Chapter 3

Me, After You

Chapter 3

            This morning when I woke up from my deep sleep, as usual, I would check my phone first before doing anything else. Making sure to reply any messages that came in the day before, after that I would sit on my bed for another five to ten minutes to collect my own mind or soul before truly woken up and get freshen up. Precisely at six am, I would stand in front of my fridge to check on the food that I could eat for breakfast. After another fifteen to twenty minutes, I finish with my breakfast and clean the dishes. When I’m done with the dishes, I start walking back to my bedroom to get ready for work.

Today, I decided to wear comfortable clothes. The comfortable clothes that I meant were a white shirt with printed words in front of it, that I cover with my favorite brown cardigan, long blue jeans, and last, but not least a sneaker. I let my hair down for today, because I feel like it. Taking my bag from the couch and checking my things once again, to make sure I don’t forget about things that are important such as phone and my journal, I went out from my apartment precisely at six forty-five. 

Now at ten am, for once again, I’m sitting on my work chair with a journal in front of me, and me who is looking at the white wall with blank expression.

My face might look empty, but my mind isn’t.

A knock woke me up from my thoughts. I look to the door to find Jaejoong oppa standing there, leaning to the door with a document in his hands.

“Someone looks deep in thought.”  

He walks towards my desk, and set the document he brought with him in front of me, before he let out a smile and ruffles my hair.

“What’s up?”  He asks, leaning towards me with both of his palms on my desk.

“The sky is up.” I reply curtly.

He scoffs at my sarcastic reply, “You know what I mean Taeyeon. Don’t try to change the subject.”

I roll my eyes at him. Taking the document, I check on it. It’s a document about a new book release contract from the Elite Publishing House.

“New books arrival?”

I put the document back to my desk. I stretch out my hand to take a pen to sign the document.

“Yes, it would come tomorrow morning.”

I let out an ‘oh’ sound. After I signed it, I give the document back to Jaejoong oppa. I thought he would leave after I give him back the document, but he didn’t. He just stands there in front of my working desk, staring at me with the document in his eyes. Letting out a sigh, I put my pen back on it place and close my journal. I look up at him, and put on my sweetest smile. The smile isn’t the sweetest smile that I usually wear. This one smile is a smile that shouts ‘do you have any question? If you don’t please do leave the room’ smile.

Jaejoong oppa shake his head, “No, that expression won’t work with me.”

Damn, he knows me too much.

I mumble incoherent words, “Fine. Suit yourself.”

I ignore him and get back to my business. After couple of minutes of me ignoring him, I could hear his heavy sigh. I look up from my computer to find one of his fingers flicking my forehead.

“Aw!” I let out a wail, “Ya! That’s hurt!” I pout at him as I rub my forehead.

His flicking was pretty strong.

“Kim Taeyeon, I won’t leave this room until you tell me what’s in that mind of yours.”

“You do realize the more you force me, the more I won’t tell you right?”  

He shrug lazily, “I know, but at least I try to ask. When I’m lucky you tell me immediately, when I’m not? Well, eventually you will tell me.”

Damn bastard, he knows what he’s saying.

I pouted more at his words, “It’s nothing. Just forget about it. Now please do leave me. I have lots of things to do.”

I ignore him and act like I’m busy. I know I’m acting like a kid right now, but one thing that I need right now is my time alone.

Thank God, he gives it to me.

***

I walk out from my office to get a drink. I smile when I see many customers come in to get their books or just sitting on their favorite table while enjoying a cup of coffee. Business is doing great these days, and I’m thankful for it.

“Kyungsoo!” I grin at the doe-eyes guy who stands behind the kitchen island.

“Good afternoon Ms. Kim. Is there anything that I could help you with?”

“Could you make me a glass of ice chocolate? Just put it in my tab, I will pay for it at the end of the day.”

“Sure, coming right up!”

I look at Kyungsoo as he makes the drink. For someone who is new and only a part time worker, he learns pretty fast. I guess that’s why Jaejoong oppa put him on the kitchen job.

“Make that two please, and put it on my tab too.”

I look beside me to find the person who I just ignore this morning. He looks tired.

“You okay?” I put my hand on his back and rub his back gently.

He runs his hand through his hair, “I’m stress.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know what I should get for Nicole.” He pouts.

“Ahh… right, it’s your anniversary this Saturday right?”

“Yes, and until this day I’m still confused on what should I give to her.” He let out a sigh, “The truth is, Nicole would love if I just cook for her.”

“Then cook for her, what’s the problem?”

“Problem is, it’s too… usual for us.”

Kyungsoo put two glass of cold chocolate in front of me, “Then, go out on a date.” He says.

“Are you kidding me? Date for a couple who has been together for more than five years?!”

Jaejoong oppa shriek, he just shrieked, and I don’t know why I found it funny, so I almost choked on my drink.  Jaejoong oppa who noticed my sudden reaction give me a side glare.

“Sorry.” I cough to clear my throat, “But I’m with Kyungsoo. Why don’t you just go on a date with her? Sometimes a simple thing can be pretty special.” I shrug.

“You think so?’

I roll my eyes at him, “I know so, oppa. I’m a girl remember?”

“Fine, but if she doesn’t like it, it’s your entire fault Kim Taeyeon.”

“Ha! She would love it, trust me.” I grin as I start telling him on what he supposes to do with their special day.

***

I sit quietly on my usual spot inside the café, leaning on to the table in front of me, I could see some people walking through the window. I don’t know how long did I sit there, but I guess I sit pretty long because before I knew it Jaejoong oppa is putting my bag in front of me.

“Time to go home young lady!”  He said in his loud, excited voice.

I frowned and looked at my watch, “It’s not the time yet.”

 I give him the ‘leave me alone look’. Which in return he let out a small chuckled. He pulls the chair besides me and sits on it. There is not any words share between us for a few minutes. We just sit there, side by side, enjoying the view right in front of us. The silent is not awkward, and I like that very much.

Somehow, it is hard for me to enjoy a silent with someone else. I never really enjoy silent moment with anyone, especially with strangers.

Why? Because, I have this rush in me to just talk about anything with that person and it does not feel right at all. In some ways, I feel like I am such a chatty person, which the truth is, I am not. It also feels like a sin to me, to talk too much.

“What’s wrong hm? You look stress.”  Jaejoong’s oppa voice wakes me up from my own thoughts.

I smile a little, rubbing my hands, “Does it show?”

My hands feel cold all of sudden, must be the air conditioner…

He slightly nods, “All day long. You look like someone who has many problems.”

“Ha…” I leaned myself to my chair, “Really…”

“Yeah.” He looked at me, “Want to talk about it?”

He gives me that smile, a smile that I always see every time he gives himself up as ‘a shoulder to cry on’. I smile back at him, because I am sure he already knows my answer.

“Nah, I am good.” I stretch my body and let out a satisfied groaned, “I’m going home, and could you lock the café for me?”

He nod, “Sure, and Tae?”

“Hm?”

I turned around to see him.

“Don’t force yourself. Remember to take care of yourself.”

I was stunned for a second, before I smile. His words warm my heart.

“Nde, nan ara…”

***

Have you ever just look at the sky and asked yourself… Why am I here? Because if you are asking the same question, that means we are in the same page. I do too ask myself that question, almost every day of my life. At least, I asked myself that question since I’m 17 years old, until now. I guess it is a human thing, questioning about things. From the simplest question like ‘how are you?’ until the most bizarre question of all, like… okay. I don’t know what’s the bizarre question is, but I’m sure someone out there loves to ask weird things.

Moreover, people just love to do weird things. Okay, some people love to do it. Not all of them.

Like right now, I’m sitting in front of my mother inside her house and she is looking at me. In a weird way that I couldn’t describe. I sip my glass of water meekly, feeling a bit self-conscious all of sudden.

 “Mom, why are you looking like that?”

“Huh? Looking at you like what dear?”

I hold myself not to roll my eyes in front of her, “Suit yourself.”

I was going to get another glass of water, but what my mother said next, made me stop my move.

“Tiffany is getting married.”


Yes, I know. It has been a while since I last I update right? (more like forever)

I’m so sorry for this lateness! /bow/

My real life for the last few months has been hectic, and I need to focus on it to get it done.

However, now I’m a little bit free… I will try to update.

Not regularly, but I will try to update kay?

Once again, I’m sorry for the lateness!

Please forgive me! /bow/