Epilogue

That International Student

Just like what he wanted, Chan is called for an interrogation the next day. Although Chan’s dad is a deputy prime minister, he still can’t interfere with a police investigation. So, he has no choice but to let Chan goes.

News spread quickly. When the news reaches Eporue, the princess’ side decides to cancel the marriage as they don’t want their heir to marry someone involved with drug dealing.

At the end of the day, everything goes along as Chan’s planned. Now that he has a bad reputation, his dad won’t involve him in political matters at least until people forgot about this incident. He probably won’t talk to his dad for a while, but they’re never that close to begin with.

“So you’re not going to prison?”, I asked while we’re lying on Chan’s bed one morning.

“No.”, Chan said. “There’s no proof I’m involved with the production or distribution, and I can’t be punished just for creating the drug.”

“Why are you so smart?”

“Why are you so cute?”, he asked back while pinching my cheek, making me blush slightly. He then produces a gold ring and puts it on my ring finger. He shows me his hand to reveal that he’s also wearing a matching ring.

“What does this mean?”, I asked.

“We’re getting married.”, he said matter-of-factly without even proposing to me.

“But, isn’t it too quick? Like, we met each other the beginning of this year.”

Chan looks at me. “By the time my reputation recovers, my dad will set me up with someone else. We should get it done and over with.”, he explained.

“Okay…”

“Good.”, he said while standing up from the bed and heads toward the door.

Before he leaves, I say, “No.”.

He quickly turns around, looking perplexed.

“I won’t marry you.”, I said.

He looks even more perplexed. This is the first time I’ve seen him with that expression.

“Not unless you propose properly.”, I explained.

He rolls his eyes. “So demanding.”, he said with a smirk. He pulls me up, takes the ring off and kneels in front of me.

“Smile.”, I said.

He smiles.

“Call me.”, I ordered.

“June…”, then he pauses.

“Go on.”, I ordered.

“Will you marry me?”

I pause for a while. “No, that doesn’t sound earnest. Try again.”

He groans.

“I’m serious. Do it again, or it’s a ‘no’!”

He groans again. Then he smiles, and says it again, “June, will you marry me?”

“Again.”

“Will you marry me?”

“Still no.”

“Oh, quit it!”, he says while standing up.

“Are you… sulking?”, I teased.

He ignores me and heads to the door, but I hug him and pull him back to the bed. Then I kiss him and kiss again.

“Let’s set the date.”, I said.