Sick

The College Chronicles

There are only two types of Kyungsoo when he's sick.

"Jongin!"

The pitiful whine barely stirs the muggy air in the room and the bundle of blankets that had emitted the noise snuffles dissapointedly. It would have been heartbreaking if there had been anyone around to hear. 

"Jongiiiiinnn!" The bundle tries again, holding the last syllable out in hopes of eliciting some response this time. The only result is increased humidity and a rather acrid smell of fevered breath infiltrarting the cuckoon of thick comforter. Unkept black hair and a rather sour face emerge from a mishapen edge of the bundle and inhales a large gulp of air.

"JONGI-"

"SHUT THE UP! He's going, you freaking br-ugh."

The rude interception is cut off abruptly and Kyungsoo tries to school his smug expression into a more pathetic one as a broad back -finally- pushes the door open. It must be the fever, but Kyungsoo swears he tears up a bit at the sight of his boyfriend's glasses fogging up as steam rises from the hot soup on the tray he's holding.

"Hey, sweetie. How're you feeling?"

Kyungsoo preens internally at the pet name. The taller man isn't usually one for endearments and Kyungsoo's feeling particularly pampered now at the appearance of such a cheesy one. 

"I woke up and you were gone" he pouts out instead of answering. Jongin settles the tray on Kyungsoo's night stand and sits on the corner of the mattress. He reaches out to Kyungsoo and the older man immediatly wriggles in his blanket cuccon until he can comfortably nuzzle his face into the brunettes lap. Long fingers thread through his hair almost immediately and Kyungsoo feels his throat close up a bit again. It's the fever making him emotional, he tells himself.

"I'm sorry, honey" Kyungsoo fights a pleased grin "but I thought you should eat something when you woke up. I went to Whole Foods to get you some chicken soup."

"You left? You left me while I was sleeping?"

"It's a ten minute drive, Soo, and you were sleeping so soundly. Besides, Sehun was here the entire time."

The older man's only response is to press his face into Jongin's plush thigh. 

"Sehun's mean to me" the muffled reply is barely audible. Jongin suppresses the shiver that runs up his sipne at the sensation of his boyfriends lips moving against his clothed thigh. "He told me to shut up."

"I know, baby, but i took care of him. Do you think you could sit up and eat some soup for me?"

Kyungsoo doesn't answer for a moment, breaths gone heavy from having his nose squashed and mouth blocked. He finally shifts just enough that a dewy brown eye can glance up at Jongin. The younger swallows heavily. 

"Will you feed it to me?" he asks, voice soft and sweet with anticiption. Jongin swoons. 

"Anything for you, baby."

****

"I said don't ing touch me! Jesus Chirst, Jongin, are you deaf or just stupid?!"

Jongin stares in shock at the furious boy.  He withdraws the hand that had tried to close around Kyungsoos elbow and proceeds in a level a tone. 

"Kyungsoo. I know you're not feeling well but it's been a week now, and your fever went down two days ago. You've been playing the sick card all week-"

"I'm not faking it! I don't feel good!" Kyungsoo stomps his foot and then hates himself for it. His eyes are starting to prickle with frustration and his throat is still feeling swollen. 

"I'm not saying you're faking, but you can't keep lazing around the apartment. Everyone needs to clean up their own messes, that was your rule."

kyungsoo feels himself starting to cry, tears picking up traction at the dissappointed look on his boyfriends face. 

"Why can't you just help me? I'm sick and you're making me feel like a jerk about it."

"Kyungsoo, I've been pampering you for a week! I've been cleaning up after you, and taking care of you, and getting all your work from your teachers. I've defended you from Sehun and Baekhyun, I've gone out of my way all week to make sure everyone stays quite so prince kyungsoo can sleep cause he doesn't ing feel well."

Kyungsoo stomps his foot again and then one more time just because he can. His face is red now and his nose is stuffed and his throats still hurts and Jongin looks so exasperated as he just attacks him for no reason. 

"You're a jerk. I hate you!" Kyungsoo doesn't mean the words, regrets them before he even finishes talking. But he turns around and runs to his room anyway making sure to slam the door so Jongin can hear. The younger man is left in the living room to stare at the mess of tissues, pillows and blankets that had started the argument in the first place. A burst of adrenaline has him grabbing a cushion and throwing it bodily across the room. It brushes heavily against a coffee table and sends three picture frames tumbling. 

"Are you kidding me?!"

 

*****

Kyungsoo holds his pillow to his chest and toes the floor reluctantly. He eyes the door in front of him, straining to listen for any movement from inside. 

He'd hidden in his room for almost an hour waiting for Jongin to come apologize. He must have fallen asleep at one point only to wake up to the sulky realization that Jongin had never come. After rolling around rather petulantly for a while he'd finally come to the reluctant conclusion that Jongin was probably the one deserving of an apology. 

So here he is, with his tail between his legs and his pride left tangled back in his own sheets, waiting outside of his boyfriends seldom used bedroom and trying to gather the courage to knock. Maybe Jongin's fallen alseep, he thinks hopefully. The younger boy had winter conditioning earlier that morning with the baseball team and was probably exhausted. Kyungsoo bites his lip guiltily and reaches to turn the nob slowly, pushing the door just enough to create space for his head to peek through. Sure enough, Jongin's lax face is illuminated by the screen of his computer, eyes closed and thick lips barely parted. 

The older boy slips though the door and closes it soundessly behind him. He lightly chucks his pillow up the bed and follows scuffling on his knees, careful not to pull at the blanket too much as he lifts the laptop off jongins lap and to the other side of the bed. Jongin barely stirs when Kyungsoo lays beside him, head settling delicatley on the taller mans chest. His skin is warm against Kyungsoo's cheek and the older boy sighs, hand drifting over his boyfriends bare stomach and enjoying the smooth skin. Baseball has been out of season for a few months now and even with the constant conditioning and his personal workout regime, the younger man has softened in his arms and stomach. Kyungsoo doesn't mind, he loves when he can grab a handful of Jongin's side and twist, the younger squeeling and blushing, maybe giving the  shorter a squeeze of his own. 

A large hand slides up his back and around his waist but Kyungsoo lets his eyes stay closed, lashes fluttering against skin. They stay like that until Kyungsoo starts to wonder if the younger is really awake or if the arm around his waist was just a tired reflex.

"Jongin?"

The younger hums in response. Dammit, no more stalling. 

"Im... sorry about earlier. And this past week, i know i've been kind of needy. I don't want you to feel like i've been taking advantage of you while i've been sick. I don't think you're a jerk and i don't hate you. And thanks for cleaning up my mess even after i was a total brat about it." He glances up to catch the younger watching him quietly, gaze unbearabily soft. 

"It's okay, Soo. How're you feeling now?"

"It's not okay," syas Kyungsoo with a sour look, "and i'm feeling a little bit better. But..." he looks up at Jongin with dewy eyes and wet lashes, left cheek flushed from being pressed into his skin. Here we go, thinks Jongin. "I'd feel a lot better if you took a bubble bath with me."

*****

The next morning Jongin emerges into the kicthen from his own bedroom to the surprised look on Baekhyun's face. Sehun must have already left for classes.  

"Ho ho, what's this? You never sleep in your own room; trouble in paradise or another fevered rampage?"

"Rampage," says Jongin with a nod as he rifles the fridge for orange juice. Kyungsoo will probably want some toast too. 

"But he's in there now. Apologized last night and fell asleep in there after a bath."

"He apologized?" Baekhyun whistles and Jongin raises his brows in agreement. "Looks like his cold's running on it's last lap."

"ing hope so," Jongin yelps a little as he burns his finger trying to pull the toats out his his hands. He takes a knife out to reach into the toaster oven.

"I don't know how you do it," says Baekhyun as he starts clearing his own breakfast, "from Satan Soo to Captain Cuddles in the blink of an eye. You're a good man, Charlie Brown."

Jongin nudges his older friend with his forearm on his way out of the kitchen, toast in one hand and juice in the other. Kyungsoo is already rustling awake when he pushes into the room, the older man bliniing around drearily probably confused at waking in Jongin's room and not his own. 

"How you feeling, baby?"

Kyungsoo glances shyly at Jongin. 

"A lot better. You didn't have to get my breakfast. I should be getting you breakfast for putting up with me being a brat this past week."

"Nah," says Jongin with a kiss to the elders forehead, "I like Bratty Soo. Makes me feel like the mature one for once."

Kyungsoo smiles as he takes a bite of the toast, cream cheese to jam ratio just right. 

"You're the best, Jonginnie."

"Oh trust me, I know. Just remember the next time i'm sick, you better pamper the out of me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

so ta-dah the first chapter! hope it was cute and fun. Also, these are going to be stories about college. There's going to be cursing and . Not sure if i should mark the entire story M or just certain chapters. will decide based on feedback?