CHAPTER 21

BEHIND THIS MASK

TWO WEEKS AGO…

“Babe, are your brothers coming to the party?” It’s been 3 months since Doojoon and Seobie got together. It was all very sudden, but he managed to introduce her to his brothers and to their parents. They all welcomed her warmly into the family.

“I just got off the phone with GO hyung and he said he’ll follow right after his date with his bestfriend. And Seungho hyung will drop off some school papers at SU before heading here.” Doojoon answered her girlfriend. She just smiled and nodded.

“Congratulations babe. I’m so proud of you.” Doojoon hugged her and gave her a peck on the forehead. She giggled a bit and murmured thanks, when he leaned down and gave her a chaste kiss on her lips. It was one of those moments that even a simple gesture from him makes her heart flutter.

They were currently waiting at an exclusive restaurant that Doojoon had reserved for his girlfriend’s congratulatory party. She was just awarded Student of the Year and Best Model Student. It was the first time that the award was given to the same student. And for that, he decided to throw a party.

 

Seobie had already met all of Doojoon’s brothers and as for Doojoon’s sake, vice versa. In those 4 months, it’s the first time that they are going to meet each other personally. Unknowingly, the paths of their siblings had crossed already.

Seungho and Byunghee were at the grocery when they decided to go on separated ways to get their groceries faster. Seungho tossed a coin to decide who will go to which direction.

“Heads” Seungho.

“Tails” GO

“Heads, bro. I’ll go to the right, you go left.” Seungho grinned and headed of to the right wing while GO just laughed it off and went to the left wing.

Seungho went to the soap sections when apparently, Cheun Ah was having a hard time transferring the big sack of laundry powder. Seeing this, Seungho gladly helped her.

“Here you go. Better be careful, lifting too heavy objects can cause muscle strain and cramps.” Seungho smiled at the woman who thanked him and went on.

On the other hand, Byunghee decided to get the canned goods when he saw a teenage girl reaching for the can of tuna which happened to be placed quite high. He went over to take some for her and managed to help her get other products.

“Thank you oppa. It would have taken me years to reach that if you hadn’t come.” Mireu smiled at Byunghee.

“Don’t mention it kiddo.” He just chuckled and ruffled her hair. He then went on to his errands.

“I hope this all turns out fine. I love you babe, and thanks for this.” Seobie smiled and tip-toed to give her boyfriend a kiss on the lips.

 

At around 6:00 pm, Seobie and Doojoon were expecting Mireu to arrive. She had just called and said classes were over so she was on her way to the restaurant. Doojoon volunteered to wait outside and wait for her.

“Mireu baby!” He waved at her. It’s been their endearment for her since she is the youngest.

“Doojonnie oppa!” She waved back. She was about to cross when a speeding motorcycle passed by, almost hitting her. She was so scared that she just closed her eyes when she felt strong arms grabbing her and enclosing her in a hug. When she looked up, she saw her hero and smiled.

“Good thing I was in the vicinity.” Byunghee let go of her slowly and checked if she was hurt or anything. He asked if she was fine and she quickly nodded.

“Thanks oppa. You helped me again. You’re my 2nd knight in shining armor.” She smiled and crossed the street towards Doojoon. Byunghee followed suit but stopped by the street light to call on his “bestfriend”.

“Cheunnie, have you reached your destination yet?”

“I’m almost there oppa. I just got stuck in traffic but I’m fine. You?”

“I just got here. Just became a 2nd knight in shining armor.”

“*chuckles* I bet she’s one lucky woman.”
“Correction, it was a lucky girl. She looks like a high school student. *laughs*”

Okay. I’m almost there. No need to check up on me. Bye GO oppa.”

“Bye Cheunnie.” Byunghee kept his phone and entered the restaurant.

Just then, Cheun Ah just got off the taxi and started walking towards the restaurant. She looked at the sign before pushing the door but someone beat her to it. She smiled at the familiar face.
“If I’m not mistaken, you must be Seobie’s eldest sister.” Seungho smiled as he opened the door to let her in.

“And you must be Doojoonie’s eldest brother.” She thanked him and entered. He followed her in.

 

Byunghee saw the newly entered couple. Shock was an understatement. His heart sunk when he saw his “bestfriend” with his brother. He saw her laughing with him. When she looked at his direction, her smile widened at the sight of his “bestfriend”.

“GO oppa!” She crossed the distance between them and gave him a peck on the cheek. His heart came afloat again, forgetting the previous scene.

“Cheunnie, you were heading here? So that means, Seobie is your sister.” He said more of a statement rather than a question.

“Yeah. And Doojoonie and Seungho here are your brothers.” She stated. He just nodded and smiled. He almost thought that Seungho and Cheu Ah were together since they came in together, but changed his mind when she gave her a peck on the cheek. Another is that, he noticed how Seungho interacted with the youngest of the Park sisters.

The night went by smoothly, each of them getting to know each other.