PI EC ES

Pieces

[Song: Dream by Miss A's Suzy and EXO's Baekhyun]

 

PI EC ES 

 

"Jihoon ah," I said in a low sweet tone. "I can't sleep." I whined like a kid over the phone making him chuckled. I laid down on the bed waiting for his answer. He knew that whenever I said that I can't sleep, it automatically means that I want him to sing for me.

"You want me to sing you to sleep, my Eun?" I pulled the blanket to my face as I sheepishly smiled at his response. There's this certain feeling over and over again whenever he says 'my eun'. I love hearing it from him. "Nae, Hoon." I said while nodding like he can see me through the phone. Hoon was a nickname I love using. 

I heard him fake cough over the phone as he prepares to what song he will be singing. "Yeppeune oneuldo eojemankeum..." The moment I heard him sing, my heart skipped a beat. It's Dream by Suzy and Baekhyun, our theme song. He rarely sings this song even though it's our love song. The song is amazing, but when he sings it I'm starting to get lost. His voice.

Without noticing, he's halfway through the song and my eyes are already closing. Before I fell asleep on him while singing, I bid my goodbye and goodnight. 

"Jihoon ah, thanks to you I'm so sleepy now." I heard him chuckle and said "You're always welcome, my Eun. Go to sleep now. Goodnight and I love you." 

"I love you too, my Jihoon." 

 

 

"SON NAEUN!!!" 

 

That's when I came back to reality. I mentally slapped myself to why the hell I am reminiscing that memory. It pains me. My heart aches whenever I remember a moment or memory with him. I looked up to see who's talking, shouting rather. It was my sister with her eyes half-open while holding a pillow on her hand. Uh-oh, seems like I woke her up in her deep slumber. "Are you watching or not? You're wasting electricity, Sonna."

 

"Sorry, unnie." I awkwardly laughed and laid down on the couch. Confused, I glanced again to my sister who's still standing in front. "What? Do you need anything?" I reached for the remote and switch off the television while waiting for her answer. "It's not me, it's you. You said you have a dinner date with Hayoung tonight, right? Look at the time." 

 

With that, I quickly reached for my phone on the table and the moment I saw the time, I knew I was screwed. "Oh gosh, I'm 30 minutes late." I rushed to my room and changed in a casual red dress matched with a red wedge. I really want to wear a shirt and jeans but Hayoung requested for this one time. Well, there is nothing to lose if I'll accept her request, right? After the quick changed, I headed to our garage, open the gate and start the engine of my car. "Yah! Are you not going to say good bye to your sister?" She said before pouting. I laughed at her childish action, she never changed. "Bye bye, Chorong unnie!" I waved my hand to her and started driving. 

 

Thank God, there is no traffic. I arrived at the park after 10 minutes. It's 8 PM already. But there is no Hayoung in the park. Although I'm the one on fault, but she could've texted me or called me that she left. Aish, this girl. I fished for my phone and dialed her number. 

 

"Yah! Where are you?! Why did you left?" 

"What? I texted you that I can't make it on 7:00. I'll make it on 8:30."

"Texted? And what 8:30? It's just 8 o'clock, do I have to stay here for 30 minutes alone?"

"You're funny, Sonna. You can like roam around and just be back at 8:30." 

"Oh yes, alone. Thank you." 

"You're welcome." I heard her laughed over the phone. "By the way, what are you wearing?"

"Uhm, red dress and red wedge." I head her "woaah" on the other line.

"I have a surprise for you later. I love you, take care!" 

"Yah! Yah!" She hanged up the call. I can't with this girl. And what surprise? Oh gosh.

 

I opened my inbox to check if she's saying the truth. And yes she is. She really texted me that she can't make it. I hate her, but I hate myself more. Since I have 30 minutes left before the date, I decided to have at least a coffee in a nearby coffeeshop. 

 

As soon as I open the shop's door, fresh acoustic vibes welcomed me. The music is refreshing. There's a band performing at the corner of coffeeshop. Oh, this is the cafe Hayoung is saying where different bands play at night. I walked towards the table for two people and ordered an Iced Americano. The moment my order came, the band starts playing a random music beat. I can't see them as the people stand and cover them. 

 

"Hello!! Our next song is requested by our very own vocalist." Loud claps, shouts and girls' squeals are filling the cafe. I guessed the vocalist is some hot and good-looking guy. The people started to sit down and bit by bit, I can see the band who's performing. 

 

"This is for the girl I'll always love."

My heart skipped a beat. That voice.

 

"I want her to know that I'm not mad at her. I forgave you already."

No, it can't be. 

 

He is in LA. He can't be here. My heart is beating like crazy. Get me out of here. I can hear the crowd cheering and seconds after they are quiet as the band starts playing. 

 

"I love you, my Eun."

 

Kang Jihoon.

 

I want to get out but my feet aren't moving. Come on, Naeun. Every line he sings is like a dagger piercing through my heart. I'm the reason why you left, Hoon. I'm the reason why your friends lost a friend for the first time. Why the world is so unfair? I shouldn't cry. I shouldn't be hurting right now. I deserved all the pain I'm feeling for 2 years. Because between us, you're the one who had enough and gone through a lot. I'm the one who left. Not you.  

 

I'm trying to hold on my tears. He shouldn't see me crying. Big girls don't cry, Naeun. I reminded myself like I'm a little kid. But my tears betrayed me and started to pour down to my cheeks. I reached out for tissues in the table and wiped it. It was nonsense because it is non-stop. It seems like my eyes prepared for this moment a long time ago and nobody can stop them. 

 

I groaned and looked up. But I guessed it was a very wrong move. 

I met his eyes. 

The kind I could get lost in, and I loved it. And now, I'm starting to get lost in it again. I want to break the stare but our eyes seemed to be glued to each other. 

 

I miss you. A lot. 

 

But I shouldn't. I'm the one who pushed you to go to LA for work. Even though you rejected it a lot of times and said you wanted to be with me. You wanted to stay with me. I loved the idea of it but I don't want to be selfish. I don't want you to miss the opportunity just because of me. Then you're gone. Crying is like breathing to me. I cried nonstop for days, to months and to years. But I deserved it. I made the decision thinking that I'm not being selfish, but without noticing, I became the person I'm fearing to be. 


But as soon as realization hits me, I broke the stare and rushed towards the door. I can hear the crowd groaning and complaining as he stopped singing. I didn't dare to look back. The moment I stepped out the cafe, I searched for my car and hop on it. 

Then I breathe. 

 

"Hayoung!" I gasped when I remember the dinner date. I checked my phone and it's already 8:50. Aish, stupid heart, stupid past, stupid me.

I drove back to the park where I'll meet Hayoung. But still, there is no sign of her. What is this girl really up to? I checked my phone again to see a freshly delivered message. 

 

From: Oh Habbang

Sonnaaaa!! Enjoy, don't hate on me. I love you. :*

Enjoy? Don't hate on me? Is this girl playing games on me? I was just about to reply when I noticed a familiar figure in front of me. 

 

, fate. Stop playing with my life. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I said making the guy in front turn around. I'm right, it's him

His eyes got bigger and rounder like he was shocked to see me. Is he kidding me or is he really waiting for someone else? 

 

"Eun. I mean Naeun." I miss his voice. I miss him saying my name. "I- I'm waiting for someone." Someone. My heart stopped for a moment. Of course, for 2 years he might be seeing someone already. He was about to say something but then his phone begun ringing. "What? Hayoung ah? Hello?" 

 

Hayoung? 

 

"Sorry, I was talking to Hayoung. Remember, your bestfriend?" Am I assuming things or he really said that to not make me jealous or fishy of something? "She said she is wearing a red dress and red w-" He stopped and looked at me from head to toe. "Wedge." . Am I the one he's describing? So Hayoung set this up? 

 

Hayoung, you're really dead to me. 

 

"Are you... Oh Hayoung?" He said making both of us burst into laughter. His sense of humor, I miss it. He's always the one making me smile. My sunshine. But then I stop and fixed my expression. The sight of him breaks my heart into million pieces. I broke his heart once. "Why did you come back?"

 

"Because I love you." 

 

. Did I just said it out loud? 

I can't move my lips and utter some words. I don't know what to say. I can't believe he's in front of me. He's back. 

I don't want him to see me like this. That for 2 years, it's still him, it's always been him. "I'm tired. These is too much for a day." I smiled at him, weakly. And met his eyes once again. It seems like he want to say something so I turned my back and walk away not wanting to hear any words from him.

 

2 years after, I'm still the one who's walking away. Still the one who's leaving. 

 

"I want you to know that I'm not mad at you. How can I get mad to a person who stayed by my side through thick and thin and loved me for who I really am?" 

Without noticing, he catches up to my walking and grab my hand making me stop. "Please, look at me." It's like some magic words that made me do what he just said.

 

"Hello, I'm Kang Jihoon. The guy who's still and will always be in love with the girl named Son Naeun." 

 

Second after, I cried like a little kid. 

 

"H-Hi, I'm Son N-naeun. The girl who's still and will always be the luckiest person because she's in love with the most kind-hearted man on earth named Kang Jihoon." 

 

He chuckled to my response. "You're still the sweetest girl I've known." He grab my other hand and pulled me into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered softly in my ear, 

 

"I love you, my Eun." 

 

I hugged him back, burying my head in his chest. 

 

"I love you, my Hoon."

 

 

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hope you like it! And even the song choice omg. I love y'all ❤