That simple moment.

Jaesica one shot.

 

That simple moment.

 

1:25 A.M

She was tossing around the bed with her eyes closed trying to get some sleep. But she failed. She glances over the digital clock. It's already 1:25 in the morning. She lets out a sigh as she cover herself with the blanket.

 

7 hours ago,

 

8:15 PM

"I'm sorry Sica. I'm really busy right now. I dont think I can make it on time."

"It's okay. I dont mind waiting for you."

"Please dont. I have a meeting after this. It's going to take a while. Just go home and rest okay?"

"Umm. Okay, I'll meet you at home then?"

"Sure. But I'm going to be late, so dont wait up okay?"

"Okay."

"Hey, listen."

"Mhm?"

"I love you. You know that right?"

"... I know." Do I?

 

8:40 P.M

She went back to her apartment with a dull feeling. Cleaning the house, feeding the cat, she did every single activity she could think of at that moment just to distract herself from overthinking about the whole situation.

 

10.30 P.M

She decided to watch some movies just to kill some time as she waits for that person to come home. She sits on the couch with a bag of chips in one hand and a can of coke in the other. Her eyes were fixated on the TV. But her mind..?

 

12:45 P.M

She yawns as she glances over the clock on the wall just to see that it's already pass midnight.

"He's not coming home tonight, again."

Gently, she the head of the grey cat that is sleeping next to her. A gentle smile formed on her face as she observe the sleeping cat.

".. Is it worth it?"

The thought kept playing in her mind as she remembered all those time he bail on her. Not once, not twice, even she herself could'nt remember just how many time have he broke his promises. How many times have she came back to an empty home.

 

01:20 A.M

She cleans herself up and stands infront of the closet wearing a bathrobe as she looks for her night gown. At that moment, she saw a travel bag. Lots of thought came to her mind.

"Should I?"

She shrugged it off as she slids into her night gown and climb on the bed. Somehow, the bed felt strangely large for her tonight. The king sized bed never seemed so spacious for her before as he was always there lying right next to her. She glances over the bed side table and reach out for the picture frame on the table. It's a picture of them together. She stared at the picture intently and suddenly a tear drop from her eyes. She wipes it off but the tears kept flowing down. She cant control her emotions anymore as she cried her heart out to sleep hugging the picture frame tightly.

 

3:03 A.M

She can feel someone wrapping his arms and legs around her body. She can feel his warm breath hitting her neck as he gave her small kisses at the same spot.

"I'm home."

He whispered to her ears as he hugged her tighter. He can feel a knot in his heart when he saw her sleeping while hugging a picture frame. A picture of them together.

"I'm sorry love, happy birthday."

He whispered again as he give her a small kiss on her cheek. A smile slowly forms on her face as she turned her body around and hugged him back.

"Thank you." She said as she buried her face in his broad chest trying to hide her tears.

"I love you Kim Jaejoong. A lot, so much, very much" She said as she tightens her embrace.

"I love you too Jung Sooyeon." He replied as he kisses the crown of her head and chuckles over Jessica's cute respond.

 

She never asked for something more, never wanted for something extravagant. It was small moments like these that Jessica loves the most. With Jaejoong by her side, hugging her tightly saying those three words to her. It was small moments like these that makes her feels like, yes it's worth it. The wait is worth it.

 

Under the moonlight, both of them drift to dreamland in each other's embrace, feeling so ever in love with each other more than the day before.