final;

Ardour

It was almost 6AM in the morning, and it was supposed to be a peaceful hour for Hyuk. But just as he thought it was going to be, a cheerful, high-pitched voice started resonating his room. It was Namjoo, his precious girlfriend. She ran to open the curtains and let the light shine throughout the area. She glomped over him and started bouncing up and down his bed, saying good morning repeatedly — and by repeatedly, it probably meant more than 10 times. Hyuk groaned lowly as he stirred. He reached for her arm and pulled her towards him, locking her in his embrace. Namjoo struggled to get off him as she gripped on his shirt and muffled words against his chest. He chuckled sheepishly. "You're so noisy..."

"I told you I need to wake you up early, you sleepyhead!" She responded with a giggle as she was freed. Hyuk sat up his bed, yawning and rubbing his eyes in unison. He turned to her and asked why she was obligated to wake him up all of a sudden. She giggled again, sat up and gave his left arm a hug. "Because it's your birthday, that's why!" She exclaimed.

Hyuk's eyes rolled as he wondered. He's probably forgotten his own birthday again. He laughed and nodded after, ruffling his girlfriend's hair and even apologizing for sounding unexcited. He did forgot again, he admitted. Just like he's forgotten her birthday before, and their monthsary for a couple of times. She took a glance out the window and back to him. With a smile, she gave a peck on his cheek and told him that he didn't have to apologize. She understood that he's been preoccupied lately, she was worried but moreso thoughtful. "I'll be the one reminding you every time you forget!" She giggled. "But today, it's your special day. It's a nice weather outside so we've got to do something." She added, with extra enthusiasm.

He was staring at her as she talked, and the latter wondered why. "Shouldn't there be a morning kiss as a gift too?" He grinned as he asked.




Meanwhile, the dining room was decorated with lots of party knickknacks. When Hyuk came about after his daily morning wash-up, he laughed at how cute it was but questioned why she even bothered to do so. They were decorations for a kids' party, he mentioned. The lass shook her head with a little pout of her lip. "You don't like it?" She asked back. Hyuk abruptly said it wasn't what he meant. In all honesty, he found it adorable. But like his personality, he isn't really used to the concept of a kids' party for a 23-year-old.

"Well, we can fix that." Namjoo spoke in a gratifying tone. The tall guy took a step back and didn't like the sound of her voice. He chuckled nervously and asked what she was up to. She beamed and leaned a bit towards him. "How does makeup on the birthday boy—I mean, man sound like?"

"Stop it, Namjoo." He immediately declined with an eminent laugh after. But she was too persuasive and cute that he can't even argue. He lets her pull him towards a chair, made him sit and was asked not to go anywhere. He scoffed. "Yeah, like I have a place to run off to. You probably locked the door." He said in his sarcastic voice.

Namjoo started doing her own makeup routine on her boyfriend. She started with the primer, she dabbed it on him lightly and gave it a natural blend. She went with the powder, blush and even just a quick dash of the bronzer—no, she wasn't planning on giving him a girl's makeup but she was enjoying playing with him. Now off to the lips, she said and asked him what shade of tint he wanted. He laughed at her and shrugged, giving her a sign that he didn't care what shade since she's in charge anyway. He'd go with whatever she insists. She picked up a faint red shade and asked him to pucker up his lips so she could apply them quick. When she was about to put the tint on, Hyuk grabbed her nape gently and leaned towards her to give a kiss. He immediately pulled back and smiled. "Still a better gift."

Namjoo finished off with a light shade of eyeshadow, thin set of eyeliner, mascara and a quick fix on his brows. Voila! She has succeeded on her mission to give the birthday man a makeover. She giggled at how beautiful it turned out, and Hyuk could just nod at her. "Alright. Are we done now?" He asked. Namjoo grinned and batted her eyelashes at him. The latter gave a worried sigh and asked what she prepared this time.

"I don't know—oh! Is that a flower crown?" She uttered, in the softest of her voice. She strided towards the living room stand and grabbed the flower crown of reds and roses. She ran back to him and placed it on top of his head. "All that's missing is a wig and a dress." She said with a captivating grin across her face. Hyuk fake smiled and told her that if she makes him wear them, she'll pin her on the wall—in his sarcastic tone again. She laughed immediately and apologized to him.

Hyuk came out of the room, all ready and prepared for their date and celebration. He wore almost the same style as his girlfriend did for that couple look everyone is going for. He smiled and asked her how does he look and all Namjoo could say was, "Perfect. In every way."

"Let's go?" The tall guy insisted as he offers his arm to Namjoo. The latter smiled and accepted by grabbing his arm gently, formally asking where he wanted to go. He chuckled and made a quick shake of his head. "Never ask a guy where he wants to go, sunshine. Trust me." They both laughed and made their way out the door, and off to a beautiful date — and a party with their friends tonight, of course.


Happy Birthday, Hyuk!

 


 

A/N: This is probably the quickest I've drafted. Did this for 30 minutes at 11pm of July 4th and I sincerely apologize for any kind of mistakes.
Also hi, I forgot to include the tags in and tick the Hide Chapter box omfg I was wondering for sooo long lol so I am so sorry if this was late :(

Number of Words: 1031 words