Opportunities

WANTED: Mr. CEO's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  3:  O P P O R T U N I T I E S

“Uhm sir… what happen to your face?”

Lee Joon Gi left his gaze from his laptop and glare at his secretary, “What do you think?”

Mr. Kim In-Kwon step back a bit with a hesitate smile and move his gaze from the angry eyes of the young heir towards the desk, “It’s just that you seems to me that you somehow got into a fight.”

He snorted, “More like been attack by an angry monkey.”

The secretary look up to him, confused, “Sir?”

“Never mind.”

Until this day, Joon Gi was still in process of recovering not just physically, but also emotionally due to yesterday’s fiasco. He is still angry, no, pissed is the right word to describe his emotion. He was still feeling that way not because he was having minor bruise and a nose bleed. It was never a stranger to him to have that kind of physical injury, but what makes him pissed is that monkey brat hurt his pride as a man and as a well-respected CEO of all over the Korea.

Surely, a lot of people would’ve known him at just one glance since he usually appear in the news and in magazines, mainly in the business and social categories. He was used to people that are easily intimidated by his aura and his way of interacting with them. With that, he would likely gain respect without having to exert effort and have his demands carry without putting a fight. As much as he hated this fact, it was never a question in regards his popularity towards the opposite . It was already expected that wherever he goes he would likely to attract new or old female pursuance, which he did expect to happen, but he was completely wrong.

Instead of receiving a dreamy smile, try to flirt and let him had the staff animal, what he gets was a glaring and screaming match until he was given a huge blow in his face. Due to that matter, he was surprise that little brat wasn’t intimidated by him and although it was ‘refreshing’ to know at least not all the female population would be head over hills at him, he can’t help but feel a pissed by that encounter.

The grumpy CEO sighed as he closes is his eye, trying to ease his irritation as he massages his temple, “Any reports that I need to know?” he asked.

Mr. In-Kwon nodded, “Actually sir, this morning we receive a report coming from the civil engineer in District 2. It’s something to do with the mode of transaction in acquiring the materials.”

“I’ll be reading the report later. Anything else?”

“Well…” the secretary said as he try to ease his nerves, “…It’s about the h-hiring for the bride.”

He open his eyes and stare at his secretary, “And what about it?”

“I was able to have a few interview of some applicants for the past month. Every day, I was able to get at least two or one suitable applicants…” the secretary paused as he gather his strength for any upcoming blow, “… But when I announce the true intention of the hiring, the qualifiers starts to, ugh, show some of those traits that you hate. Due to that, I was having a hard time to finding one.”

Joon Gi let an agonizing groaned, still massaging his temple. If he was a guy who believe in superstitious, he would strongly believe that he is running out of luck. The hiring of his bride had begun previous month ago, and until this now, his secretary wasn’t able to find any ‘decent’ from the passed female applicants. He knows himself as a meticulous person and he was not easy to please. Due to that, he can't blame his secretary for having a hard time since he set a plan with a strict instruction when it comes to finding the right one.

The plan was to hide the true purpose of hiring only a female applicant in the company through putting some white lies in the advertisement which he makes his secretary in charge of it. According to his secretary, it has something to do with ‘assisting’ him. To attract the female population further, they specify that the wage that they’ll be receiving is way much higher than the employees in the company. The said strict instruction is that, after finding a qualifying applicant(s), that’s the time he will release the truth and must observe the applicants reaction.

Of course, there is no doubt that the applicants will be shock at first, but once she look delighted about her position as a bride and automatically accepts it, then that qualified female is out.

If she looks angry, then he will try to pursue by simple giving her the list of benefit of being the bride of the CEO such as the benefit of being with him and act like a real couple. If she instantly accepts, then she is out.

If she doesn’t then, he will try another tactic by offering her a higher compensation with a list of benefits that goes beyond to her family. If she is accepts, she is the right one and if she backs out, then that the time he, himself will personally try to negotiate with the qualifying applicant. Another, if the real qualifying applicants is more than one that is also his time to step in.

It might be a long process and so surreal, but better safe than sorry.

Lee Joon Gi was about to speak, when suddenly, his office door burst open, revealing his annoying best friend and CFO, Jang Guen Suk.

“And here he is, the man of the day.” Guen Suk said as he sits down in one of the chairs near from his table. That’s Mr. Kim In-kwons’ que to leave the office.

Joon Gi frowned, “’Man of the day’? What do you mean that I’m the man of the day?”

The CFO teasingly grinned, “Try to check your Facebook sometime, Gi.”

“I don’t have time for that.”

Guen Suk rolled his eyes as he grabbed his phone in his pocket, “You know, I never understand why I have to stick up with someone who does not have single ounce of care from the social media.”

“Not all people are into social media.”

“Yeah, like those people who are having white hair, and wrinkles all over the body? I know that and I’m hanging one right now.”

“If you keep on complaining, then the door is open for you to leave.”

Guen Suk take a glance at him from his phone and smirk, “Now, that’s not how you great your best friend. After all, I know you’ll miss me if I leave right now.”

“Who says you’re my best friend?”

“.”

“Bastard.”

Joon Gi smirked and return his concentration from his laptop while the latter chuckled. Though it may look like they are insulting each other, that’s how he and his best friend convers whenever they are in the same room. He and Guen Suk have been best of friends since elementary days and right now, he has no idea how he end up being friend to this guy.

Compare to him, Jang Guen Suk is the exact opposite of him when it comes to dealing with girls and the people around him. When dealing with people, he charms them with his words and smiles. As for the girls, he was known to be a ladies man. He changes girls as if the same way he changes his clothes. Due to that, people would say that they are unlikely pair.

“Ah! There it is.” Guen Suk said as he show the screen of his phone to him.

Joon Gi’s eyes began to rounder when he saw the title of the article that was written in the phone screen.

~*~

“The Knock down CEO”

A Korean Times News

Last 28, June 2017 6:35 in the evening, a video was posted in the social media that went viral was related to the incident happen near the Arcade Center at the **Seol Mall. The video shows the fight between a female and the infamous CEO of LunaMist Incorporated, Lee Joon Gi which the latter ended up flat in the floor due to the strong kick from the former. According to the witnesses, the argument was due to the stuff wolf animal that came from the game central. There are a lot of different accusation of the reason why both parties are fighting for the toy. A lot of the witnesses says it has something to do with the clawing machine malfunctions. Others says that it has something to do who is the rightful owner of the stuff animal.

Here is the video:

~*~

Lee Joon Gi cursed while he hand the phone to his friend, “Well, lucky me. I bet I’ll be receiving million fan mails tonight.” He said sarcastically.

“More like both of you will be receiving fan mails.” Guen Suk said as he scrolls the screen and hand his phone again to him, “Tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter