How Would You Feel (Paean)

Divide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jinwoo&Minzy (I don’t know what their ship is called. Or does anyone ship them?)
Setting: August 6, 2038, Imjado, Sinan-gun, South Jeolla, South Korea
Prompt: “We got questions we should not ask.” – Ed Sheeran, How Would You Feel (Paean)
Word Count: 2638
Warning: angst, angst and a lot more of angst
Summary: “I didn’t marry the woman of my dreams, but I tied the knot with my true love, and that was the best thing that I ever did in my life.”

 

Kim Jinwoo was smiling from time to time, nodding to some people in their neighbourhood who was now up and awake at six o’clock in the morning. He just went to the bakery to buy some breads for his breakfast. He dismounted his bike when he arrived at his house. A simple two-storey bungalow house. He opened the gate and parked his bike on the garage, beside his old SM II LE. He entered the passkey to his house and frowned when he heard the odd sound coming from the living room. He hurriedly changed his shoes for his house slippers and run to the living room. His usually clean living room was messy, the TV was blaring on, playing the morning replay of last night’s news. He scowled and started picking up the scattered plastic wrappers of junk foods (which he never remembered he bought), peeled skins of oranges and apples, and then he noticed a rather big pink luggage situated beside the long couch. Pink. Now that looked familiar.

 

“Appa!” Jinwoo heard a raspy feminine voice and stood up in his full height just in time because the owner of the voice tackled him with a hug. “Appa! I miss you so much.” He heard her said and Jinwoo felt the inside corner of his eyes sting. He wrapped his arms around the girl and realized how much she had grown. His beautiful baby was now a grown-up.

 

“Appa misses you too so much, Min,” he replied and affectionately patted her head, as he felt her shoulders shook, evident that she was crying. “Min, stop crying,” he added and gently pushed her away, cupping her cheeks and wiping her tears. He smiled and gently poked her cheeks. “Happy 19th birthday, baby,” he stated and felt his eyes started to water.

 

“I miss you so, so, so much, Appa,” she said and smiled amidst her tears. Jinwoo also smiled and wiped his eyes, he didn’t want to cry, but it turned to a frown when he realized something.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked and his daughter’s smile also faded. She sighed and removed her father’s hand from her face. She sat on the long couch and avoided his father’s gaze.

 

“Kim Minah, I asked you a question. Why are you here?” he sternly asked. Minah finally met his father’s gaze, deer-like eyes clashing, long silence ensued between the two.

 

“I hate Paris. I hated being there, while you’re here. I want to be here in Korea. With you. I want to be here with you, Appa. And my friends knew it, too so they gave me a plane ticket to Korea as a gift for my 18th birthday,” she at last answered, looking up, fighting her tears. “Please let me stay here with you.”

 

“Min,” Jinwoo softly called and sat beside her. He held her hands and grasped her chin to make her look at her. “You’re studying in Paris, remember? So stay there. Until you finish your studies. You always wanted to be a fashion designer, and your mom and I wanted to support you, that’s why we let you go to Paris, to reach your dream,” he explained to his daughter.

 

“You could come with me. In Paris, we could live there, Appa. You and me. I hate being alone there,” she answered and her tears stubbornly escaped her eyes which she quickly wiped.

 

“But baby, you’re not alone, you’re with your mom there, remember?”

 

“Exactly. I don’t want to be there with her. I wanted to be with you, Appa, not her!” Minah shouted making Jinwoo’s deer-like eyes to widen.

 

“Kim Minah!” Jinwoo also shouted, reprimanding in his voice.

 

“What?! It’s the truth! I don’t want to be with her!” she yelled back and shook her head. “She took me away from you, appa. I never got to see you for six years. She never let me go back here, even just to visit you. How could she do that to us?!” She took a deep breathe but it obviously didn’t calm her down at all.

 

“I’m a scapegoat, appa! She just want to stay away from Korea and she used me as an excuse to never come back here! Just like how she also used you as a scapegoat to save her from her failing career!”

 

“Min!” her father called but she shook her head, standing up and avoiding his father who looked shock at what she was saying. Well, she’s been holding this up for so long. Six damn long years to be exact.

 

“Does she even loved you, appa? No. She never loved you. Or us. Or anyone. She only love herself. Gong Minji is such a selfish bxtch!”

 

“Min, listen to me,” Jinwoo said and also stood up, approaching her enraged daughter and held her by her shoulders. “Minji loves us. She loves you. That’s why she went to Paris with you. I also wanted to go there with you but I couldn’t just left Winner behind that’s why I stay here in Korea,” he explained but Minah just shook her head.

 

“Don’t defend her appa. She doesn’t deserved that. She doesn’t deserve you. She never deserve you, appa,” Minah stubbornly said, anger laced her voice, though she was now a little calmer, Jinwoo still knew that any moment Kim Minah would burst again, exactly like her mother. “I read all those old articles. No matter how YG tried to hide those articles, it will never fade. She left 2ne1. Then her solo debut failed. And so she tried to be associated with you, appa. And then what? She got pregnant! And then?! You married her! She used you and me as a reason for her to leave the music industry without shaming herself!” Jinwoo opened his mouth but closed it immediately, realizing that she should let his daughter vent out all her anger, or else something worse might happened, just like what happened to his wife years ago.

 

“Then she suddenly agreed on me wanting to go to Paris?! That’s so fishy, isn’t it? I was twelve, and I just said that it would be nice to study fashion designing in Paris. Then she suddenly bought us tickets to Paris. Two tickets, for fxxk’s sake! Why, two?! Why only us?! All I want was for our family to be always together, Appa. We could have stay here in Korea with you. So why did she pushed her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter