chapter 17

Infatuation and Falling For You

 

When Tiffany came through the doors, the lack of customers was easily noticed. It was intentional that she came here when the cafe wasn’t busy. She came out of the office early today so she could enjoy lunch with Taeyeon.

 

After their date, she’s been finding ways to hang around Taeyeon more often. She worried she was being too clingy, but seeing the other girl’s face light up every time they meet, it didn’t seem to be a problem.

 

Tiffany saw that all the girls, except Yoona, were all sitting at the counter and chatting.

 

“Tiffany, nice timing,” Sooyoung greeted. “I need your help.”

 

She just got here and she wasn’t expecting to be greeted by Sooyoung giving her the puppy eyes.

 

“Ummm...help with what?”

 

“I don’t know what to give Jessica on her birthday.”

 

Tiffany blinked at her a few times.

 

“I’m sure she’d appreciate anything you’ll give her.”

 

“I know. But I want to give her something nice. I mean, she gave me a bracelet on my birthday. A really expensive bracelet,” Sooyoung explained while showing the bracelet on her wrist.

 

“Show off,” Yuri muttered behind them.

 

Ignoring her, Sooyoung spoke again, “Will you help me?”

 

Being the nice person that she is, Tiffany replied, “Okay. Let’s meet up sometime this weekend and we’ll go shopping.”

 

“Thank you so much,” Sooyoung said excitedly as she hugged the girl. “I could kiss you right now.”

 

“Yah!” came Taeyeon as she quickly pulled Sooyoung away from Tiffany. “She’s mine.”

 

She glared at her friend much to everyone’s amusement. Placing a hand over her shoulder, Tiffany calmed the smaller girl.

 

“Don’t worry, Tae,” she said. “My lips are all yours,” she whispered into her ear. She then giggled at the expected reaction.

 

“We can still hear you, you know?,” Sunny mumbled. “Geez. When did this place become so gay? I can practically see all of you farting rainbows.”

 

“That’s not so bad. At least it beats your smelly farts,” Yuri shot back.

 

Sunny hit her hard.

 

“Yah! Whose farts smell?” Sunny challenged the tall girl.

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung and Tiffany promised to text each other later. Then Taeyeon led Tiffany away to an empty table where she'd already set their lunch.

 

“Well this is nice.”

 

“I cooked your favorites.”

 

“I noticed.”

 

Tiffany smirked at her.

 

Taeyeon expected Tiffany to sit opposite her, but then she heard the chair beside her being pulled.

 

“You don’t mind do you?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head.

 

Tiffany grinned at her.

 

As she sat, she placed one of her hands on Taeyeon’s thigh. Taeyeon jerked at the touch but made no move to remove the hand. She eyed Tiffany curiously who was just smiling at her. Her eyes grew wide when she started leaning closer.

 

“W-We’re in public,” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

“Don’t worry. There’s barely any people around,” Tiffany replied.

 

She continued to lean closer, eyes darting downwards to Taeyeon’s lips. Without wasting any time, she closed the gap. She pressed their lips together in a sweet kiss. Then she slightly opened her lips, softly on her bottom lip. She heard Taeyeon let out a whimper. Darting out her tongue, she swiped it across her bottom lip. She smirked when Taeyeon slightly opened , enough that she was able to deepen the kiss.

 

At this point, one of Taeyeon’s hands were at the back of her neck, pulling her closer while the other one was clutching at her sleeve.

 

They pulled back when they heard a catcall and whistling not far from them. Yuri and Sooyoung were shooting them grins and were giving them a thumbs up. Sunny all but gaped at them with shock but nonetheless all but amused at how their shy friend had daringly kissed someone in public. And not even an innocent one at that.

 

“You guys, there’s a kid watching,” Sooyoung joked while pointing at Sunny with her thumb.

 

Realizing who she meant, Sunny glared at her.

 

“At least keep it PG for our customers,” Sunny commented.

 

Taeyeon was blushing hard while giving her friends a sheepish grin.

 

“I wasn’t expecting that,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Sorry. It’s just, your possessiveness earlier kinda .”

 

“Oh.”

 

Her cheeks were redder now.

 

Tiffany only giggled at how easy it is to make her blush. It was easy to notice due to her pale complexion.

 

“And also because I just like kissing you in general.”

 

“I...I like kissing you too,” Taeyeon shyly admitted then hurriedly changed the topic. “I think we should eat before the food gets cold.”

 

Tiffany gave her one last kiss on the cheek, before finally setting her gaze on the food before her.

 


 

“Krystal-ssi!” Sooyoung called out.

 

She saw the girl standing near the entrance of the mall and thought to greet her. The younger girl turned her head towards the origin of the voice.

 

“Hi,” Sooyoung greeted. “I saw you so I wanted to say hi at least. I didn’t expect to see you here.”

 

The younger girl raised a questioning eyebrow -- a very familiar gesture -- at the older girl.

 

“Didn’t Tiffany unnie tell you?”

 

“Tell me what?”

 

Krystal sighed.

 

“Didn’t she call or text you?”

 

Sooyoung quickly took out her phone.

 

“I’ve had my cell on silent since this morning due to a phone call with a client. I must have forgotten to turn it back on,” Sooyoung explained as she checked her phone.

 

And there it was, a text message from Tiffany.


 

From: Tiffany

 

Sorry I can’t make it. Something suddenly came up at work. But don’t worry, I called Soojung and she said she’s willing to help. Hope you guys have fun shopping. xoxo

 

 

After reading the message, I glanced back at Krystal who busied herself with her own phone.

 

“So I guess you’re here to help me then?”

 

Looking up from her phone, Krystal replied, “Tiffany unnie rarely asks me for favors so I accepted.”

 

“You didn’t have to.”

 

Sooyoung suddenly felt guilty.

 

Krystal only shrugged at her.

 

“I didn’t have anything planned anyways so I said yes.”

 

“Oh. Okay. Thanks for the help then, Krystal-ssi. I’ll treat you later I promise.”

 

“You can drop the honorifics, unnie. I don’t mind.”

 

“Okay then.”

 


 

This was getting ridiculous.

 

The two couldn’t agree on anything.

 

They grew frustrated at each other’s choices.

 

They disagreed on the color of a potential jacket as a gift when they saw one of the shops they visited. Krystal argued that it should be white since it’s her sister’s favorite color (A/N: I’m just sort of guessing here but it’s not completely baseless. I’ve seen Jessica wear a lot of white pieces.). Sooyoung argued back that red would look good on her too.

 

Next was a bag where they disagreed on the color, type, and brand.

 

At a shoe shop, Krystal wanted something with killer heels since it would help scare the crap out of people -- “Which she doesn’t need since she scares her employees as it is,” Sooyoung commented -- while Sooyoung wanted flats or at least just an inch high heel because they were more comfortable.

 

This went on as the afternoon rolled by. Perfume, earrings, bracelets, dresses, purses,...etc.

 

Sooyoung wanted to call it quits.

 

But then-

 

“Unnie, what about that!?”

 

Looking towards the pointed direction, her face lit up.

 

“It’s pretty,” Sooyoung commented.

 

“Right?”

 

“I guess we finally agree on something,” Sooyoung said with a chuckle.

 

“Finally.”

 

 

Krystal released her own tired sigh.

 

“So we’re not going to argue again over something like the color of the chain, are we?” Sooyoung asked her with a sidelong glance.

 

With their trademarked Jung eye roll, Krystal replied, “Just match it with what you’re wearing.”

 

After their gift shopping was over with, all their frustrations had been washed over. It was such a relief for both of them. And now it was time to satisfy their cravings.

 

“I almost forgot how much you eat, unnie,” Krystal stated as she looked in awe at the several dishes on their table.

 

“Haven’t you heard? I’m a Shikshin.”

 

She winked at the younger girl.

 

“I can’t imagine how much your food bill costs.”

 

Sooyoung laughed heartily at that. Because if she did the calculations, it was a lot for one person. She’s pretty sure the cafe was losing money because of her and especially now that it seems Yuri won’t stop feeding Yoona anytime soon.

 

“You don’t wanna know.”


 


 

*Bzzzzt*

 

*Bzzzzt* *Bzzzzt*

 

*Bzzzzt*

 

*Bzzzzt* *Bzzzzt*

 

She frowned at the sound. When it didn’t stop, she started to stir in her bed. She rolled over and with her eyes still closed, she moved her hand over to the nightstand, hovering over it a few times before her palms finally hit the surface. Then she started to feel for the vibrating device.

 

Once it was in her hand, she brought it close to her face.

 

As she slowly opened her lids, she groaned at the brightness of the light her phone’s screen emitted. It burned through her eyes. She moved it farther away from her face as she pressed it on the receive button then brought it close to her ear.

 

“You better be dying.”

 

“Good morning!” was the offending chirpy voice on the other line.

 

“It’s the middle of the f***king night. What do you want, Tiff?”

 

“Don’t be like that.”

 

“I’m losing my patience here.”

 

“Geez. I just called to tell you ‘Happy Birthday!”. I wanted to be the first one to greet you.”

 

“...”

 

“Jess?”

 

“...”

 

“You fell asleep again, didn’t you?”

 

“...”

 

“Sweet dreams then,” Tiffany whispered over the phone.

 


 

“So many rejects,” Jessica whined.

 

She rubbed at her temples as she looked down at the pile on her desk.

 

She’s been looking at new designs since this morning and she was getting frustrated. She looked at her clock and saw that it was already her lunch break. She thought if she was going to be stuck in her office looking at more designs and checking emails, she might as well take a break.

 

She was about to walk out the door when it suddenly opened, almost hitting her right in her face.

 

“Hi!”

 

There, standing in front of her was Sooyoung, all smiles and sunshine.

 

“You don’t knock?” Jessica snapped.

 

Sooyoung’s smile all but vanished as she looked at her maddened face.

 

“Oh...I’m sorry. I’ll make sure to do that next time,” Sooyoung nervously said.

 

Jessica sighed.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to snap at you. I’m just a bit stressed.”

 

Sooyoung smiled sympathetically at her and moved to wrap her arms around her.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“You just seemed like you needed a hug.”

 

Jessica said nothing and buried her face in her shoulder.

 

“I actually came to drag you out so we could have lunch,” Sooyoung said.

 

“I was actually about to go out when you came. You almost hit me with the door.”

 

Sooyoung erupted with laughter.

 

“I really should have knocked, huh.”

 

“I didn’t expect I’d have to tell you. It’s basic courtesy, Soo. I would’ve made you pay my medical bills if you broke anything.”

 

“We could have your face insured?”

 

It was Jessica’s turn to laugh.

 

“I think that’s taking things a bit too far.”

 

“You never know.”

 

*Growl*

 

Jessica laughed loudly this time that she buried her face further into Sooyoung’s shoulder to muffle the sound. She’d rather spare herself from her employees’ weird glances.

 

“Well I guess that’s our cue,” Sooyoung said, reluctantly unwrapping her arms around Jessica.

 


 

She should have known.

 

Jessica had a suspicion when they walked into a very expensive restaurant. Everything seemed normal, they ate, chatted, and laughed -- a good time basically -- but then, her suspicion was confirmed when the moment she was presented with a small box.

 

“Happy Birthday.”

 

“You didn’t have to.”

 

“You didn’t have to give me this either,” Sooyoung shot back while raising her arm, presenting the bracelet on her wrist. “C’mon open it.”

 

Opening the box, Jessica’s eyes widened. It was a rose gold necklace with a lily flower pendant.

 

She picked it up from the box, admiring pinkish glow underneath the fluorescent lights.

 

“This is lovely. Thank you.”

 

“That’s good to hear,” Sooyoung said as she sighed in relief. “But I can’t really take full credit. Krystal was the one who saw it first.”

 

“Soojung-ah?”

 

“I actually asked Tiffany for help first but she said she was busy.”

 

Jessica was touched at the gesture and effort she put in her gift.

 

“Help me put it on?”

 

Without saying another word, Sooyoung stood up and walked up behind her. She took the necklace from her hand, raising it over her head and brought it down so that it now hung against her collar bone. She then carefully clasped it behind her neck.

 

Sooyoung returned to her seat after. She smiled to herself at how nice it looked around her neck. Jessica expressed her thanks once more before they continued to eat.

 

Sooyoung didn’t fail to notice how Jessica would keep touching her necklace much to her glee.

 


 

“I have to go back to work, Soo.”

 

“C’mon. It’s your birthday. Let’s go somewhere fun,” Sooyoung urged. “Besides, I already got permission from Tiffany and she told me to keep you away from the office.”

 

“She what?!”

 

“Shh! Don’t shout.”

 

“I have things to finish. There’s a pile of-”

 

Sooyoung shushed her again, now placing her index finger over her lips.

 

“Don’t worry. Tiffany said she’ll take care of it.”

 

Jessica glared at her. She looked at her for a moment before sighing.

 

“Did you plan this?”

 

Looking away, Sooyoung replied, “Maybe?”

 

“Soo.”

 

“Okay. I did,” she finally admitted. “I just wanted to do something for you on your birthday. I didn’t want you spending it in the office.”

 

“Welcome to the adult world,” was Jessica’s sarcastic reply.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at the girl.

 

“It’s your birthday. Let’s have fun.”

 

“Don’t you have work?”

 

Sooyoung shrugged.

 

“I finished what I could yesterday. Besides, that’s what I have Sunny for.”

 

Somewhere in an office on the floor above a cafe, a 20-something female diligently working on her laptop sneezed out of nowhere.

 

“I really wonder how she’s put up with you all this time,” Jessica commented whilst shaking her head at her.

 

“Because I pay her good,” Sooyoung said with a grin.

 

In the end, Jessica went along with her.

 


 

The two walked around the city, enjoying their afternoon going from place to place, bookstores, pop up art exhibits, and Myeongdong (and of course, eating snacks along the way a must). They were now walking side by side along a stoned pathway in a park. There were cherry blossoms along the path and they were in full bloom.

 

It was spring after all.

 

Jessica couldn’t help admiring them and catching a falling petal.

 

“Did you have fun?”

 

Jessica turned her head to face Sooyoung and beamed at her.

 

“I did.”

 

“That’s a relief. I was worried dragging you away from the office would have been a bit much.”

 

“It’s fine. Maybe a heads up next time would be nice.”

 

“Deal.”

 

Looking at the time, both of them decided it was time to go back.

 


 

Jessica felt unsettled at the empty workplace.

 

‘Did Tiffany let them off early?’ she thought.

 

The two continued to walk towards her office. As she opened the door, she was even more baffled why her office was so dark.

 

‘Did I turn off the lights when I left?’

 

Jessica’s office has always been a bit dark even in the morning because she prefers to have the blinds down over the large window facing the city. She only pulls them up when it’s night or when she feels like looking at the view during her late nights in the office.

 

Finding the switch, she turned the light on.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”

 

“SURPRISE!!!” “

 

Jessica almost cursed.

 

She heard Sooyoung snigger beside her.

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“But it is. Your face was so…,” Sooyoung didn’t finish and just bursted out laughing.

 

Jessica shot her a glare before turning her attention to all the other people currently in her office.

 

She took a deep breath.

 

“Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate it,” Jessica said with all sincerity. “But, I hope scaring me to death on my birthday wasn’t intentional.”

 

It was the first time her employees have heard their boss joke about anything. She seemed always serious and unsociable whenever they approached her.

 

It was silent for a bit which made Jessica feel the familiar creeping anxiety in her chest. But soon it passed as she was met with laughter seconds later.

 

“Sorry, daepyo nim!”

 

“We’re so sorry!”

 

“We didn’t mean to, boss!”

 

“But at least we succeeded with the surprise!”

 

Tiffany then had to hush them and instructed everyone to move things along to the company function room. The employees followed and slowly filed out of her office.

 

“So was this your idea?” Jessica asked Tiffany.

 

“Of course,” Tiffany answered proudly. “Now come on you two or they might just start without us.”

 


 

“Happy Birthday, unnie!”

 

Jessica was welcomed -- more like tackled really -- by her younger sister the moment she walked through the double doors. It was a good thing Sooyoung was just behind her and caught her just in time before she lost her balance from the impact.

 

“I can’t breathe, Soojung-ah.”

 

Krystal immediately let go and gave her sister.

 

“Sorry, unnie.”

 

Other familiar faces approached and greeted her.

 

“Happy Birthday, Jessica,” Yuri greeted. “You may be a year older now but you still look good for your age.”

 

She even gave her a thumbs up.

 

Yoona pinched her side.

 

“That wasn’t necessary, unnie,” she mumbled to her.

 

Jessica still thanked her though.

 

“Sorry about Yul unnie,” Yoona apologized.

 

“It’s fine,” Jessica waved off.

 

“Ah. Happy Birthday, unnie,” Yoona said while presenting a paper bag in front of her. “I got you something too.”

 

Jessica was obviously surprised.

 

“You really didn’t have to,” Jessica said, accepting the gift hesitantly.

 

“It’s no big deal. I wanted to.”

 

Jessica smiled gratefully.

 

“Now that just makes me look bad,” Yuri cut in.

 

“That’s fine unnie. You and Taeyeon-unnie made all the food. That counts for something,” Yoona said.

 

“And I’ve basically been eating for free since you guys won’t accept any money from me,” Jessica added. “And I’m not really used to receiving gifts so I’m really grateful.”

 

Yuri wasn't about to tell her then that she's been placing it in Sooyoung's tab.

 

“Okay. Well then, we better get back and help Taeyeon set up what’s left,” Yuri said, pulling Yoona away with her.

 

Sunny was left.

 

“I half expected for you two to show up,” Sunny said. “I figured Sooyoung would have kidnapped you at some point.”

 

Jessica furrowed her brows.

 

“Why would you say that?”

 

“Her selfish reasons,” Sunny replied with a shrug. This earned her a pinch on her waist from Sooyoung. Sunny glared at her but Sooyoung wouldn’t look her way and feigned innocence.

 

Sighing, Sunny turned her attention back to Jessica.

 

“I also want to tell you Happy Birthday,” Sunny said with a smile. “I really wasn’t sure what to get you so I thought of something more practical. I got you two spa tickets.”

 

She brought them out of her pocket.

 

“Wait...isn’t this that place that you need to book about at least two weeks in advance?”

 

“Yes, it is. You can just go there anytime. Tell them you know me and they’ll let you in right away.”

 

“How did you even-”

 

“Sunny knows the owner,” Sooyoung explained. “And she frequently goes there too. She’s actually in their VIP list.”

 

Sunny winked at her.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 


 

The party was in full swing. With all the food and booze, everyone was either drunk or tipsy. The girls had even set up a karaoke machine which was pretty much a hit to everyone. People were taking turns singing on the makeshift stage that was set up.

 

Amidst all the noise, Sooyoung had settled on leaning on a wall at a far corner of a room, a glass of wine in hand. The whole time, she couldn’t help watch a certain someone. By this time, it’s probably a skill now at how could easily find Jessica in a room full of people.

 

She looked on fondly as Jessica seemed to be having fun. Once her employees relaxed around her, it made it easier for the girl to talk to them (and the alcohol helped too). She watched with a small smile on her face but she couldn’t help a familiar feeling come over her.

 

To point it out bluntly, it was jealousy. It was the main reason why she spent the whole afternoon with her.

 

Refilling her glass with some wine, Sooyoung decided she needed some air. She scanned the room and remembered seeing a balcony through the curtains earlier.

 

She silently made her escape, not that she really needed to since everyone was preoccupied.

 

As the cool evening air hit her, she couldn’t help but sigh in appreciation. She walked over the railings, taking a sip as she went. The sliding door muffled the noise from the inside which she liked. She wanted to at least enjoy the view without too much noise.

 

She continued to sip on her glass until she noticed it was empty.

 

“You need a refill?”

 

She quickly snapped her gaze around, surprised at the sudden intrusion -- although it’s not really an intrusion when the intruder owns the place.

 

“I’ll take you up on that offer.”

 

Jessica approached her, a bottle of wine on one hand and her own glass on the other. After pouring wine on Sooyoung’s glass, she placed the bottle on the floor, far away enough that neither would accidentally knock it over.

 

“Let’s make a toast,” Sooyoung said.

 

“Okay,” Jessica complied. “A toast to what?”

 

“A toast to you having grown a year closer to your death,” Sooyoung said with a grin.

 

“Well that’s pretty dark.”

 

“I’m kidding. But with all seriousness, I want to make a toast to you and your success and may you be more successful and beautiful in the following years to come.”

 

Jessica giggled as she clinked their glasses together.

 

They then stood in comfortable silence while gazing over the city skyline.

 

“I’m so happy that I’ve met you.”

 

Jessica turned her head to face the other girl who was still staring towards the city.

 

“Soo,” Jessica called her attention.

 

“Hmm?”

 

This time, Sooyoung had turned to face her too.

 

“I’m happy to have met you too.”

 

Maybe it was the wine.

 

Maybe it was because they were standing so close to each other.

 

Maybe because they were all alone.

 

Maybe it was the way that she was looking up at her.

 

Maybe it was all the rush of feelings she felt at this moment.

 

Sooyoung began to lean a little bit closer. When Jessica made no signs of moving away, she leaned even close.

 

She gulped.

 

Her eyes flickered down to the pair of lips she’s been dreaming of for such a long time now. Then she looked back up to stare at soft brown eyes looking straight back at her.

 

She could feel her heart beating so loudly against her chest.

 

“Can she hear it too?” she wondered.

 

Jessica was looking up at her with searching eyes. She was aware that her breathing hitched. She was feeling hot as well. It didn’t help her condition when she saw how Sooyoung was looking at her.

 

As Sooyoung leaned closer, Jessica’s slightly fluttered shut.

 

“Jess!”

 

They were startled and quickly jumped away from each other at the sound of Tiffany’s voice.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry...for disturbing. I- I’ll just go.”

 

Tiffany wasn’t stupid. She looked apologetically at Sooyoung.

 

“No! You don’t have to go,” Sooyoung exclaimed. “We were...uh...just talking.”

 

“Yeah. We were just talking,” Jessica said as well.

 

Tiffany awkwardly smiled at the two.

 

“Umm...well the others were asking if you could at least sing a song.”

 

Hearing that, Sooyoung saw it as the perfect escape.

 

After what she just attempted to do earlier, she couldn’t possibly look at Jessica right now. No one’s that dense not to know what she was just about to do.

 

Sooyoung finally had just realized the weight of her actions. Even if Jessica made no move to push her away, she was probably drunk or too shocked to do anything. Some people would have probably froze in such situations.

 

‘What have I done? Taking advantage of a drunk person?!’

 

She suddenly felt nervous and anxious.

 

She wasn’t looking forward to what was to come after this.

 

“You should do it, Sica! I also want to hear you sing,” Sooyoung said with enthusiasm. It was fake obviously.

 

Jessica couldn’t help the frown taking over her face, glancing at the taller girl questioningly.

 

“Just one song,” Tiffany urged.

 

Jessica huffed.

 

“There’s now way I’m getting out of it, am I?”

 

“Nope,” Tiffany answered with a laugh.

 

With a sigh, Jessica begrudgingly followed Tiffany inside. Noticing Sooyoung wasn’t moving, Jessica glanced back at her.

 

“Aren’t you coming?”

 

“I’ll just finish this and come inside. There’s now way I’m missing your performance,” Sooyoung said.

 

Jessica studied her for a moment before giving a slight nod and walking inside.

 

Sooyoung released a relieved sigh. She downed the rest of her drink in one gulp. Seeing as that wasn’t really enough alcohol for her situation, she picked the bottle of wine from the floor and took a swig.

 

She reluctantly walked back inside.

 

Her change in mood didn’t go unnoticed among her friends. They chose not to question it. For now, at least.

 

They all shifted their attention to Jessica who had walked up to the stage. Sooyoung immediately noticed her nervousness even with all the confidence she tried to display.

 

“I’m not really much of a singer so, please don’t expect too much,” Jessica said through the mic.

 

“You liar!” Tiffany shouted.

 

This earned her a glare from Jessica telling her to shut up. Tiffany, as usual, wasn’t fazed at all and gave her best friend thumbs up and mouthed ‘good luck’ to her.

 

“You don’t mind if I sing a ballad, do you?” Jessica asked and then quickly added. “Not like you can do anything since I already picked the song.”

 

That earned her some laughs.

 

The song finally started.

 

The first few notes of a piano accompanied by an acoustic guitar came through the speakers. Sooyoung’s ears immediately picked up on the song the moment Jessica started singing.

 

(A/N: The song she’s singing is her OST for Sooyoung’s drama: The One Like You)

 

Jessica’s voice sounded so sweet and angelic. She was in awe at how she hit those high notes.

 

Sooyoung felt tears forming in her eyes which she quickly wiped them away, hoping no one saw. It’s just that the lyrics resonated with what she was feeling towards her.

 

With another swig from the bottle, Sooyoung sat herself down, closing her eyes and just listened.