Final

I knew you'd be like this

"Gongju-yah~ Your omma left food for you and Joohyun, its on the table. Send our love to her, okay?" Seulgi's appa shouted from the living room, barely shifting attention from the footies game on TV.

"Alright Appa, bye see ya soon."

 

---

 

Seulgi arrived in front of Joohyun's apartment, ready clutching the food in one hand while her other hand fishes for the keys in her pockets. She stepped inside and surprised to find Joohyun all spruced up and just, just pretty. Prettier than she ever tries to be when she's around Seulgi. 

"Where are you going?" Seulgi asks her lover, flat-toned.

Joohyun is giving Seulgi the cold shoulder, diverting her attention elsewhere she replies, "Somewhere."

And that is enough to get Seulgi all annoyed. What the hell Joohyun, what is that supposed to mean. Just give me a straight answer for God's sake. But instead of saying out loud, probably firing up another petty fight, she just kept mum and nodded her head slowly. Thank god, Wendy came out from her room. Seulgi hoped she could help break the awkward silence. 

"Oh hey, Seulgi. We were just leaving to- Ow! Unnie, really?" Wendy was nudged by Joohyun, eyes popping out. Seulgi figured that was a clear enough sign that she definitely didn't want Seulgi to know where they were going. As always, Wendy ignored the eldest in the living room.

"Anyway, as I was saying, we were going out to Starbucks to get something hot to drink."

Seulgi brightened up with Wendy's honest answer. "Can I come?" Seulgi asked hopefully, rubbing her nape awkwardly. "I can drive you guys there, if you want me to?"

"No." Seulgi looked at Joohyun who replied so indefferently.

"Well then, I guess you guys already have someone to drive you there. Tell Bogum I said hi, then. Umm.. here, Hyunnie, omma made this for you. I'll leave."

Wendy tried to ease the tension before Seulgi stormed out the door back into her car. "Hey, already? Why don't you stay here for a while until we get back? Your favourite drama is on by now. You wouldn't want to miss it for the world now, would you?"

"It's okay, Wan-ah~ Thanks for the invite, but I guess I'll just go. I'm kinda tired anyways." She was about to leave until she heard the maknae call her.

"Seulgi unnie!!! I missed you"

Seulgi let out a faint smile as the maknae rushed towards her finally embracing her in a hug. "Hey there Yerim, I missed you too." Ruffling the girl's hair, she reciprocated the hug, equally as tight. "How have you been?"

"I've been great unnie. I just missed youuuuuuu." The maknae coo-ed, making Joohyun scoff at the maknae. Ugh, why are you being all clingy with my Seulgi. That idiot bear doesn't pull away for a second. Stupid bear. "Say, Unnie. Are you free tonight? I need help with my calculus assignment. Please please pleasseee, pretty please."

A handsome chuckle escapes Seulgi's mouth, "Yeah yeah, sure alright. I'll help."

The maknae pulled Seulgi into her room. Seulgi sat on the maknae's bed, legs scrossed as she watch Joohyun's back slowly fade through the front door. She let out a small sigh. She was just fed up of Joohyun's attitude with her, especially when she's that close to Bogum. He is much better looking than she is, smarter, charming, and the worst, he was a guy, unlike her. Bogum is worthy of Joohyun's love and she knows she isn't. Seulgi, a girl, loving Joohyun, another girl? A goddess? She laughs at herself for believing that she'll ever stand a chance with Joohyun. As the maknae was busy going through her back pack, trying to grab her laptop, Seulgi unintentionally peeked through the curtains of Yeri's room, hoping she wouldn't go out with Bogum. As expected, Joohyun did all the things Seulgi wished she hadn't. She saw her lover locking arms with Bogum down to his car. Bogum held her hands softly, opened the door for her and guided her in like a true gentleman. Seulgi couldn't stand the sight, she felt twitches in her chest, her heart? Whatever. She knows she doesn't feel good about this. Being the good hearted person she is, however, she decided to stay and help Yeri finish her work. 

 

Halfway through the assignment, Seulgi laid herself on the bed, legs sprawled out and swung and arm over her eyes. She felt her vision blurring and heating up. Again, Seulgi sighed a discontent. Yeri who was sitting on the floor facing Seulgi on her bed, noticed how the elder behaved. She gathered the courage to ask,

"Unnie, are you guys fighting again."

Sigh.

"I've seen you guys constantly fight nowadays."

Sigh. "I know, Yeri. I.. I- I ugh, I just don't know what's going on in her head anymore. She doesn't talk to me."

"Well, did you ask her?"

"...No..."

"Well then, you should."

Sigh.

"Unnie, you know Joohyun unnie loves you very much, just you alone. I can see it through how special she treats you compared to us."

Seulgi scoffs hearing the younger girl's statement. "Pfft, well it doesn't seem like it. She hasn't been replying my texts like she used to. She doesn't acknowledge my presence. I'm tired, Yerim-ah~ It seems all so one-sided to me. I-I don't know anymore." Sigh.

They continued where they left off. Seulgi was thankful she had the maknae with her, at least she knows Yeri isn't ignoring her like Joohyun was. 

It was already 1am. Still, Joohyun and Wendy weren't back. She decided to text Joohyun.

1.07am

Hyun-ah~ where are you? Why aren't you home yet? 

 

1.32am

I hope you come home even if you decide to ignore me. Please, I'm just worried.

 

Still, nothing. So, she calls only to fume with anger when Joohyun rejects her call. 

"Yerim-ah, I'm gonna go. Please text me when your unnie gets home."

Yeri nods understandingly, "Alright Unnie, drive safe."

 

---

 

Seulgi gripped her steering wheels hard, trying to calm her state of mind. No matter what she does, she can't. So, she ends up on the freeway leading up to God knows where. Seulgi was just too frustrated with Joohyun, she just couldn't comprahend. Stop acting like a child Joohyun, just talk to me. Say it! Say what you wanna say! . She smacked the wheel with full force, again and again and again, until her palms hurt. Seulgi stepped on the paddle and put some miles on it, up to the point where she endangered herself and other drivers, going faster and faster. She only realised she had to slow down when she almost collided with cars from the opposite side, honking at her like their lives depended on her, well it did. 

 

Seulgi ended up in a bar. She sat down, at the same time looking around. Seulgi came to the conclusion that that night, was scotch night. So, she ended up taking not one or two but dozens of shots intoxicating her body. Hell, she just wanted to forget about Joohyun but she can't. Seulgi kept on glancing on the screen of her phone waiting for a reply from Yeri. Nope, nothing.

"Hey, hit me with another shot, big guy" Seulgi slurred in her speech a bit, but still managed to look sober enough, looking sleek in her leather jacket.

"Here you go." Seulgi reached the glass which slid up in front of her. "You should take it easy on the booze there, mate. I bet you're having some kind of boyfriend problem."

"Well I guess you can say that, its a girl."

"oh, so girlfriend then? I see.."

"Not exactly that, either. She doesn't want our relationship out in the open, so yeah technically I have no idea what we are." Seulgi laughed bitterly.

"Yikes, seems like you got yourself into some deep right there. Did you talk to her about it? About you know, wanting to make it official?"

"Not really, I guess I just decided to go with the flow you know?"

"Yeah I mean but, relationships don't work that way, kid. You gotta compromise."

Seulgi stopped talking for a while, and was left alone with her drunk thoughts. I should, shouldn't I? Yet, being the idiot bear she was, she continued drinking. Her phone finally vibrated at a quarter past 3am in the morning. Reliefed, the text said,

The unnies are back, I'm gonna sleep. Goodnight, Seulgi Unnie. See you soon, thanks for helping me with the assignment.

She took that as the cue. 

 

----

 

Half an hour later, the drunk bear was in front of Joohyun's house again. Struggling hard to even stand straight, fumbling with the keys. "..", she muttered to herself. When she finally managed to get inside, she stormed into her lover's room. From the outside, she noticed the lights were still on. So, she knows Joohyun wasn't asleep just yet. 

"Hyun-ah~ I missed you." Seulgi mumbled incoherently, Joohyun could barely understand the taller girl.

"Seulgi, why are you here? A-are you drunk?!"

"What? No? I'm completely not drunk, I can drive and count 1 to 5. 1, 2, 4, 5? Wait, I left 3 down at the bar."

"Seulgi, you're drunk. Oh my god, you're drunk? Jesus, you were drunk driving?! What the hell were you thinking about, Seulgi?! Are you trying to kill yourself??! What the hell, Seulgi." Joohyun raked her hair in frustration. Frustrated Joohyun looks so hot, Seulgi thought, and again, she was dumbfounded with Joohyun's beauty. 

"You know what I was thinking about?" Seulgi said softly. She took Joohyun's hands in hers, carressing them softly with her thumbs. "I was thinking about you, Joohyun." Joohyun kept mum, she knows Seulgi's serious whenever she calls her with her real name. "Always about you Joohyun, all the time. I can't stop." Seulgi stared down into Joohyun's eyes with her pair of brown orbs. Joohyun could see the sincerity in her eyes, but she pulled away. Joohyun couldn't bare, her chest just hurts so much. No Seulgi, please, stop. Stop looking at me like I'm the only thing that matters. 

"Joohyun, I just can't understand why you had to go with Bogum. Why not me?"

"See! There you go again, Seul!"

"What does he have that I don't, Joohyun huh? Look at me! Why is it so hard to just look at me?!" Seulgi's voice raised a bit but she toned it down when she remembers the maknae was already asleep. 

"You know what Seulgi? I knew you'd be like this!! That's why, that's freaking why! There's no point in telling you, as if there was even a point in the first place. I'm tired, Seul. Just.. just go home."

"What, Hyun-ah~ Cmon just say it, I don't understand."

"You keep on getting all jealous whenever I'm out with guys. You know they're just my friends. Bogum's just a friend. And besides, we're not officially dating. So, there's nothing wrong with me going out with them."

"That's just it, Hyun. No, I don't want to share you with anybody else. You're mine and I am yours." Seulgi says breathlessly. She starts to kneel, still keeping hold onto her hands. "Please, Hyun. Please be mine, officially. I want everyone to know you're mine, but most importantly, I just want you. You, Hyun."

Joohyun was rendered speechless with Seulgi's words. Her gaze onto Seulgi softened. Joohyun freed her hands from Seulgi's grip, obviously reluctant on letting her go. Instead, she reached out to cup Seulgi's cheeks. "Stupid bear, I've been waiting for you to ask me that, since forever. Of course,I will. I love you, Seul. So so much. Can't you see that? You don't have to be jealous all the time. I just need you to trust me, have a little faith in me. We can make this work." She caressed the bear girl's cheeks, staring into her eyes. "Okay? I love you, idiot." She smiles at Seulgi lovingly starting to pull the girl up to stand. Seulgi obeys, like she always does. That night was different, Seulgi was bold. Usually, Joohyun initiates all the skinship but that night, Seulgi was the one to close the gap. Seulgi was the one who traced her thumb on Joohyun's lips. Seulgi was the one to smash her lips against Joohyun's, starting off strong but ended up being as passionate as ever. Seulgi was the one to pull Joohyun into her arms and let Joohyun rest her head on the crook of her neck. 

"let's go to sleep, Seul."

And they fell asleep. Joohyun laid on Seulgi's chest, hands around Seulgi's neck afraid of letting go. Seulgi's arms held onto Joohyun's waist so tight but comfortably. It was definitely going to be impossible for the both of them to wake up the next day.