Guilty Pleasure

Guilty Pleasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the day for the Innisfree photohoot and most of the Wanna One members have been excited with a tinge of nervousness. Aside from Minhyun, Sungwoon and Seongwoo, everyone has not experienced a professional photoshoot. Jihoon can hardly consider the promotional shoot they did for Produce 101 to be on par on what he deems to be professional since the four photographers then can't bother instructing them to do the right poses or maybe they're just tired from shooting 101 guys.


With little to no experience in modelling, the maknae line has been excited for the new experience while Daniel, Jisung and Jaehwan have been extra fidgety since this morning, their anxiousness obvious. Jaehwan has become sassier, Jisung has been silent, and Daniel's satoori has come out involuntarily. 


Having done countless photoshoots from their previous idol background, Minhyun and Sungwoon give tips to the members particularly to the aforementioned three who all express their nervousness during the car ride while Seongwoo hyung, who can be considered a model by profession in his predebut days, trolls everyone with his encounters with evil photographers who eat the hearts of their models for breakfast, earning wails of  terror from Daehwi and Jinyoung, a snort from Woojin and a reprimand from Jisung. Guanlin, not fully understanding his slate hyung's horror stories, is all gummy smiles and seal clapping at Seongwoo's funny facial and vocal impersonation. 


Everything has been going great for the boys until they arrive at the shoot where they are ushered to two different rooms. Daehwi, Jinyoung, Daniel, Seongwoo and Jihoon in the first room and Minhyun, Jaehwan, Guanlin, Woojin, Jisung and Sungwoon in the other room. 


Jihoon has hoped that everything will turn out fine.


***


Jihoon tries not to open his eyes when he hears someone blurts a desperate plea, "Hyung! Will you stop that?" 

That someone awfully sounds like Daniel.

He wonders what Seongwoo does again. Yes, when it comes to Daniel and big reactions, Jihoon spontaneouly thinks that it has something to do with his other hyung. 


His time with his two hyungs in Get Ugly has opened Jihoon's eyes to their dynamics, where Ong Seongwoo is pulling a gag, it would be Daniel who will laugh first and sometimes the loudest. He sometimes reckons that Daniel already knows the jokes even before Seongwoo pulls them.


Where Daniel feels anxious and is burdened by being the leader, he turns to Seongwoo for comfort and the latter will yield to be the younger boy's rock in those hard times.


When his hyungs are together, Daniel smiles a little brighter and Seongwoo acts more ridiculous than usual. 


It seems like an innocent friendship blooming between those two but Jihoon has caught the lingering stares and the soft touches exchanged during practice and in their dorm. 


Jihoon doesn't want to assume anything about the relation of his hyungs but he would be a liar if he says that he is not intrigued. 


If anything, watching over Seongwoo and Daniel has become a guilty pleasure. Something he keeps to himself because how weird it is to know someone who enjoys watching his friends' interaction every chance he gets. 


When the make up artist is done applying his eye makeup, his eyes immediately search for his hyungs through the vast mirror in front of him, reflecting the two boys who are seating on the couch behind him, Seongwoo poking an antsy looking Daniel on the cheek. 


When the makeup artist taps his shoulder, his cue to get up, Jihoon promptly goes to the duo. "What happened guys? Trouble in paradise?"


"Stupid Daniel has appeared that's what happened." deadpans Seongwoo, his finger still prodding the brunet's cheek. 


"Aish, I said stop poking!" exclaims Daniel as he smacks Seongwoo on his stomach for his troubles, the latter doubling in fake pain. 

 

Jihoon hides his smirk as Daniel falls yet again to Seongwoo's acting. The brunet rubs circles on the area where he hit Seongwoo who leans his head on Daniel's shoulder probably to hide his own laughter. He doesn't know if Daniel is totally gullible or he just loves giving in to the older boy's antics. Probably both. 


"Aish, hyung you're not helping at all. You're just distracting me when I need to concentrate." Daniel stops rubbing in favor of biting his nails, a nervous habit that Jihoon has seen a lot during their PD101 days.


Seongwoo immediately grabs the younger man's hand that he keeps nipping on, lacing their fingers together because Daniel's nasty habit gets on Seongwoo's nerve a lot. The older boy then straightens his back, rolling his eyes, "Really. What's there to stress about? You just have to smile at the camera." 


Jihoon nods, "Yeah hyung. You take good selcas so I don't see the problem here."


"Easy for you guys to say. You have experience in modelling and are all natural in this." Daniel sighs, "And selcas are different. I can take as many shots I want and play with the angles. But this? There's a professional photographer and he's gonna chew me out because I fail at photoshoots. I know it."


"Just do it like our profile shots in Produce then.", Jihoon adds. 


The brunet groans, "Don't even remind me." Daniel closes his eyes in cringe as he remembers his first photo shoot for Produce and the photographer who looked ready to send him home because he kept giving amateur poses. Like really? What can you expect from a trainee who is fresh out of their company's dungeon? The photographer could have cut him some slack but he kept showing how disappointed he was and that left a big trauma to him when it comes to photoshoots. "Have you taken a look at those pictures? I look half constipated and half preparing for my mug shots to be taken." 


Waiting for sympathetic replies even from just Jihoon (coz you really can't count on Seongwoo when it comes to sympathy) and receiving none, Daniel opens his eyes and finds two idiots who are stifling their laughter behind their hands.

 

Shaking the older boy's hand off, Daniel abruptly stands and wails dramatically, arms raised in surrender. "Argh! i'm going to Jaehwan hyung. I need someone to commiserate with me!" 


Seongwoo grabs Daniel's arm which the latter shrugs off while shooting him a dirty look. 


"Alright. Alright. I'm sorry Niel-ie. I'll stop laughing now." Seongwoo says through his laughter. 


He fails as more giggles spill from him because Jihoon and some stylists who overheard their conversation keeps chortling discreetly. Good thing that Daehwi and Jinyoung have their fitting now or Daniel will get more mad thinking that they're ganging up on him. 


"Give me five minutes." 


More giggling. 


"Wait, Daniel-ie!" screams Seongwoo as Daniel walks out on them with a huff.


When Daniel storms out of the room, Jihoon turns to his hyung for cue, wondering if they shall run after Daniel or--- 


Jihoon gawks as his hyung laughs his head off, his hands slapping his knees in pure joy. "Oh my god! That was funny! Now that he said it, Niel-ie looks like he just gets charged for murdering his cats in his pictures." 


This hyung. Jihoon can only shake his head. Now there is another reason to admire Daniel, his ability to stand Seongwoo's craziness even after being subjected to it for couple of times already because Jihoon has seen Seongwoo pokes fun at Daniel before and the latter will always take it in a stride or until he bursts which makes Seongwoo laughs harder. Just like what happened now, so Jihoon resigns to wait for his hyung to snap from his high. 


Long-winded from laughing for five minutes straight, Seongwoo has finally calmed down, tapping Jihoon's shoulder before he bids, "I'll look for Daniel and save Jaehwan from him" 


For a second, Seongwoo looks contemplative, lips quirked upside. "Rather I'll save him from Jaehwan."

 
Against his better judgement, Jihoon trails after Seongwoo who enters the next room. From a distance, he can already hear Minhyun hyung and Guanlin chortling while Jaehwan hyung's hollering probably at Daniel inside."Get out, get out! I don't need your negativity here! I'm doing just fine before you came in and now you get me nervous as shi t!" 


and Jaehwan hyung's voice gets louder when he spots Seongwoo hyung. "Yah! Ong Seongwoo! Get Daniel out of this room if you don't want his blood spilt on the floor." 


Upon entering the room, Jihoon looks at the scene interestingly. Jaehwan, Minhyun and Guanlin are all seated on the styling chairs while Daniel is curled on the couch opposite them and Seongwoo hyung, looking like is in somekind of a crossroad, stands between them, the latter flashing a shi t eating grin at the trio then shoots look of sympathy at his brunet friend. 


Jaehwan is still shooting glares at Daniel who cowers on the couch. 


Seongwoo decides to deal with Jaehwan first who looks really annoyed and pinches his mandu cheeks. Minhyun chortles harder, more amused on how Seongwoo is still alive as the latter plays with the main vocalist's cheeks, rolling them like dough. Because no one has lived to tell the tale of annoying the maniacal Jaehwan and getting away alive or not bruised from it but of course, Ong Seongwoo is a maniac of his own kind. 


To clear out the air of hostility, Seongwoo teases the vocalist some more,."Aigoo, our Jaehwanie is so cute when he spews out murderous words. Right, Minhyunie? Isn't Jaewan cute?"


Minhyun nods his head and gives a thumbs up, "The cutest."


"Even cuter than Seonho-yah?" teases Seongwoo.


Minhyun hides his laugh behind his hand, "Seonho can't compare."


Jaehwan is flustered for a second before he laughs his crazy laugh, his arm reaching out to slap Minhyun's thigh. "Seonho will be so mad!" By then, Jaehwan starts discussing his plan on how he will "casually share"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter