03:

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She bends a little to pull her skirt down attempting to make it look longer even just for a tiny, little bit. She hoped it was possible.

The chocolate brown-haired girl with her saw this and vexed, “Ugh, c’mon, you look amazing!” She links her arm with the first’s and she dragged her inside the bar which the latter forgot the name. The one being dragged opened but nothing came out as she was forced to go further inside just as how she was forced to wear this stupid outfit she’s not really comfortable wearing especially in a place like this. She wears a collarless black off-shoulder top, all buttons closed which Sana, the one dragging her right now, barely spared, it has long sleeves that are loose on their ends. Her top was paired with a very short white skirt that embraces her hips so tight, one of the bunch they bought that day Sana and Momo decided to bring her to a mall and show her the clothes that suits her better than what she normally wears. Both of her best friends believe her figures and visuals can bring all eyes on her, boys to their knees just to be with her. Girls even. She manages to walk properly because the heels of the overall outfit are the ones she can probably pull off. Years of learning ballet wasn’t a waste after all.

“You should’ve get used to it.” They’ve reached another girl with blonde hair who got in first, way earlier than the pair did.

“…”

“All of us saw you wear shorter ones when you performed ballet stuff before, like every. Single. Time.”

“Exactly, they were all performances. And I’ve always had stockings or safety shorts under’em,” the raven-haired girl protests as she tries to pull her damn skirt once more.

“Whatever. How I wish confidence can be what? Donated?” the blondie blurts out. Seriously, with how beautiful their faces are, you can just describe them by their hair colour to tell them apart

“Says the one who can’t grow a pair to talk to her prince charming,” Sana replied a little louder than it should have and air-quotes the last two words.

“Or even get near him,” Momo added in defeat. God, they have names.

“And fyi, I was talking about you, you hoe. Seems to me you stole the boldness that the heavens bestowed upon dear Mina. Should I thank you that you left a little?”

It kinda make sense, Sana was found inside Mina’s crib one time they were both left in one of Plunket branches in Korea, largest provider of free support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under five based in New Zealand, and their moms found it cute. The moms learned that they were both Japanese and just migrated to Korea because of personal reasons. They became close friends and paved a path for the two adorable babies to become the best of friends today.

“You’re welcome,” the tallest of them, regardless the heels, says a little softer this time and she pats Momo’s head which she barely did because Momo swayed her head to the side avoiding the physical contact from this overly confident girl. She loves her anyways but she doesn’t say it. It’s just way too cheesy.

Mina, after listening to her best friends whom she wanted to ditch so hard, joined in to the conversation.

“So, who’s this unfortunate prince charming?” she looks around to look for a guy that she perceives to be the blondie’s type. She knew in a flash that her so-called prince charming HAS to be somewhere here. Momo was never early for something, not to mention AN HOUR early from the agreed time. And she never goes to the same place too many times in a row.

“I’m glad you asked!” she giggles with excitement and she eyed that very man she’s been guarding for about two weeks, since she first went to this place.

“Okay, it’s my cue to leave. I’m drenched with your prince charming talk. Good thing this place is not that bad.” She grabbed Momo’s drink still on her hand and chugged it. “Mina’s destiny lies on your hands, look after her.” Then she’s gone.

Mina averts her gaze towards wherever or whomever Momo’s looking at as if there was an arrow from her eyes directly to whatever it is that caught them.

A man sitting alone on a couch few meters from them. Not too close to suspect them as creeps and not too far to see the view clearly. Momo and her tactics, impressive.

He was sitting with his legs spread as wide, how typical guys seat like they have the whole seat for themselves. His elbows on his knees and an empty glass on his hand, the other holding his forehead. At this point, Mina can’t tell. He grabbed the bottle on the table in front of him straitening his posture

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter