At the Oh's

As one family

Walking into the Oh’s house was like walking into a mansion… or so Seulgi thought. But no, it was an apartment, one bigger than the average. Splashed with warm colors of Autumn: beige, brown, and burgundy red. It felt like home.

“Sorry if it’s a bit messy, I gave Jihun’s nanny two weeks off since I’m off for vacation,” Sehun said, as he closed the front door once everyone was in.

“Mr. Oh! Your place is beautiful!” Yeseul beamed, as she looked around the marvelous interior of the apartment.

“Well thank you Yeseul,” Sehun smiled.

“Messy? It looks as though it’s free from specs of dirty,’ Seulgi laughed, as Sehun chuckled awkwardly.

“Come Yeseul! Let me show you my play room!” Jihun excited said, as he grabbed Yeseul’s hand and lead her away to the said room.

As the two left, Seulgi stood standing by the beige, leather couch, looking around the apartment.

Sehun watched as she did a slow 360 turn, looking around. “Do you like it?”

Seulgi looked at Sehun, smiling, “Yes. You have such a beautiful and comfortable apartment. It feels just like home… a home with love.”

Sehun smiled warmly, “Well I’m glad you feel the love in this home. Even though it’s just me and my son and occasionally his nanny.”

“So where’s your wife?” Seulgi questioned even though Sehun did not indirectly say he had one.

Sehun took a deep breath before answering, “She… well she left us.”

“O-Oh… as in physically leaving to a different place or d-dying?” Seulgi struggled to mention the last word.

“Left to a different place… with a different man,” Sehun admitted. It still hurt to even mention his ex-wife, the mother of his son.

Seulgi bit her lip, maybe she shouldn’t have asked. It was clear to see that it upset Sehun bringing her up. “Sorry. I don’t mean to be nosy, I just thought…”

“No, it’s fine. I made it seem as though I had a wife,” Sehun cleared his throat, “Anyways, let me show you the kitchen. We should get dinner started.”

“Ah, right..” Seulgi followed Sehun into the dining room that lead to the kitchen.

Sehun walked behind the long, marble top counter that situated in the middle of the kitchen.

Seulgi could not believe a kitchen could be this big. Well maybe in those cooking shows but here? She loved it. She would be cooking every chance she could having a kitchen such as Sehun’s.

“A bug will fly into your mouth if you keep it open any longer,” Sehun teased, getting a bottle of water.

Seulgi slightly blushed, embarrassed, “Sorry, it’s just a really beautiful kitchen. I could cook for days.”

“Maybe I should hire you as a cook,” Sehun brought up. He handed Seulgi a water bottle.

“Why would you hire me as a cook if 1. I’m a complete stranger, 2. You do not know if I cook good?” Seulgi pointed out, taking a sip of the cold water.

“You’re not a complete stranger. Your mini me told me quite a lot about you and I just have a feeling you cook amazing,” Sehun stated, taking a seat on the wooden stool behind the counter, motioning for Seulgi to take one before him.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Okay, what did she say?” Seulgi was curious to know what her daughter had told the Ohs. Taking her seat, she got ready to listen.

Sehun chuckled, “For starters, I can tell your daughter truly loves you with everything she has. She could not stop smiling this beautiful smile when she began. She told my son and I that you’re, and I quote, “the beautifullest mom in the world.” She went on say how your kind, caring, and a loving mother. For a little girl, she truly knows so much about what her mother, that being you, is like. She was very descriptive and I would guess she’s a smart little four year old for her age. Anyways, she described your features,” Sehun smiled, “Silky long black hair, almond chocolate brown eyes, a cute nose that makes a person want to kiss it, the apples of her cheek appearing as she smiled causing her eye to turn to crescent little moons, a smile like no other that could light up a dark room, and most importantly she has the face of someone I’m blessed to call mommy. My one and only.”

Sehun had the chance to truly look at Seulgi, as he repeated everything Yeseul had described about her mother.  Everything Yeseul had described about the woman in front of him were true. Seulgi was stunning to him. Sehun thought Seulgi to be some sort of model, which she might be. Seulgi’s smile, to him, was breathtaking and her cute eye smiles would be the first thing someone would notice when she smiled.

A little sniff from the latter took Sehun out of his trance.

“S-She r-really said t-that?” Seulgi sniffed, collapsing her hand over to keep her from crying loudly. She looked at Sehun with tears gleaming her eyes.

Sehun panicked, “Y-Yeah… Oh please don’t cry! I’m sorry.” Sehun got up to get a napkin by the fruit bowl and handed it to Seulgi.

“Dummy, don’t a-apologize… just… give me a second,” Seulgi said, as she tried swallowing the lump in , fanning her face after she wiped her eyes.

Sehun sat quietly, as he watched Seulgi attempt to stop her tears from falling. Giving her a few minutes before speaking up again, “I was also surprised she said all that. I was expecting a small, not so descriptive description. You’re lucky to have a daughter like Yeseul. But I’m not saying I’m not lucky to have Jihun because I’m blessed to have him as my son.”

“I really am lucky and blessed,” Seulgi smiled, sniffling, “So are you. The way you and Jihun were when we came here… you two seem to have a bond like no other.”

Sehun smiled widely, “I hope. Sometimes I feel as though I kind of neglect him when I have to work.”

“But I’m sure he understands and not only that, you’re a single father so you have it much harder,” Seulgi tried pointing it out but Sehun only shrugged with an “I suppose.”

“Anyways, back to our main purpose. What would you like to eat for dinner?” Sehun got up from the stool, looking at what they could possibly make.

“Anything is fine, as long as if you have the ingredients,” Seulgi smiled, as she tied up her hair.

“Pretty sure I have ingredients for anything your trying to make,” Sehun pointed out, as he closed the cabinet doors that contained spices.

“Hmm.. Alright, Seulgi hummed. I’ll just surprise you guys, if that okay with you.”

“I’m fine with it and Jihun is a pretty good eater, so he wouldn’t mind. What about your daughter?”

“She’s the same. Eats anything I whip up,” Seulgi informed as she washed her hands.

“Alright, then let’s start,” Sehun had walked over to the sink but Seulgi stopped him.

“Woah. Wait. The dinner is on me, meaning I’ll be the only one making it,” Seulgi softly smiled, “So you go play with the kids… I mean your son and my daughter.”

“Exactly,, ‘the kids’ and if you say so,” Sehun grinned, winking at Seulgi; causing Seulgi to blush lightly.

Before Sehun could leave the kitchen, she had two important questions to ask, “Are the two of you allergic to anything? And do you guys like spicy food?”

“No and of course we do!” Sehun laughed, “Who wouldn’t like spicy food?”

“I just had to make sure. I would want you guys to enjoy the meal as much as possible without a flaw,” Seulgi smiled.

“Well thanks for looking out for us,” Sehun’s heart felt as though it was doing mini flips, Seulgi was truly a person Sehun hopes to see again once the Kims left his residence.

“Of course. Now you three have to keep from the kitchen. I’ll be done in an hour and a half, or so. So please bare with me,” Seulgi was excited to be able to cook here.

“Yes ma’am! See you then,” Sehun laughed, walking out the kitchen and toward his son’s play room.

 

 

An hour and forty-five minutes passed by the time Seulgi had finished. She looked at the food set on the table for all four to enjoy. “Ah, Seulgi! You did so well,” she had praised herself.

Seulgi walked to the sound of giggles and laughter from the kids, opening the door to the said playroom seeing Sehun tickling both Jihun and Yeseul.

“Okay!!! You win daddy!” Jihun said in between his laughing, tears falling down his face.

Yeseul looked up at her mom at the door, “Mommy! Help!”

Sehun chuckled, as he turned his attention to Seulgi, “Don’t you dare try to stop me or I’ll tickle you.”

Seulgi raised both her arms up, “Nope, not going to even stop you,” she laughed.

By the time Sehun had stopped tickling the two little ones, they had tears streaming down their faces from laughing too much.

“AH, mommy! Why didn’t you help?!” Yeseul whines, as she laughed the few little laughter’s she had left.

“Sorry, baby. I was not going to get myself into that,” She replied honestly.

“Daddy is cruel!” Jihun, pouted.

Sehun smiled, “I guess so. But I did win.”

“You guys are silly,” Seulgi commented, “Anyways, the food is done, so let’s eat!”

The three cheered before getting up and going to the dining room.

Seulgi shook her head, smiling as she followed behind.

 

“Oh my goodness, this is so good Mrs. Kim!” Jihun beamed, as he ate some Dakkochi.

“I’m glad you like it, Jihunnie. And please just call me Seulgi, sweetie. Or Auntie,” Seulgi said, ruffling the child’s black locks.

“Seulgi auntie, can we hire you as our cook? Daddy has decent amount of money!” Jihun asked. He has now made a liking to Seulgi’s cooking.

“Hey now, son,” Sehun shook his head, as Seulgi and Yeseul laughed, “let’s not ask or say such things. Plus, she’s busy with taking care of Yeseul and her husband… so she wouldn’t be able to be our chef.”

Jihun pouted, “But her food is sooooo amazing. Daddy why can’t you cook as amazing as this?”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Her food isn’t that amazing.”

“Then maybe you shouldn’t eat,” Seulgi smirked, taking away the  bowl in front of Sehun.

“Ah, wait… No. I mean, it’s not that it’s average either,” Sehun said as gently took the bowl away from Seulgi’s hand.

“That’s what I thought,” Seulgi giggled.

“Mommy, use to always cook a feast but since it’s just the two of use, she doesn’t cook as much,” Yeseul admitted, pouting.

“Just you two? But daddy just said…” Jihun was about to finish his sentence before Sehun cut him off.

“So what movie would you guys like to watch after dinner?”

“Frozen!” Yeseul had said.

“Minions!” Jihun said at the same time.

Seulgi and Sehun smiled, “Let’s settle this by playing paper, rock, scissors.”

So Jihun and Yeseul got up from their chairs, walking to each other, backs facing each other.

“On the count of three, you will raise up your hands with your choice, okay?” Seulgi informed.

“Okay~” The two little ones sang.

“1…2…3!”

Jihun shot up rock as Yeseul shot up scissors. The two looked up and not a second after, Jihun jumped up and down in victory.

“Ugh! I should’ve went with rock,” Yeseul whines, as she sat back down in her chair.

“Too bad you didn’t,” Jihun giggled.

Seulgi laughed, “It’s okay sweetie.  We’ll watch Frozen afterwards.”

“Yeah, Frozen will be our second movie, okay? So stop pouting,” Sehun tried cheering up the little girl beside him.

“Alright,” Yeseul nodded, will a smile.

“Now let’s finish up.”

 

Once dinner was over, they moved to the living room to watch Minions. After twenty minutes into the movie, the two little ones had dozed off. It was 9:50 and today had been a long day for both families.

“Aww they both fell asleep,” Seulgi whispered, as she caressed her daughter’s hair, laying her head on her lap.

Sehun laid his son’s head on his lap, nodding, “They must’ve been tired.”

“Maybe it’s time that I leave. It’s already late,” Seulgi looked at her wrist watch.

“No, stay. I’ll drive you home but after this movie is done,” Sehun suggested.

“But you’ll-“

“No buts. It’s fine.”

“Alright,” Seulgi said, as she scooted over a bit to give her daughter some space to lay her legs.

They kept quiet for a few minutes after, just watching the movie until Sehun spoke up again. “So, your husband….”

“I know what you’re going to ask and no, he did not leave me… he passed away a few months ago,” Seulgi answered his unfinished questioned. She knew he was going to ask so she had prepared herself to answer.

“I’m sorry about that. It must’ve been hard for you two,” Sehun said quietly, as he turned to look at Seulgi.

“It was emotionally hard for us. He was everything to us. He was a wonderful husband and dad,” Seulgi smiled sadly, as she looked at Sehun.

Sehun bit his lip, “I feel your pain. Despite my situation being different, I still feel it. Being a single parent is tough.”

“It really is but you got to keep going not for yourself but for your child too,” Seulgi said, turning back to the screen.

“Life will get better again though,” Sehun added.

“I agree.”

The two stopped talking after that, focusing back on the movie. Once the movie was coming to an end, Sehun felt a small weight on his shoulder. He turned his head to see Seulgi’s head against his shoulder. Sehun chuckled, “She must’ve been tired as well.”

It was now 10:47.

Sehun gently moved Seulgi’s head to rest against the couch. He got up and carried his son into his embrace walking to Jihun’s room to put him to bed. He kissed the said boy on the forehead before whispering a “Good night.”

Walking back into the living room, Sehun had decided that he did not want to wake Seulgi up and decided to let the mother-daughter duo sleep over. Yes it may be strange to let semi-strangers sleep in his house but he somehow felt that he had grown closer to her by the very little time they had spent together.

Sehun gently picked up Yeseul, shushing her back to sleep as she whines, clinging her arms around Sehun’s neck as she went back to sleep. He walked into his room and placed her on his king sized mattress. After situating the little girl, he went back to the living room. Sehun gently picked Seulgi up bridal style and walked back into his room. She did not weigh much and that surprised Sehun. Jihun’s mother was not as light as Seulgi but she did not weigh a whole bunch either. Sehun took mental note of that. He laid her on the soft mattress, covering her up with the cover. He made sure the two were nicely tucked in before he whispered a good night, leaving the room.

Sehun took the couch, being the gentleman he was. Today was an adventure for him and Jihun. It was good though. He felt happy to have a little change in his life after what happened today. Seulgi and Yeseul were amazing company. Maybe the two would bring good to Jihun since Jihun has been feeling lonely without much company, aside from his nanny and himself. Sehun was slowly drifting off to sleep, with a small smile on his face.

 

 


July 3, 2017

This weekend was busy! >< But here is the update! Sehun is so caring and nice<3 They all are. So now you know that both are single parents ;;3 Jihun's mother left the two and YeSeul's dad, Seulgi's husband passed away. The next two chapters wil idividually be about the two familes, so look forward to know about them :) I may add a few EXO members in but they won't be major. I'll defentifly add Wendy :P Anyways, thank you all who have subscribed to this story! I hope you enjoy it<3 There will be other stories I will be posting and yes it will be Seulgi X an EXO member (Sehun, Kai, Baekhyun, or Chanyeol... maybe Lay too?)