Final

Stay Eighteen

He was eighteen, with a beer bottle in his hand. His legs dangled over the concrete ledge of the bridge. 
It was night time, and he was tired, but the laughter of his friends kept him awake.
A sip from the bottle. His drink was warm, but he didn't mind.
He was underage... but no one cared around here. They owned this place, in their minds. This was their town. Everyone knew them, and no one cared what they did.
A clap on the back, and a warm smile from the oldest of the bunch, Hakyeon.
"Come on, Hyukkie. Let's get going." He said, his words only slightly slurred.
The youngest smiled, and stood up, his warm beer bottle still in hand. 
"Everybody, wake up!" A call from Hakyeon to the other members of the group. 
Arising from where they had dozed off, Wonsik and Jaehwan opened their eyes. They had fallen asleep against each other, both completely out of it.
Hongbin, the second youngest, was already awake, just staring at the night sky. His brown eyes slowly focussed on Sanghyuk.
"Gonna finish that?" He questioned, referring to the bottle in hand.
Sanghyuk passed it without another word, and Hongbin let out a laugh of victory, taking the glass and downing the rest in one go.

Sanghyuk... wanted to stay like this forever. Eighteen, an adult but not quite, with his friends of various ages, moving around the town like it was nobodies business, from party to party, from place to place. 
They didn't listen, to anyone, and no one could tell them what to do.
It was him, his friends, and the world.

But they found themselves on the road, later on in life, racing down the highway, jam packed into Wonsik's car, singing at the top of their lungs.
They were getting out, of the town that held them down. 
Wonsik said something, trying to be heard over the music.
No one paid attention.
They had a long way to go before they reached their destination.

He was twenty now... but eighteen at heart.
He was still young, when he met him. His heart was stolen away in the blink of an eye. A party, the usual, but a calm voice lulled him from the beginnings of a drunken stupor.
A smile, that curled just the corner of the person's lips.
He was twenty, eighteen at heart, and beginning to fall.
It's been done, and it's been said. 

Hakyeon yelled for the first time a few weeks later. Sanghyuk didn't know how to react, with Taekwoon clinging to his arm in surprise. 
The older, stoic man thought he had Hakyeon figured out within the few weeks they've known each other.
But how wrong was he?
Sanghyuk was trembling.
Wonsik gave a shout, telling the oldest to calm down.
Sanghyuk was just being Sanghyuk. How could they blame him?
The oldest was just jealous.
Jealous that he had found someone.
Jealous he had found someone to love.

He was going to stay eighteen forever, with Taekwoon by his side.