated to answer “Myungsoo promised me that he will review me for the math quiz today. Sorry Sohee” Suzy interrupted.

                Sohee felt quite disappointed but she did not mind… she was used to studying alone anyway… she just wanted to help Myungsoo. “Why should I bother? What’s wrong with studying alone?” Sohee started talking to herself “I am worried with Myungsoo’s grades… never mind it’s not my grades anyway…” While talking to herself she accidentally bumped in to one of Myungsoo’s closest friend. It was Kim Sunggyu. He is actually the vocal of Myungsoo’s band. “Oops sorry oppa. I did not see you passing” Sohee apologized. Her mind was so occupied that she was not able to look where she was going. “It’s okay.  You look stressed. Is something bothering you” Sunggyu asked looking worried “it’s nothing oppa. My mind is just a mess right now” Sohee answered. Sunggyu was not satisfied with the answer. “Maybe because Myungsoo is now starting to spend less time with you and spends more time with Suzy. Because of that you are starting to get jealous” Sunggyu started smiling mischievously. Sohee just laughed. “Jealous? Why should I be? Am I his girlfriend or anything?” she answered confidently. Sunggyu did not believe her “You look jealous. It’s written on your face” he insisted but Sohee just walked away.

                “Jealous? What nonsense is that?” Sohee thought “Why would I be? I just wanted to study with him… hmph maybe I am a little jealous… I don’t know”. Sohee slapped her face to wake herself up “Just let him be with her. Not my business” Sohee thought. But no matter what she does she is still angry that Myungsoo will not be able to study with her because of Suzy. Or maybe she is starting to develop feelings for Myungsoo and she wants to be with Myungsoo but Suzy is stealing her time away.

                Sohee started being distant to Myungsoo. Whenever Myungsoo asks her something she would just give short answers and go back to what she was doing. It continued for a few days and Myungsoo wondered why is Sohee treating him coldly again. “Sohee why are starting to be cold again?” Myungsoo desperately wanted to know.  Sohee just gave him a cold stare and Myungsoo started to smile which made Sohee angry and she started to hit Myungsoo. Myungsoo almost tripped which made Sohee laugh. “You’re jealous aren’t you” he said teasingly “Don’t worry she is just helping me. I promise I’ll spend more time with you. Sorry about the last time”. Both of them hugged each other and Sohee felt happy and relieved. Sohee realized she is starting to like Myungsoo.