Chapter 5

300 Years

Jessica glanced sideways and saw Yuri looking without interest at whatever their teacher is teaching up front. His face expression says it all. She huffed and elbowed him right on the gut earning a look from him. 

 

“What?”

 

“Just because you live longer than me, that doesn’t mean you can show off Yul.”

 

Yuri lips tugged into a teasing smile as he leans slightly towards her. He pointed at her book.

 

“I still have the notes from waaaaaaay back. Do you want to copy?”

 

“I like you better when I still assume you’re gay. .” She gave her a look and stomped on his foot. She purposely does so since she knew it will not hurt him. Yuri broke into a fit and it earned their teacher’s attention. He completely turned around and eyed on the couple at the back seat. Jessica slowly lifted her book trying to hide herself and let Yuri get burn. 

 

“Traitor.” Yuri whispered loud enough for the girl to hear. She giggled silently. 

 

“Mr. Kwon. Maybe you could tell us what the story behind the old inscription on screen was?”

 

Yuri slowly stood up as he marched forward but manage to give Jessica a look. The girl was enjoying herself. Hyomin tap Jessica’s shoulder from behind and leans forward.

 

“Are you two together?”

 

“We’re always together. What do you mean?” Jessica answered without even turning around. Hyomin leans even forward that Jessica afraid she might fall down on the floor soon. 

 

“Eih, Nickhun swore he saw him kissing you earlier. Everyone is talking about Kwon Yuri aka the school gay kissing you with tongue. Tongue Jung.” Hyomin emphasize the word tongue so that Jessica knows she meant business. No small stalks. 

 

“Ms. Park, I can literally see your bottom from here. Unless you want to join Mr. Kwon up front, I suggest you stop bothering your friend. It goes to you too Ms. Jung.”

 

Hyomin instantly back on her seat. Jessica sighed in relief but slightly glanced at her friend. 

 

“Later. I’ll tell you later.”

 

Hyomin lifted up her pinky finger. Jessica rolled her eyes and with speed entangled with her own before focusing on the class where Yuri is currently grinning at her from front. Yuri saw the old language on the inscription. He almost frowned as he read what was on it. He didn’t notice when he came up front. Jessica saw his body slightly tense; perch of knowing him for years. She frowned when he paused for a moment. 

 

“That inscription was written in a very old language. It’s Ancient Greek. Probably around the 6th Century BC. Its…” Yuri didn’t want to continue. It’s not time yet for Jessica to know. Mr. Kim gave him a look.

 

“Continue Mr. Kwon. What was written on it? I assume you know since you rather play around than focusing on class.”

 

“I have no idea sir.” That is not true. He knew what was written on it. Jessica senses he knew but prefers not to say it and it is making her curious. He can’t be kidding for saying he didn’t know. He’s living for so long already. 

 

“When two worlds meet; where their heart bonded with the purest love, earth will fail and heaven will be shaken. Every 300 years two souls will find comfort over one another; a human that find comfort over the cold skin and a blood er born from a human mother. A forbidden love; one that was never meant to be. The unknown is damned.” Everyone eyes were at the student sitting at the far corner by himself. 

 

“You must be the new guy. Your name?” Mr. Kim called on the guy. 

 

“Son SeungWan, sir.”

 

“So you can read ancient Greek Mr. Son?” Yuri can’t tear his eyes away from the new guy. There are not a lot of people who can read ancient Greek. Young people don’t care about these stuffs. SeungWan slightly smile. 

 

“I don’t actually. I stumble upon the translation before in my old school.” Mr. Kim is seen nodding his head fully understand what Seungwan meant. He then shot his eyes back at Yuri.

 

“Maybe next time Mr. Kwon, please pay attention to my class. I know you’re smart but it seems you still need to learn more. Back to your seat.”

 

Yuri didn’t say a word as he made his way back to his seat next to Jessica. His eyes lingered towards the new guy. She noticed his unusual behavior but rather confronting him now, maybe talking to him during break will do. But being an understanding girlfriend, she nudged him slightly below his chest earning his full attention.

 

“Even an old guy like you can make mistakes Yul. Let it go.” Yuri forced his signature creepy smile that Jessica finds amusing while the rest of the class finds it hilarious.

 

“Yeah. I guess I need to study more.”

 

“That is your human part imperfections.”

 

The two laughed at each other remarks totally ignoring a pair of eyes looking at them. Seungwan didn’t smile and he knew Yuri was trying to get into his head since he answered the question for him. He closes his eyes for moment and let Yuri invading his mind to see what’s inside. But being a part of the heaven’s, Seungwan can create a distraction and let Yuri see what he pick for him to see; the perks of a fallen angel. 

 

‘Time is ticking cold blood.’

 

…..

 

“It’s me who suppose to be pouting and cute. Not you Yul.” Jessica said gently reminding her one day boyfriend, when he reluctantly accepting his fate; they don’t have the same class after breaks. It was bad already for him to be separated from her when they weren’t dating and now she’s his to claim, it became even harder to be away. For sake, he’s not even a wolf to be imprinting and becoming life attach. Maybe Tiffany is right, the separation for 300 years probably turning him weak. 

 

“I seriously considering barging into the administration office and ask them..no force them to rearrange my schedule to be in sync with yours.”

 

Jessica raised both her eyebrows as Yuri said that with determination while munching his 3rd burger for the day. She always wondered before how can a normal person are eating 3 large burgers and still can stuffed his tummy with dinner and supper. Now everything made sense. Yuri stopped eating his food when he felt her staring at him. He unconsciously grins.

 

“Let me guess, you’re jealous of this burger that is hogging my attention right now, right? If you want me, you should just tell me baby.”

 

“Oh god. What a prick.” Jessica mumbled loud enough and purposely sighing loudly. She pushed his face away from her and stuffed more fries inside his open mouth. Yuri gladly ate it and back into munching his burger. 

 

“Hi.” Both Jessica and Yuri turn their heads towards the owner of the voice who stood next to their table. Jessica is smiling but Yuri is frowning. He stop eating his food as his attention is fully on the guy. 

 

“Hi. You’re Seungwan.”

 

“Yeah. The new guy.” Seungwan introducing himself to Jessica with a small smile plastered on his face. He’s holding his tray of food and without much thinking, Jessica pull a the empty chair next to her.

 

“You can sit here. Yul and I don’t mind.” Yuri gritted his teeth but said nothing obviously not letting Jessica sense his agitation over Seungwan. Seungwan shook his head and jerked his chin towards an empty table for from them.

 

“It’s okay. I prefer the silence when eating. I just felt like introducing myself to my classmates. See you again Jessica. You too, Yuri.”

 

“It’s Kwon to you.” Yuri stern voice was obvious but Seungwan pay no attention towards it as he made his way towards his chosen designated table. Yuri eyes were burning in anger as his eyes trailing following the new guy. There’s something about him and despite reading his mind earlier, he wasn’t convinced with what he just saw. There’s something that doesn’t click. Son Seungwan is hiding something and he is more than determine to know what it is.

 

….

 

“Yul, can I ask you something?” 

 

“Sure.” Yuri hummed his answer as he keep his eyes on the road. School was as usual boring so he was looking forward to spent time with Jessica away from school.

 

“You seems to know the new guy, Seungwan. I mean you were looking at him very intensely.” Jessica shrugging her shoulders as she’s mimicking the way Yuri was looking at Seungwan earlier. The tan guy saw it through his peripheral view. His contemplating if telling her the truth is the right thing to do. 

 

‘She’s not ready.’

 

“I did? I didn’t notice. I never knew him before.” He answered with calm. Jessica didn’t look away as she try to spot any differences in his face expression. 

 

“You’re not lying right? You know how much I hate it when you lie.”

 

A subtle  blackmailing means no harm. She just worried over him and she’s been worrying over him since the first day they became friends. Yuri turn his head towards her and flash his familiar smile. He lightly her hair.

 

“I know Sica and I’m not lying.” She can’t do anything but trusting his words as he focus back on the road. She knows that he tends to hide things from her and forcing him to open up is hard. She can force it out of him but knowing Yuri, Jessica knows that the wait will be worth it.

 

“Where are we going anyway?”

 

She broke the 10 minutes silence between them as she noticed that he’s driving away from her house. 

 

“You’ll see.”

 

Jessica crossed her arms as she eyed him. He has his devilish smile on his face. 

 

“I’ll kick you if you try to do anything.” Yuri burst out laughing when Jessica try to threaten him. She pouts and slapped him hard on the shoulder. 

 

“Why would I do that if you’re more than willing to? I mean you were trying to get me to get into your pants the other night.” Yuri was laughing even harder as Jessica face turns red. The memory of the other night resurface and she can’t help but feeling shy thinking the way she was willingly to let him take her all. Instantly, she slapped him hard on the shoulder as he keeps on laughing. 

 

“Ei, stop laughing.” Her voice suddenly becoming shallow and she feels like her body shrinking inside the car. She’s definitely cursing Yuri in her mind. Yuri raised his right hand indicating he’s done laughing at her and he’s going to shut up now. He held her hand and kiss her inside palm before letting it rest on his lap. 

 

“I can’t believe you said yes to me. Aren’t you afraid that I might hurt you Sica?”

 

When he said hurt, he didn’t meant about feelings. She knows what he meant as she lightly squeeze his hand that is wrap around hers. 

 

“If you want to hurt me, you would have done it way before. I trust you won’t.”

 

Yuri brought their intertwine hands towards his lips again as telling her that he appreciated her words. She smile at his action. 

 

“But we could have been together if you have told me sooner.”

 

Yuri turned to look at her with his left brow raised. 

 

“You’re not the only one waiting Yul. I mean I didn’t wait for hundred of years but the first time I saw you, I was already attracted. I just wasn’t brave enough to tell you how much I like you.”

 

Yuri replied her answer with a smile. Everything he told her the other night was not even half of the truth. Yes he was waiting for his true love but Jessica knows nothing about the prophecy and their destiny. She didn’t even know that 300 years ago, he was fighting for her and failed. The clock is ticking and he’s losing more time. But as he learnt from his previous fight, telling the truth didn’t save her from the immortal descended. This time, he will hide everything for the sake of her life. It will be hard but he will do everything to keep her alive until the final night. Yuri came back to his senses when Jessica called his name. That worried look on her face is back but he quickly reassured her with another warm smile.

 

“You’re so beautiful that I can’t seem to get enough with.”

 

“Stop spacing out Kwon and focus on the road. I’m still a human and I don’t want to die young.” Well, she wasn’t kidding about dying young. 

 

.....

 

Maybe he is crazy when he said that he brought her here for her to understand him even more; well the other side of him. Jessica happy smile was replaced with a curious expression as her eyes wandered around. They were actually on the edge of a thick forest just outside the city. She wondered why he took her here? Yuri walked towards her and wrapped his right arm around her petite waist. 

 

“What are we doing here?” there’s a sense of curiosity layered in her voice along with amusement and a little fear of the unknown. He leans sideways.

 

“I want you to see more of me. The side of me that I can’t show anybody else but you.” The thought of letting Jessica learn more about the complexity of his life is the first thing that came to his mind especially after meeting Seungwan. Bit by bit, letting her know what is going on around her. 

 

“You’re making me nervous Yul.”

 

“You shouldn’t be. I’m always with you.”

 

Whatever mix feelings that fighting inside of her simply vanish at the assurance he just gave her. Everything doesn’t seems to be making any sense right now. Not that she knew off but everything about him feels right. 

 

“Hold on tight.” Jessica yelped as Yuri carried her bridal style as soon as he stop talking. Without much effort, he ran towards the thick forest in a blink of an eye. Jessica didn’t even get to admire her view as everything passed by so fast. She can’t even comprehend anything anymore. 

 

“Relax.” Yuri assured her as he keeps on moving from side to side avoiding tress and big rocks. Jessica tightened her hold on his neck as she relax her tense body and let herself loose. It only takes then a few minutes as they reach a top of a tree where he puts her down but hand wrapping around her waist so that she won’t fall down. Jessica had her palm on as her eyes trailing the path down. It will be a long fall if she slip from here. 

 

“We’re not there yet but I just want you to see the view from here.” Yuri said as he point his finger towards the vast scenery in front of them. It was the view of the city where they live. Jessica eyes widen in awe as she had never seen anything like this before. She always wonder how it looks like from somewhere high. Yuri smile grew wider as he stare at her face. She looked so innocent sporting that star struck look. She’s reminding him the very first time they met. He falls for that innocent look only to learn later on that she has her mischievous side to her. 

 

“It’s so beautiful.” Jessica muttered under her breath. She can’t take her eyes off the view while Yuri can’t take his eyes off her. 

 

“It is. Very beautiful.” Jessica turned her head towards him and blushed when she saw him staring at her. Again. Yuri chuckled as he carry her again in his arms but this time she was ready. 

 

“Just so you know, anything with you in it made it beautiful.” She groaned at his cheesy remarks. It was funny when he back as a friend but now as lovers, it made her blush so hard. Yuri leap off the big branch towards the edge of the edge of the top mountain. She closed her eyes since it feels scary to keep it open. They landed softly on the ground and this time Yuri let her down without worrying over her safety. The forest volume up here wasn’t as thick as they climbed up. It feels refreshing and there’s sun invading the open area. Yuri walked towards the sun and open his arms as his gaze was on her. 

 

“I don’t glow under the sun unlike the rest of my people. None of my family do.” Jessica walked towards him and noticed what he meant. 

 

“Why so? I read vampires do glow. That’s why you don’t come out after sunrise.”

 

“I was born with a human mother and a pure blood father. So I don’t glow. Anyone bitten by any pure bloods don’t glow too. Whatever human saw as they wrote that book are 3rd class vampire; created to fight wars. They were bitten by 2nd class vampire that roam around city to keep the balance going between us and heaven. 1st class vampires are the one bitten by pure bloods; very powerful and deem to protect the covenant. Pure bloods are people running the covenants. On earth, there are thousands of covenant lead by pure bloods. Among pure bloods, they also had their classes measured by their power. Felix’s covenant is the most powerful one. There were 5 of them.” Yuri paused as he lets the information sink. Jessica had stopped in front of him.

 

“There were 5 of them. Taeyeon is the last descendant. He told me this morning.” Jessica timidly said as she remembered what Taeyeon and Tiffany said to her earlier. Yuri smile as he wasn’t surprise. Taeyeon would have told her. 

 

“He is but no one knew that I was too through Taewoo connection. Taeyeon had lead the covenant after my father’s death. When you’re a Felix, the stray vampires wanted you dead so that they don’t have to live away from home. Taewoo died in a rebellion fights 600 years ago. They snapped him half before get killed by Taeyeon as his power awaken. Remember his blue eyes when you cane with him?”

 

How can Jessica forget? She was so sure that Taeyeon would have killed Yuri if it wasn’t because of Tiffany stopping Taeyeon in time. Yuri let his body fall back on the bed of grass. He gestured for her to follow and soon Jessica settled next to him; arms around his waist, head on his arm and snuggling into his warmth. 

 

“Taeyeon was never himself whenever his eyes turns blue. The power inside is taking hiding his soul and over powered him. But that power has a weakness; Tiffany.” 

 

His explanation did make sense to be honest. Especially the stunt Tiffany pulled that time. But Jessica is too deep enjoying the relaxing time right now; the smooth wind, a nice bed of grass beneath, his arm making the fluffiest pillow right now and the warmth of his body is absolutely amazing. She can definitely fall asleep right now. Yuri looked down and saw her eyelids slowly closing. He flipped her and hovered on top of her as he landed a few  kisses on her lips. Jessica was beyond gasping as she scream out her lungs. Yuri wiggling his eyebrows in a playful manner.

 

“No one is going to save you here Sica. You’re mine.” He deepen his voice like a creep in a movie that earned a mouthful laughter from the girl. Gone has the dolphin scream. She wrapped her arms around his neck as their gaze were on each other. His piercing stare; his brown eyes captivated her through her soul. The silence somehow brought comforts as words weren’t enough for them. 

 

Her fingers play around his neck as he trail his eyes on her beautiful face. How can someone be so beautiful and so gentle? 

 

“Sica if the world ends tomorrow, knows that I will never stop loving you.” He was so random to her knowledge but she feels like there’s something going on with him. 

 

“I’ve known you since we were kids although I was a kid but you are not one to dwell with words. Yuri, I know when you’re hiding something from me.” She pulled him towards her as their lips muffled together; the taste of his lips that she missed so much. His chaste lips and the way he breath in between were her favourites. But unlike the last kiss, she made sure this kiss came along with her urgency to tell him that she’s not a fragile glass. He can tell her anything. 

 

Yuri deepened the kiss as he roll his back on the floor as she rest her front on him. It is incredible to be so close with her this way. Never in a million years had he imagine to be close with her again. 300 years felt nothing now when she’s finally in his arms again. Jessica moaned sent shivers down his spine as he hold onto her waist feeling the skin under her shirt. 

 

Suddenly the air around them is getting hot with lust and desire. It wasn’t just him. She felt it too. She wanted him so much. 

 

“Hrmm..” Yuri hum vibrating against as her taste invading his senses. Her skin under his touch burn the desire in him. Holding back becoming a problem as the needs to feel her overpowering everything that he was against. They finally pulled away with traces of her warm lips still lingering. Breath became shallow and chest heaved harder. What a kiss that was. 

 

He tucked a strand of hair behind and reposition himself slightly away from her but not too far; the desire is dangerously winning and it will take his whole body to not jump in and just succumb to the lust. They were staring at each other obviously feeling the around them; she wanted it and it was natural for her but he knew better not to. 

 

“You said you had waited for 300 years. Is it right to keep on waiting?” The lust was evident in her voice. He stiffen at the contact of her palm on his chest. The way her fingers lightly trail around leaving him breathless even more. Yuri closed his eyes for mere a second before reopens and held her hands in his. The longer they continue, he knew he might lose control. 

 

“For you, I’ll wait even for another 300 years.” 

 

But Jessica will always be the same Jessica he knew; she’s not really good at listening. Quite a stubborn person. She leaned forward despite his rejection aiming to finish what they started. Yuri didn’t want to continue but his body is barely listening to his brain. Even his heart trying to convince the brain that this is the right thing to do. He’s slowly losing this battle. But something coming from far jolted his senses as he rolled them away. An arrow strike the ground just next to them. Hr quickly pulled Jessica up and pushed her behind him. Jessica who just noticed the arrow can’t help but feeling fear creeping inside. 

 

“Yul, who shot that arrow?” Yuri can’t answered her whispered as he was vigilantly searching around for the culprit behind these attack. Another arrow came but he was fast to snatch it in front of his face. Jessica body trembles in fear as Yuri eyes burning with anger.

 

“Show yourself!” He then heard a slight noises coming from his right. It was too far away to see the intruders face but he recognized a body even from far; human or not. He used all his strength and launched the arrow in his hand aiming for the silhouette hiding around the big rocks. He knew he had hit his target. He saw the other person trying to leave the scene. If he was alone, Yuri would have give a chase but considering how dangerous it is to leave Jessica here he didn’t. He cursed under his breath as he felt Jessica hands tightened her hold on his jacket. As soon as he felt their attacker had fled the scene, he quickly engulfed her into a hug shielding her. Jessica hands slightly trembling but she stayed strong and refuse to let fear clouding her senses. Yuri kissed her the top of her head.

 

“Who was that Yul?” Her shaky voice is making him angry at the sudden attack on them. It was not even the start of the final week yet. But he has to reassure her that everything will be fine.

 

“It’s fine. I saw an animal hunter. They thought we were one I guess. I’ll send you home.”

 

An animal hunter? Which animal hunter can shoot an arrow so precise that the second arrow was aiming at his head? She might be a human but she’s not stupid. That was definitely not human but if Yuri said so then she will believe him. After all, he promise to keep her safe. Yuri kissed her forehead and carried her bridal style. He glanced at the same area before jumping down the cliff. This is getting worst that he had predicted. It’s bad for them. 

 

.....

 

Joohyun eyes were fixed on a person that suddenly appeared in the dark alley. She has been following her guts and frowned as she noticed the guy leaning against a wall and struggling over something. Her instinct brought her here and it will take the guy every efforts to explain his situation. She jumped off the building and within seconds landed firmly on the ground in front of the struggling man. His eyes widen in surprise as she with a speed of light already next to him holding his arm. 

 

“You’re hurt, Wan. What happened?” She sounded worried and it made Seungwan frowned. He quickly try to pull away but she refuse to let go. 

 

“Hyun, I’m fine. This is nothing.” 

 

“Nothing?” Bae Joohyun eyes were staring right into his and it made him even guilty for not saying anything. 

 

“If its nothing then why aren’t you healing?” More guilt. Good job Son Seungwan. 

 

“I ran into a devil while cleaning the area. He shot me with his black arrow.” Seungwan was praying hard that Joohyun would believe him right now. Joohyun gaze didn’t faltered but soon she let out a sigh before gesturing him to sit down on the floor. She took the gauze from his hand and help him dressing the wound on his arm. A shoot from a devil can’t kill an angel but he can’t easily heal. The wound must be treated the same way a human wound is treated. This wasn’t his first time getting this type of injury. Seungwan mentally celebrating this unusual win against Joohyun. 

 

“Here, it’s done.” Joohyun voice brought him back to his senses as she helped him button up his shirt. Seungwan let her be and take this rare opportunity to watch her in silence. 

 

“I probably saved a nation in another life to be able to get you as a lover.” Joohyun glanced at him.

 

“Smooth. But not enough to distract me.” She said with pure venom as she pressed his wounded arm. Seungwan hissed a little but dare not to say anything. Joohyun smirks as she’s finally done. 

 

“No devil would attack a fallen angel. So I’m going to ask again, what happened Wan?”

 

Seungwan suddenly felt his throat dry and his body grew weaker at the sight of an angry Joohyun. This is not the way he imagine to see Joohyun again tonight. 

 

“I...I...” Joohyun is getting impatient and he knew he’s not going to be safe tonight. 

 

“Is it a job that your superior asked you to do?” Seungwan quickly nodding his head. Joohyun sighed for the second time. Seungwan will never tell her anything that regarding his task from heaven. She was sure of that. But this issue is nothing compare to her current task right now. She was contemplating over the idea of letting Seungwan knows about it or not. 

 

“Hyun? You don’t look okay.” He asked as she wasn’t her usual self. Joohyun look slightly bothered tonight and he had never seen her like this before. She saw the look on his face and she quickly put the thoughts away as she smile at him. 

 

“I just want to be with you tonight. Can you?” There’s a hint of needing and he was sure he will not leave her side tonight. Seungwan lips tugging into a soft smile as he wrapped his arms around her waist. 

 

“Close your eyes.” She did as he told and the two of them vanished from the back alley and appeared in his apartment. Joohyun never really like the way he travel from place to place; he orbs between spaces and it made her uncomfortable. So everytime he orbs with her, Joohyun rather close her eyes than watching space changes. 

 

“We’re here.” 

 

Seungwan soothing voice is what she needed tonight. He’s what she needed tonight. She needs him to take away the trouble inside of her head. Joohyun pried herself away from him and pushed him hard as he flopped down on his bed. His stupid grin plastered on his face as Joohyun take off her blouse and jeans; leaving her semi in front of him. He likes her kind of aggressive; it’s hot. 

 

“You’re wearing the underwear I bought you.” Seungwan can’t help but feeling overwhelm of his finding. Joohyun never bother to wear any underwear or bra. He insisted saying that he can’t concentrate talking to him if she’s underneath her clothes. Everytime she hugs him, he can feel her chest against him. It always making him blush hard. 

 

“Hrmm..” Joohyun just hummed her answer as she climbs his bed and sat on his tummy. Seungwan eyes were on her chest and trails down to her tummy. But Joohyun place her finger under his chin and redirect her gaze towards her. 

 

“Shut it down.” She said with authority and Seungwan knew what she meant. She’s ordering him to temporary cut his connection with his superior for the night. Well, he was about to do so. Seungwan rest his palms on her thigh as she s his shirt; the same shirt she button up earlier. 

 

“You should do too Hyun. It will be a long night for you.” 

 

Joohyun gave him a look. With her strength, she rips apart his shirt. Seungwan eyes widen. Not another shirt. But before he could whine, he gasped as Joohyun grab him hard on his cloth member. A moan escaped his mouth as her hand fondling around. She grins like a devil watching Seungwan succumbing under touch. 

 

“A long night for me or you Wan?” Seungwan whimpered in pleasure as she put more pressure to her hold. He had been with a lot of people but Joohyun tops every single person. with someone as strong as him or even better than him are always his favourite. 

 

Yes, it will be a long night for him instead. 

 

.....

 

One thing about being a vampire that she love is there’s no need to sleep. She can never gets tired; different from her lover. Seungwan doesn’t sleep too unless after a heavy ; which is an act that love by the goddess of love who gave no exemption for angels. They will fall asleep like any other human. He was sleeping peacefully fully just for her eyes to see. But this is not what attract her the most. The wound from last hasn’t yet heal. She trusted him but last night he was acting strange. 

 

“Wan, I’m sorry.” Joohyun leaned towards the wound and gently pry the gauze off his arm. There were still traces of fresh wound. She leans in and run her tongue on the opening cut. She felt a rush of memories coming invading through her mind; memories of what transpired that had his wounded his arm. Her eyes widen as she pull back. Her breathing was getting heavier by seconds as she recall what she just saw. Seungwan was following Yuri. It was Yuri arrow that injured his arm. She feels her eyes pooling in tears as she moved away from him. 

 

“It can’t be you.” She felt like screaming her heart out at the truth that was slapped on her face. Then she remembered the night Seungwan got a special call from heaven. Fresh tears rolling down her cheek. Everything clicks right into place. Why him? Out of all angel, why her Seungwan? Her head is in mess and she can’t stay here any longer. Joohyun wear her clothes and was ready to leave his apartment. She turns to look at him once again.

 

“I won’t lose you.” Joohyun had never cried for anyone. But today she did for the love of her life. She jumped down from his window leaving him with a heavy heart.