unique

Somewhere In Seoul


 Daniel was panting when he arrived at the train station, looking at the clock as he finally found himself in the right place. His train to Gwangju arrives at 5:00pm and the guy feared that he would miss it, since he got kinda lost on the way to the station. Anyway, when he got to the place, it was only 3:33pm and the train was far from getting there. Kang took a deep breath and went for one of the station's benches; he obviously chose the part of the station that was almost empty, since he didn't really like crowds. 

 And that was when he saw him. A boy with shiny black hair and slightly tanned skin that remembered him of Busan, his sunny hometown. Said boy was wearing a blue leather jacket - probably synthetic - and a yellow sweater; Daniel thought that he was absolutely stunning.

 The taller sat right next to the unknown guy and he averted his eyes from his cell phone screen to verify who was sitting beside him. Daniel noticed the plump pink lips turning into a gentle smile, which he quickly responded. But the other's dark orbs went back to pay attention to the bright screen where his thumb wandered through a music app, as if he was looking for the best song for that moment.

 The Busan boy didn't notice that he was staring until the moment that he saw a small smile forming on the other's lips as he finally found what he was looking for. Daniel could hear the muffled sound coming from the guy's earphones, which made him think that the device's volume was too high. 

  This Ain't It, Taeyang. Good choice., he thought as he finally identified the song. He wanted to talk to the other boy, but didn't have the courage to do so. Besides he didn't even know how he would do that. 

  I should talk to him, repeated in his head while he was shooting short glances at the young man beside him.

  "That's a good song", he casually said in a sudden explosion of bravery, calling the other guy's attention. Deep inside, Daniel didn't expect him do hear anything since the music was pretty loud.

  "Excuse me?" the shorter asked, taking off one of his earphones so he could hear the other better.

  "This Ain't It. It's a good song" the guy with light brown hair repeated calmly, pointing at the other's cell phone.

 There was a really quick moment of silence before the unknown showed a bright smile that made his eyes get smaller.

  "That's my favorite song from Rise. By the way, have you heard to the whole album? It's really great" the guy looked hyped and even took off his another earphone, surprising Daniel with his extroverted ways and how easy socializing seemed to be for him, 

  "Yes, I have! But my favorite song from it is actually 1AM." he answered, feeling more comfortable with the conversation. "Perhaps I just feel identified by the lyrics. Maybe that's why I'm leaving this city."

  "Need to forget someone?" the black haired one asked as if he was talking to a long life friend.  

  "I'm sorry, but I don't know your name" Daniel changed the subject with a playful smirk.

  "Ong Seongwoo" he held out his hand in Daniel's direction and the said one quickly took it. He was kind of surprised since Ong wasn't an usual surname.

  "Kang Daniel", introduced himself calmly. "So Seongwoo, my goal is more about remembering than forgetting to be honest. I need to remember myself of who I am."

  "I know how it is to feel like you're losing yourself; sometimes it's difficult to find a anchor" he sighed as if he was speaking out of experience. 

  "What's yours?"

  "Music, I think. It always kept me in tune with my own thoughts and feelings" Seongwoo explains. "Some people say that you are what you eat. For me, you are what you listen."

  "That's a good theory", the younger complimented, making the latter smile shyly. "What about the reason of your trip?"

  "I'm going back home actually. I've came to visit someone."

  "Your girlfriend?" Kang was curious.

  "My sister. I don't have a girlfriend." he laughs.

 Good to know, Daniel thought almost automatically but then questioned himself the reason for him to be thinking such things.

 The boys talked for a while about lots of things, but mostly music. They noticed that music was something really important for the two and both were extremely excited about finally finding someone who understood that importance.

  "What time does your train get here?" Daniel asked. 

  "04:50pm. Yours?"

  "5:00pm."

 Both sighed as they looked to the big clock on the station's; it was exactly 4:45pm. The didn't have much time before having to say goodbye.

  "Wanna listen to something with me?" Seongwoo asked, offering the younger one of his earphones. The latter smiled, mumbling a soft yes.

 When both of them were with one earphone each, Seongwoo played his playlist on random mode. The song that started to play made Daniel's smile get wider.

 Come Over, Dean. That's a great song, he thought, even more satisfied by Ong's musical taste. 

 The clock marked 4:49pm when the song ended, which made Daniel's heart fall since he knew that Seongwoo's train was almost arriving. He almost jumped in surprise when he felt a sudden warmth around his hand; he looked down only to see that Seungwoo was clutching it. That guy was surely something. 

  "It was wonderful to meet you, Daniel. I've never met anybody who understood my love for music so well. And you feel the same way, that's amazing!" he had the prettiest smile on his face, which made the younger smile too. Seongwoo's eyes shone in the most beautiful way; he was so ethereal that Daniel felt the sudden urge to  take a picture of him.

  "I second that. My mother always says that my dependence on music is a illness but actually that's what keeps me healthy" Daniel was sincere, remembering all the times that he would have gone crazy if it wasn't the music to keep him sane.

 Seongwoo was going to say something but was interrupted by a voice announcing that the train to Seoul had just arrived.

  "That's my call", he said with a sigh. 

  "Yeah, looks like", Daniel retorted. 

  "Good luck on finding your anchor", Seongwoo said before picking up his luggage; he walked slowly to the exit and Daniel felt the urge to run after him. He still got time but didn't even know what was stopping him. 

 Kang lost sight of the handsome boy as he got into de crowd, and at that moment he regretted not asking for his phone number or anything like that. 

 Maybe Gwangju wasn't the place for him to find himself anymore. Maybe Ong could be his new goal. 

 Anyway, the only thing that he knew at that moment was that his possible anchor would be somewhere in Seoul.