Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed

Gray clouds were already creeping up and swallowing the last ray of sunlight as they make way for the upcoming rainy season. Suddenly light rain showers started to drizzle making a pitter patter sound against the glass window of the Photography Club room. Albeit letting go of the warm season, the shift of atmosphere war not unwelcome. In fact, it helped the clubroom felt a little more comfortable and cozier. Well, aside from the fact that the room was in a little messy state.

   “Ah, this photo takes me back,” Jungkook claimed as he thumbed a year-old photo. It was taken during one of the club’s camping trip. This one’s in Daegu. Jungkook remembered because Taehyung looked so excited when the group decided the camping site.

  “I’m so excited for this trip, Jungkookie! Grandma will be so happy to hear this,” Taehyung chattered away excitedly and Jungkook couldn’t help but smiled fondly at the other. He was just so beautiful like this, talking about his grandmother and their strawberry farm. How his cousins would probably like Jungkook more when they meet him because he’ll be able to piggyback them. Jungkook couldn’t help it. He’s just so undeniably in love. “You should meet Grandma, Jungkookie. She kept on nagging me how I’m so selfish. “Hogging your boyfriend to yourself. I’m starting to believe you’re only making him up, Taehyungie.” Wow. How rude was she?”

   Jungkook laughed at that. He imagined meeting Taehyung’s family must be fun and nerve-wracking at the same time because for all he knew, and he knows, Taehyung’s family must be so protective of him. And well, Jungkook could not blame them. He, too would fight anyone who will make the other cry.

   “Well, I’m glad I’m not just a make-believe boyfriend, then? It would be nice to meet her Tae. I can’t wait, too.”

   The smile Taehyung beamed towards him made his heart melt all over again and yep, he’ll fight anyone alright. If it means to preserve such precious smile.

 

  “Kook, I called you here because I need your help to arrange the photos. Not mess them up completely,” Taehyung huffed, two boxes labeled SCHOOL MAGAZINES and SPORSTS FESTIVAL tucked around his arms completely.

   Jungkook immediately stood up and helped when the other started to wobble as he placed the boxes on the corner of the room. He looked around again and he’s just curious why Taehyung insisted on rearranging the whole clubroom when they could just laze around and spend the last day of summer break playing video games or do literally nothing.

   “They were a mess when I found them. And look,” Jungkook strutted towards the pile of photos again and grabbed the one he was looking at earlier, “remember this one?” He could feel Taehyung smiled behind him as he looked at the picture, too. Tucking in his chin on Jungkook’s shoulder, he plucked the photo and stared at it fondly.

    Of course, he remembered. Aside from the fact that they decided to go to Taehyung’s hometown for the weekend and Jungkook meeting his family, it was their sort of a farewell trip for Seokjin. He was already graduating at that time, being the eldest in the club.

     “Why would I ever forget about that?” Taehyung looked at Jungkook, smile bright but there’s a subtle of gentleness in his eyes and Jungkook was not complaining. He loved every smile Taehyung rewarded to him. “Well anyways, as much as I love to sit around just looking at every photo as we walk along the memory lane, I really need your help in cleaning up Kook.”

   “I don’t mind really but why are we doing this though?” albeit asking, Jungkook started picking up the scattered photos and magazines on the floor and stacked them up in a pile before depositing inside the box.

   Taehyung stopped before answering the other’s question. He seemed to be in a deep thought but a moment later he just chuckled, “I guess I just need to change the mood a little bit?” Jungkook gave him an inquiring look so he pressed on,” Well, I’ve just finish my commission from the gymnastics club and I’m done taking pictures of people in general. They were brilliant and all but I guess I just prefer taking pictures of inanimate objects; places, nature. You know, the clichés.” He chuckled. “It feels more comfortable.”

   Jungkook nodded knowingly. It was true. Although he preferred taking pictures of people, he understood Taehyung’s feelings, too. Taking photographs of still objects was quite a challenge for Jungkook since it required skills and talent to bring out life, meaning, soul in them and he knew he’s sometimes a little constipated when it comes to feelings. But looking at Taehyung now, humming happily across him, pastel green sweater two times bigger than his frame, hair sticking in odd angles from being tousled and round glasses perched on top of his nose, Jungkook was confident the other could pull such thing, miracle miraculously. After all, he brought out Jungkook’s inner feels when they first met and that was no easy feat. Especially for someone like him who has an emotional capacity of a rock. Taehyung breathes life.

    Jungkook could hear Yoongi-hyung’s distant snicker because he’s the one claiming Jungkook to be.

  “So,” Jungkook started,” does that mean you’re not taking photos of the members anymore?” Of me?

      The other stopped cleaning altogether and instead patting the floor next to him for Jungkook to sit. He obliged quickly.  The look Taehyung gave him flustered him for a moment. Even after all this time, he still felt those butterflies fluttering inside his chest whenever the other watched him with eyes so big and open that Jungkook could drown in them. “W-what?”

  Taehyung chuckled. “You really like me taking pictures of you? I never thought I’d see the day. Jeon Jungkook, known for being camera-shy would use his doe eyes to beg me to take photos of him.”

   He could feel his ears turn scarlet as he shoved a laughing Taehyung away. “It’s not like that, you know,” he spluttered but deep inside Jungkook was definitely not complaining if the other’s the one capturing his moments, freeze them and preserved them for Taehyung to keep. When Jungkook gazed at Taehyung again, the other was making a rectangular-shaped gesture with his thumbs and forefingers, placing them right in front of his eyes like a makeshift camera. “What are you doing?”

    “Taking a picture of you.”

   “But you said you’re done taking pictures of people, though?”

  Taehyung hummed, mirth filling his eyes as that familiar boxy smile came into view. Jungkook’s heart made a somersault inside his ribs. “You’re a rabbit, though?” Taehyung laughed out loud as the other huffed, still looking beet red.

   “If you wanna take a photo, why not use a proper camera? Make this a goodbye photo before you completely leave this area and capture still moments for inanimate objects,” Jungkook rolled his eyes because sometimes Taehyung can be rude but still annoyingly cute ate the same time.

The older shook his head at this. “Nah, I’m fine with this.”

  Because rather than pressing on the shutter, rather than looking through the viewfinder or than on photo paper or film it burns into…

 “Isn’t it enough that I’m looking at you with these eyes?”

    And Jungkook, he could not help himself but agree a thousand times because even if you can still moments in photographs. Hang them and reminisce about them in passing years, there’s nothing topping the one right at the present, the real moment and the exhilarating feelings along with it.

  “Yeah, you’re right. It’s more than enough,” Jungkook murmured and he didn’t know how both of them got so close right now, noses almost bumping as they gazed at each other momentarily, savoring the feeling and engraving the moment in their heads like a polaroid photo, but he didn’t care.

He made the bold attempt to close their gap and he marveled at the feeling of Taehyung melting as he let go a shuddered breath. Their kisses were always like the first and this one’s definitely no different. Jungkook thought of pastel colored sweaters and fluffy brown hair and a boxy smiled boy and he wished he could capture this moment and tucked it into the pockets of his jeans.

 But when Taehyung smiled against his lips, laughing a little with rosy cheeks, Jungkook thought otherwise. Nope, living at the moment was still the best version. No amount of shutters and filters could rival that.


one year ago    

 

 Kookie to TaeTae<3

Kookie:

hey hyung

?

TaeTae:

hey kook

whats up?

Kookie:

let's play a gmae

*game

TaeTae:

oooh wat game?

Kookie:

lets see whose a btter photographer between us 

TaeTae:

wow jungkookie, r u challenging me?

Kookie:

y?

u afraid? 

>:D

TaeTae:

no (>.<)

bring it on!

wat f i win? 

( i know i will :P)

Kookie:

....

ill buy you dinner

TaeTae:

hmmm

not bad

Kookie:

but if i win

TaeTae:

yes?

..

kook?

jungkookie?

Kookie:

after the game XD

TaeTae:

wow 

so roood >.>

okay 

you start

give me with your best shots kook

no pun intended LMAO

Kookie:

-_-"

okay

 

TaeTae:

O_O

wer did u get that?!

sajnuodzwdwdj!!!!

Kookie:

What? i was the one who took this photo 

remember?

and u look amazing here

i mean

yeah

your turn

TaeTae:

ahhhh so that's how u play this game huh

wait

FETUS KOOKIE 

\(^O^)/

Kookie:

DWJKNWDQ!!!

hyuuuuuung

no faiiirrr

that's not the rules!

TaeTae:

i didnt know we have one

but i know i was the better photographer

look! i mange to take a phot of your fetus days

*photo

ahh so cute~

Kookie:

you...

you think im cute?

TaeTae:

well yeah

Kookie:

...

well how bout this

TaeTae:

hey!

well its cute

def not complaining 

:D

Kookie:

you are

TaeTae:

wat?

Kookie:

i mean

ur turn

TaeTae:

ah

here

ur so kyuut i could squish ur cheeks >///<

Kookie:

!!!!

oh well

look here 

ur so cute i wanna pinch your nose

TaeTae:

well ur so damn adorkable

even with ur meme face

Kookie:

wow hyung 

that's cheating

TaeTae:

:P

whatever kook

u gonna loose?

give up yet

im better right?

right?

RIIIIGHT??

 

Kookie:

...

okay

you win

congrats hyung!

you won the game

TaeTae:

ha! i know i will

now remember ur promise kookie!

dinner's on you

Kookie:

sure

soooo

TaeTae:

so what?

Kookie:

about that dinner?

TaeTae:

yes? 

Kookie:

tonight at 8?

ill pick you up?

TaeTae:

oh sounds good!

okay 8 it is then

see you tonyt kook

Kookie:

See you hyung

 

      

     Later that night, as the both of them make their way to the restaurant, Taehyung asked what will Jungkook's prize if he won the game. 

      "Well, I already got my prize," Jungkook answered, smirking at an oblivious Taehyung. 

     "What do you mean Kook? Hey! Wait up." 

       Jungkook laughed inwardly, congratulating himself for a job well done. 

        

      If I win, let's have date. <3