one...

Lose Yourself

The sunny weather brought a loud crowd disturbing its peace, several voices choiring through a heated debate. The one responsable for the verbal outburst was a fairly new face in the educational compound of the school premises.As expected, the students were almost all eating out of his palms,as opposed to his elder fellows who watched over his every move.

Not quite the favourite teacher,yet not the most loathed.Which, it wasn't that bad for a newbie.

For today's lesson,he opted they took it outside their stuffed classroom; a little misconduct from both parts being very welcomed by the youth.

As they were, legs crossed ,sitting in a circle under the shade of the ancient oak, the students were taking turns debating over the gravity of their foolish acting.

"But, teach..you were the one telling us to come out here. Why must we face potential detention?"one of his students went on whining.

"I can't be sent there, my mom will flip." a girl fidgeted in her place, wringing her fingers frantically.

"Oh, man, I knew it was too good to be true." the class president flew a crumpled piece of paper aside.

One, by one, his students were wailing their distress.But he was still during class,so couldn't give himself out.

"Actually, he didn't tell us anything, much less make us."a girl with short black hair spoke softly.She was fearing her fellow students' lashout, but at the same time wanted to make herself heard.

Baby steps, the teacher thought,watching her.

"What do you mean?" the class president suddenly turned his attention on her.

"It was our eagerness that brought us fleeing out of the room without overthinking the matter."

"Come, on, Nana,it's not like we skipped class.He is with us."a tall boy,clicked his tongue.

"Exactly, he could be facing reprimanding as well."she told him with a bit more courage.

"Woooo, we got ourselves a rebellious teach!"some small group of boys laughed ,high fiving happily.

"I didn't say he did it intentionally."Nana pouted, eyeing downwards.

"No, but it sure feels better than having to withstand that heat inside. I'll take the punishment..."another girl spoke,her long bangs floating in the light breeze.

"At the stake of your classmate's flipping mother?"the teacher asked,bringing most of the kids to laughter and a few to bow their heads in shame. "Since she's a straight A student, I'm guessing it wouldn't go too well with her record."

"Than why did you come up with this ty proposition in the first place?"a stubborn spectacled boy spouted his disaproval."Aren't you supposed to have our best interest?"

Found you, the teacher zoomed in on the kid. In all his years of practise, he always found a pattern among his students. And he loved seeing how they could still surprise him with a bit of difference to the ones he was comparing them to. The ones that brought him where he was now.

"Why did you come?"the teacher fixed his gaze on him."You could've simply refused."

"Hello!!! Isn't this a class?You'd fail me!" he spat.Anger was oozing out of him,but he kept it at bay.

"Did you think of asking permission? If any of you are uncomfortable, you can always voice your distress." he told everyone, looking them straight in the eyes. "I never push my ideas on you. I thought that much was obvious."

"I think Donghae liked the idea. It sounded fun." Nana pitched in.

"He doesn't do fun stuff." the tall boy giggled.

"How do you know, Heechan, it's not like you tried to befriend him." another dark haired boy complained.

"Hey, we live across from each other. I know him more than you guys. And trust me, he doesn't. Because he isn't allowed."

"Shut up,it's not about me!"Donghae punched him in the ribs.

He probably should've stopped them, but things were just starting to become real.The two boys looked like they had issues of their own and were barely just cracking their surfaces.

"Hey, aren't you gonna break the fight?" the boy group shouted in unison.

"Boys handle things differently.What are you, sissies?"the teacher eyed them,warning each to stand by. 

"That's right, Jong, you punched your BFF for way less, just last week." a sturdy boy chuckled. "Don't stop Donghae having a bit of fun of his own..."

"We look like a bunch of outlaws."Heechan pushed himself off the other boy, offering to help him back on his feet.

"Sorry, teach."Donghae spoke on behalf of both, a small smile etched to his lips.

"I'm sorry ,too.I shouldn't have made him the scape goat."Heechan bowed.

"Well, if it isn't raining unicorns...I'm about to puke rainbows,anytime soon."a girl with dark make-up huffed. "While you people got it on with this crazy circus, we got into more deep .I think I'll take teach up on his word and go back.I'm in enough trouble as it is,I don't need another lecture from the parents back home."

"Uhm, Gina, I don't think this is a good idea.As Donghae pointed it out, we're still during a class."Heechan frowned.

"So, how about it,teach?Who's gonna take responsability for this?"

"Who do you think should?"the teacher asked Gina.

"Either way, we're all gonna face some sort of ..talk. Right?"she huffed.

"Everyone is responsable for his own doings and choices.It doesn't mean it has to be dealt in the same way."the teacher told them."If any of you chose to go along with it because it was fun, you were right to do so, because deep down we all want a bit of adventure in our lives once in a while.If, on the contrary, you went because you feared you'd flaunt this course, you weren't in the wrong,either.But, as I see it, there are some of you who had a change of heart during this time.Right, Donghae?"

The spectacled boy beamed with pride.It brought back such fond memories to the teacher, he smiled unwillingly.

"I feel like I just got a tattoo without my folks' aproval."the boy admitted with joy, his eyes sparkling like stars.

"It feels great, doesn't it? Freedom at the cost of something so ...bad?"the teacher winked at him.

"You are actually encouraging  us into believing this might not be such a rule-bending issue?"Gina gawked.

"I didn't say that.I was merely quoting the common believe."the teacher said with a bit of a chip in his voice.

"Sir, aren't tattoos a sign of rebellion? I mean, I never heard of anyone who has them and being a trustworthy person.They're usually ...questionable persons.No one would take them seriously."

"I sense a grown-up speaking pattern."the brown haired man smiled bitterly.

"Yeah, my dad always tells us..."the student admitted with shy in her voice.

"Do you think I'm a reliable person, Nana?" he looked at her,then his other stundents who were all sprawled on the grass."You trust me to be a role model for you guys?"

"Geez, teach...what kind of question is that? You are our Ethics ...advisor."another male student chirped, giggling alongside the audience.

"So, what would you think of me if I told you I got a tattoo? Would I still be a trustworthy person ? Would your parents still trust me with your education?"the man asked them with condescending tone.

The young seemed to dwell a bit on it, many of them dismissing such possibility.Their teacher was anything but the most respectful figure around the compound.Even the others sought his advice and admired his teaching techniques.No way he could be deceiving them...

"Do you?" Nana bit down her lips.She'd been the most prone to face  that reality actually could differ from first impression ,but not in a bad way.Still, accepting wasn't a light matter to her, or the others.

"Would it make any difference? Would you suddenly change your mind about having my back in case I get THE talk from the principal for bending the school rules?"

"I..."she inhaled deeply, obviously torn between.

"You didn't have a problem with teach when he let me fight Donghae, why would it matter if he had a tattoo?"Heechan took a seat beside her.

"A very good point.You see, we act and react to outer events based on certain circumstances. But, at the end of it all, we are only responsable for our own actions, be it good or bad." the teacher stood up. "Unfortunately, if we don't hurry, I'll have to answer not only the principal,but your parents, too, if we don't hurry back." he urged them.

"Who's the scaredy cat, now!?"Gina mocked.

"I was talking about the oncoming rain, kiddo."the man flicked her forehead."You wanna get soaked?"he pushed her elbow.

"A little rain never hurt anyone."Donghae said, considering the prospect,while lifting his glasses up on the pointy nose.

How much can you resemble him until I lose my mind? 

He didn't get to dwell too much on the subject as the first raindrops hit their faces.It was all a hit and run afterwards.

Just as they neared the building,he lent Donghae his coat,him being the only one without one on. He couldn't afford risking anyone's health at that point.

Thankfully,they managed getting back to class before they got busted .The kids' smiling faces were a real treat for the panting teacher, reminding him why he chose to become one in the first place.

Making a difference,weighing the choices and the outcomes...he wanted to show others it was more than what met the eyes.As a person who had faced misjudgement and mistreat over shallow thinking, he made it his goal to aid others think before they act.He wanted to believe there was good in everyone,as long as the right justification presented itself.

He wanted to come to terms with how it had been possible for him to find help when he had lost hope.

He wanted to give as much as he had received with that one leap of faith.

"Teach?" a faint voice aproached him, waking him up from his daydreaming.

For a slight moment he looked at a dark haired boy, spectacles almost covered by a good amount of his bangs once he pushed them up his pointy nose.The warm smile he missed so much was teasing his senses in ways he shouldn't allow in front of his students.

"Teach." the voice,stressed again, tone much harsher this time. "Here, I forgot to return your coat." Donghae looked at him with eyes bulging.

Matter of factly, the boy was eyeing his upperbody, just from the neck down.The man knew exactly the reason for the student's reaction. It was almost like deja-vu.

It had been the same when he was first discovered,  long time before ...