001

Him & Her

This story is written to him. That specific someone, who taught me how to love. The Instead of you & me, it was him & her. 
I still remembered clearly of how we first met. 4 years ago, I was a transfer student. The simple, quiet and not popular girl. I'm not so pretty nor so ugly, just average. Yes. I'm average in everything. On the other hand, he's the school's heartthrob. Looks, brain, manner. He got them all. He was too perfect to be existed as human. And just like other girls in school, I fell in love with him. I was put into the same class as him. It was funny how God played with my faith. It was even more ridiculous for me to be placed in a class filled with geniuses. Well..... It's not that I was not a good student or something. I guess English sure helped in many ways. For the first few months, he didn't noticed me until the first semester season came. Our seats were arranged by name and that meant he and I would be next to each other as we shared almost the same last names, I'm just one alphabet more than him. On the first of the test, we still didn't talked to each other, just smiled. On the second day, he talked to me. He said good morning, asked how was the test and bid me goodbye. With just that I was smiling like a fool the whole evening. On the third day, you waved at me as soon as I entered the examination room. We reviewed the lessons together and even spent break times together. We got closer that day. Same went the next three days. We hung out at the school's café to reviewed for the last exam for the next day. On the last day, something unexpected happened. I just got out of the exam's room after finished my last test. He was there, right in front of me, leaning against the wall. His head shot up to me and smiled. He asked me how was the test and I said it was okay. It was true. I managed to finished the last math problems that I never thought I could. Maybe because he helped explained the similar exercise last night? I still don't know. He chuckled and tucked my hair behind my ear and caressed my head gently with a warm smile on his face. My heart was about to explode, I tried to look calm. He, then, offered to buy me a drink to relax after exam. That day, you were so sweet toward me. You pulled out a chair for me at the café, you bought a drink for me and you looked at me with a loving eyes. You even walked me back home. One part of me thought that you might have like me, but my other half protest that maybe he just acted friendly. A few days later, the result of the exam came in. I was surprised to find my name in the top 10 list. I was so happy that I quickly hugged you as you were standing there next to me, but I pulled back quickly when I realized what I was doing. I looked down shyly and apologized. You said that it was okay and patted my head gently. Our friendship became strong as days went by. In a blink, I realized that we have been best friends for almost two years and a half. We went through a lot together. We knew each other more than anything, but there was one thing that he didn't knew and he never would. Even after almost 3 years, my feeling for him didn't changed a bit. I fell for him even more after I knew the real him. He was not that perfect as people thought he was. He was a mischievous and friendly boy. He had flaws, too. For example, he was very naive, he couldn't cook, he hates dark places and he used to like it when I caressed his head or pinched his cheeks. Yes. He used to like that. I thought that we would last for long. Even not as lovers, but friends was for me. I guess I was wrong. On the last year of high school, a new girl transferred into our class. She was from New York. She had a pair of beautiful puppy eyes, high cheekbones, long silky black hair, a slim petite figure and a beautiful smile. She's perfect. Just like him. I remembered the way he was awestruck by her beauty. I have to admitted that if I was a boy I would fell for her too. She introduced herself as Kayla. From that day on, we became distant. I don't why too. Maybe because ever since Kayla transferred in, he just wouldn't shut up about her every times we hung out. I hated it when he talked about her and when he said her name so lovingly, but I didn't showed it on my face. I just smiled at every word he said. I was happy that I could still hung out with him until the graduation day came. He told me that he was going to confessed to Kayla and asked her to the school's prom. I was at loss of words. I tried hard not to cry. I just said good luck and excused myself. I ran to the school's rooftop and let out all the emotions and pains that I've been holding in for so long. I swore that I would never cry again and I would move on. After that day, I kept ignoring him and avoided him.  He texted me asked me what was wrong, but I blocked his number. I cut myself from all sources of him. I didn't attended the school's prom because I knew that I might ended up in a crying mess again. Months later after graduation, I received a letter from the university I applied to. I got accepted and was offered a full scholarship. I didn't wasted any times and started packing my stuffs before I called my parents and told them about the news. They were so happy and proud of me. I was about to call him next, but I remembered that we didn't talked anymore. Memories of us suddenly rushed back into my head. Tears rolled down my cheeks without realizing. I realized that I missed him so much, I wanted to meet him and talk to him again, but we were nothing anymore. Again, I broke down just thinking of him. I wondered how was his life with her. I wondered that if he still think of me. Surely not. After hours of crying, I wiped away my tears and looked at myself in the mirror. I put a smile on my face and told myself that I will meet someone better. I believed that I will meet someone who would love me with all their hearts. And that I would forget you as time went by, which I did. Like last week, when I saw him at the bakery shop, I didn't felt like I have to run away anymore. I also learnt that he and Kayla are doing great up till now. I hate him, but I want to thank him too. Thank you for taught me how to love, taught me to feel the pain and taught me to be able to stand by myself. Thank you, Pxxx.