FINAL

Shut Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, so, what do you think? Would that suit me? Or should I go on a lighter tone? Maybe light blue.. Or green.. I’ve even seen it on tv but you know, everything looks better on tv. You see it there, feel like you’d rock it, buy it, and then leave it in the armchair because in reality it looks horrible. Maybe I should try it somewhere instead of buying it online.. That’s hard.. What do you guys think? Are you even listening?”

Chanyeol’s ears were on fire. Actually, everyone’s ears were burning because Baekhyun had been talking non-stop for at least 1 hour. They were finally given some days off, and the intention was to relax as much as possible before returning to the usual busy schedule of theirs. Since only Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Minseok and Jongin decided to remain in Seoul at the dorm, while the other guys went back to their houses, everyone thought that they could actually relax a bit. But that wasn’t relaxing at all. With the halved number of people present in the dorm, the number of interlocutors available to listen to Baekhyun’s continuous speeches got reduced as well.

That’s why the four guys were about to explode. Every time it seemed like the little guy was about to stop, he actually started again with another topic, without following any evident connection. No one dared to say anything, because dealing with an offended Baekhyun would be even worse.

Minseok and Jongin were sitting on one sofa, trying to follow a program on tv, even though they hadn't been able to catch a single word that had been said. Kyungsoo was sitting by the table, reading, or better, trying to read a book. Chanyeol had the worst spot of the living room, the seat just next to the loudspeaker who was getting on everyone’s nerves. That position made him the very first target of Baekhyun, since he was the easier to reach in order to ask an opinion about everything that crossed his mind.

“Chanyeol, look at this newly opened cafè. It seems fun, should we go there when everyone comes back at the dorm? It’d be really fun! What do you think? Uh?”

Chanyeol snorted as an answer, without even turning his head.

“What’s wrong with you? Uh? Uh? Hey, could you at least answer?”

Another snort was the only thing which came out from the red-haired guy, who this time even turned his head in the opposite direction. “When will he shout that mouth?” is what he kept asking himself, hoping that ignoring his friend would make him understand how stressful he was being.

Unfortunately, that had the completely opposite effect on Baekhyun, who instead clinged on Chanyeol’s arm, pulling it back and forth.

Everyone in the room stopped doing their activities, expecting the imminent explosion of Chanyeol, whose patience had already probably reached the lowest level in history.

“Ya! What’s your problem! Could you pay me a little attention? It’s not like I’m asking much! Could you stop acting grumpy with me for a second?” the little guy whined, pouting.

He really asked to “pay him a little attention”. That was it. The volcano was going to erupt any moment. Kyungsoo placed the book on the table, while Minseok and Jongin lowered the volume of the tv. That was a scene worth all their attention.

“Chanyeol! List..” Baekhyun was saying, but couldn’t finish because of something that no one in the room was expecting. Something that made the three spectators drop their jaws. Something as Chanyeol’s lips on Baekhyun’s. The red-haired boy suddenly turned himself towards his friend’s direction, grabbed his face with both hands and pressed his lips against Baekhyun’s, who took at least five seconds to get a clue on what was happening. The kiss was light and short, but had an impact strong enough to leave the shorter boy speechless. All he could do for the next moments was look incredulous at Chanyeol, on whose face was painted a satisfied smirk.

Everyone in the room was waiting for one of the two to say something, to break that awkward silence. That scene was one hundred times more entertaining than any drama or book.

“You’re noisy” Chanyeol said looking straight in Baekhyun’s eyes.

One second after the only thing which could be heard was a giggle coming from the other guys, who enjoyed the scene without saying a single word. It could have been funny for everyone, everyone except Baekhyun, who, after completely realizing what had just happened, couldn’t help but to turn as red as Chanyeol’s hair. He didn’t know how to react, what to say, who to look at, he just couldn’t believe that Chanyeol just kissed him.

“You’re an idot!” is the only thing which came out of Baekhyun’s mouth just before getting up from the sofa and rushing towards his bedroom.

Chanyeol stretched his arms and legs, finally able to listen to his thoughts, pretty satisfied about the way he dealt with his talkative friend.

“See? That’s how you do things!” Chanyeol said to the other boys, as if he had just won an Olympic gold medal.

“Maybe you exaggerated a bit” Kyungsoo said jokingly.

“Kungsoo’s right. You should have just told him to be quiet” Jongin added.

“What? No one has been saying anything, so I just had to solve the problem in an alternative way” Chanyeol replied.

“Well, he has a point” this time the one who talked was Minseok.

“Of course I do!” Chanyeol replied, full of himself.

“Still, you should say sorry to him” Kyungsoo stated, tilting his head towards the room Baekhyun just went into, as an invite for Chanyeol to get up from the sofa and follow him.

“Fine, fine! You guys are not funny at all!” Chanyeol said while getting up.

 

 

 

Chanyeol knocked twice on the closed door.

“Baekhyun, open. Don’t be a brat and let me in!” the red-haired said, without receiving any answer. “Come on, are you really angry? I want to talk to y..” Chanyeol was saying while trying to open the door, but didn’t even finish the sentence as he saw the door opening without problem. He was sure his friend would have locked it, but he was wrong.

Chanyeol entered in the room, and the first thing he saw was an astonished Baekhyun, who was peeking from under the blankets, cheeks redder than ever.

“Didn’t I close.. ah, damn it!” Baekhyun said realizing he didn’t actually lock himself in the room. He looked at Chanyeol for a moment before covering himself again. From the movements Chanyeol saw under the blankets, he supposed that the little guy even turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter