Act 1 : First Meeting

Give Him Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"Seokwoo-ya, I can't play with you today. My mom is coming home from the hospital with my new baby brother. I promise I'll meet you at school tomorrow!"

The words came crushing down upon him like a thousand bricks. He looked up from his half built Lego tower to the figure looming over him, face shadowed by the sun shining brightly behind him.

Before young Seokwoo could reply, Youngbin had patted his head in a hasty manner and left almost as quickly as he arrived, taking with him the familiar vanilla scent that Seokwoo loved very much. And at that very moment, Seokwoo decided he disliked Youngbin's new baby brother, whoever this kid is.

After countless of broken promises, days turned to weeks of not being able to play with his favorite neighbor-hyung, Seokwoo chose to follow his mother to Youngbin's apartment. The past month consisted of his mother persuading the lanky four year old to come and meet 'baby Chani' and Seokwoo coming up with lame excuses to not meet everyone's beloved object of affection. He had heard Chani cries in the middle of the night, his loud giggling mixed with Youngbin's fond laughter and if his ears could bleed at the annoying sounds, they would. He wished he could put the baby on mute mode somehow and today, he wanted to see for himself, how much better this Chani really is that everyone seems to dote on him, even his mother cannot seem to stop talking about the devil.

Seokwoo tailed behind his mother into Youngbin's apartment, a bright Youngbin greeting him in the doorway with a hug. Seokwoo was looking forward to Youngbin's smell but he frowned when all he could smell was a strong scent of wild berries laced with very mild vanilla scent that was uniquely Youngbin. He scrunched his nose up and quickly pushed Youngbin away, his attention was instantly roped towards a wriggling bundle of blanket in the middle of the sitting room, small fingers protruding out of the sky blue blanket, blindly reaching for something to hold.

He could barely register anything when Youngbin pulled him closer to where the source of wild berries' smell was. Seokwoo's heart was beating loud enough that the boy had to clutch his chest in fear of getting his heart popping out of his small chest. From beneath the layers of blankets was a small- no, tiny version of Youngbin with furrowed eyebrows and extremely round droopy eyes. His red cheeks were tear stained and he looked so ready to cry again at the sight of a stranger.

"Shhh.. Chani-ah, this is my best friend, Seokwoo. He is gonna be your best friend too." Youngbin kneeled next to Chani's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter