a person worth waiting for

Take Me to Where We Belong Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun stares at the message that burns onto her phone's screen with an unmistakable name as the sender.

[Lee HyunShin oppa]: Seolhyun. I know this is a hard time for you during nursing school. I understand. I went through law school. But just because you're busy with school doesn't mean you can't at least spend sometime with your boyfriend right? You haven't even called me for a week. What's going on? Tell me, baby.

Seolhyun does not know why she does not want to call her lover. Why, she asks, deep in the pits of her heart, does she feel the worst is to come? Hyunshin had always wanted them to be with each other all the time. Every possible moment, and even the impossible ones. And she loved him for it, or so she thought. But gone were the days of joy and freedom from their youth. Now, Seolhyun could barely afford to pay her own rent, much less pay for the phone bill and going on dates. And, as much as she wanted to see Hyunshin's face from time to time, she couldn't confront the reality that Hyunshin would likely take pity on her and attempt to give her money. She didn't want to feel like a pity party. So she cut him off and put him at a distance, far away yet still in her grasp. She knew that he wanted her to show him love, to be there for him, but couldn't give it to him because she couldn't love herself for what she was going through.

[Lee HyunShin oppa]: Answer me. Why won't you talk to me? Tell me what's wrong.

Seolhyun's buzzes as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter