Comfort

Lovesome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Listen to: Comfort by Rocoberry

 

15th March 2015. The day I lost my other half.

 

 

A sudden strange anticipation shot into my stomach when I saw the petite figure sitting on the carpeted grass not far from where I was standing. Her jet black her went down to her waist, softly rustled by the gentle wind, she was wearing a dark blue dress with a bouquet of flowers beside her. I gathered my courage and she immediately twitched right after I cleared my throat. I could hear sniffs and the moment she turned around, my world suddenly stopped spinning.

There was sadness seated in her dark brown eyes but nothing from her beauty was erased.

 

 

From those tears, I could already know how much love she harboured for him. And it was too much.

“So, you’re his best friend?”

“Yes.”

“He talked about you sometimes. The one who loved to steal his kimbap his mother made for him during lunch.” She let out a soft chuckle, something I thought was the most beautiful melody in my ears.

“We were young back then…”

I felt quite embarrassed. Truthyfully, I was kind of a bully when we were in kindergarten but as the both of us entered school, we just got close. He was into manhwa and video games as much as I did and that brought us closer. We finally went our separate ways when we entered college. I pursued my studies in London and he was in this country.We contacted each other through SNS regularly and all he talked about was her, his girlfriend that sometimes I thought it was kinda annoying.

 

But then, there came a time when he stopped texting.

 

I only knew the news about his passing about a week after and it was all because of a cruel road accident.

 

“I understand. He told me about the friend that he used to hate so much turned out to be the one whom he cherished the most. And it turned out to be you.”

Silence followed but the soft sound of the thunder from the distance. It rained not too long after and the two of us just quickly ran for shelter at the nearby entrance gate.

 

 

“Rain was not in the forecast.” I spoke, trying to get rid of this uncomfortable silence. My hair was slightly wet as well as the upper part of my black shirt that I quickly brushed the raindrops off.

“It’s a sad day indeed…”

I noticed that she was looking down to her wet shoes, not even bothering to wipe her face and her wet hair. Even with that wet face, I could still recognize her tears, falling from her beautiful eyes.

Somehow, it hurt me.

 

 

“He told me about you. About how lucky he was and how happy he was. From all the stories he told… I was so eager to meet his so called girlfriend and now, I can see why all the things he said was right. He was lucky to have you because you love him so much.”

She let out a short gasp and more tears fell. I knew I just made her more wretched by saying those words but everything I said to her was true.

I carefully brought my hand onto her head, brushing the raindrops away. Her sweet vanilla scent lingered as I inched closer. She looked up and that’s when my palm touched her right cheek. It felt so warm, yet her expression was so cold. I wiped the sad tears away and held her shoulder.

Our eyes met that I held my breath for a second.

That moment, I could hear nothing but the faint sound of the rain, my own h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter