Calling you

Calling you

'Why~ Why you leave me alone baaaby!~'

Hyunseung was laying in his bed awake when his mobile phone rang.

'I’m still still looooviiing you~'

"Who the calls me at this hour" He thought while ignoring the phone and going back to trying to fall asleep.

'neon jigeum nareul dugo tteonagajimaaaaan haengbokhagil baaaraaalgeeee~'

"wow I really should change my ring tone, why did I choose that ing song in the first place?" Hyunseung mumbled to himself while half asleep picking up his phone from the table beside his bed.

He checked who it was 'unknown number', he signed deciding to accept the call.

'What do you want' he said to the phone sheepishly and on a obviously irritated tone.

'I'm sorry for calling you so late.... to be honest I haven't really figured out what to say to you yet..' was the answer he got.

'who are you?' Hyunseung said, still a bit irritated. Although he recognised the voice immediately he still hoped that he had it wrong and that maybe the low voice he heard from the other side of the phone belonged to someone else. Someone he didn't know.

'Can't you recognise my voice anymore, did you already forget about me?' sounded from the phone.

Well Hyunseung couldn't deny it anymore the voice unmistakably belonged his ex-boyfriend although his voice sounded a bit more hoarse than he was used to.

He doubted for a moment if he should just hang up right now, it would have been better honestly but he couldn't.

Since he didn't respond the man on the other side started talking again. '..your calling ring hasn't changed... my feelings for you haven't changed either'

", how am I supposed to respond to that" was what Hyunseung thought, he hesitated before speaking again. 'Yong Junhyung, are you drunk?'

'Oh, so you do remember my name, You know I really do like the sound of your voice calling my name'

Hyunseung sighed "why didn't he just hang up". He asked again this time raising his voice a bit 'Are you ing drunk?'

'I'm a little tipsy but I'm thinking straight' was the response he got.

Hyunseung really didn't know what to do or think anymore, He didn't want this man, this man he used to love (maybe even still loved, but he won't admit that) to continue talking, he didn't want to hear his voice but he couldn't say anything, nor could he hang up.

Junhyungs voice broke the silence again. 'Since you're not answering I'll just keep talking... I know that when I wake up tomorrow I'll regret I did this but I really wanted to call you. You know I tried to forget you I did a lot of stuff I started drinking and smo..

'Junhyung...'

Hyunseung finally got himself to say something. He didn't want to hear what Junhyung did, or how he's been. He didn't want to think about what he looked like now, if he still had his beautiful black hair, or if he had dyed it (like Hyunseung did with his own hair after the break up). He didn't want to know if he still had that same look in his eyes like he always had when Hyunseung looked at him while laying in bed. He didn't want to know if he still smiled that same beautiful smile.

' I only got drunk in the hope to forget you, but here I am calling you it's funny, isn't it?' Junhyung said, followed by a small laugh.

Hyunseung stopped his train of thoughts after hearing Junhyungs voice, his laugh still sounded as dry as ever, not like he cared what his laugh sounded like.

'You know I thought that if I worked a lot I would be okay, but I can't focus at all, I just keep wondering about what you're doing now'

Hyunseung finally realised he was lying to himself, he took a deep breath and replied.

'To be honest I really missed you to, The whole breakup thing was just bull anyway, I'm sorry I didn't speak to you anymore I just thought that maybe you where okay with things the way they where and that you really didn't want to see me anymore.'

'Hahaha, really?'

'What's so funny?' Hyunseung said, but to be honest Junhyungs laugh didn't sound like he was amused at all, more like he was sad.

'I never said that I missed you, I was just wondering about you, Just curious, don't get me wrong. I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing great, I wasn't expecting you to really care and definitely not that you actually want me back.

Hyunseung noticed how Junhyungs tone suddenly changed from the ious conversation and it really pissed him off, why can't that idiot just be honest. 'The you idiot, don't pretend like you're not missing me all of a sudden, why else would you call me at ing 3 AM?'

'Wow Hyunseung chill' Was Junhyungs reply, he continued talking 'where are you now? inside your new apartment? or are you outside right now? don't forget to where warm clothes, it's cold outside. Do you even have proper winter clothes? I remember you lost your leather jacket last year, did you buy a new one?'

Junhyungs sudden worrying about him caught Hyunseung off guard 'Don't worry I'm inside my apartment, you know I don't like going outside when it's cold'

 

'I just thought that maybe you had changed'

Something about the sad tone in which Junhyung said these words made Hyunseung realise what he was trying to do 'Don't try to change the topic, you '

'Still as observant as ever' Junhyung mumbled in a sarcastic tone 'I wonder if you still look the same, didn't you dye your hair ?'

'None of your business... Hey! you're doing it again! I'm going to end this call' Hyunseung said

As he was pressing the red button on his phone he could just hear the younger say. 'I'm sorry I just can't admit how much I miss you, it kills me' before he ended the call.

 

 

 

Junhyung was standing in a light blue telephone booth at a street corner in the inner city of Seoul. His head hurt from the glasses of liquor he just had. But he could handle alcohol very well so maybe the headache was because of something else.

What was much worse than the pain in his head was the feeling he had in his chest after Hyunseung hung up. He didn't even know why he called the boy in the first place. It's not like he still cares about him or something like that. He just wanted to know how he was doing. Yeah that was what it was, just wanting to talk to an old 'friend'.

He slapped himself in the face. He wasn't sure if it was to wake him up from his stupid thoughts or to not feel the pain in his heart when he used the word 'friend'.


Because to be honest Yong Junhyung and Jang Hyunseung where never friends. From the first moment they met until the last moment they saw each other, and probably even now, they where lovers. There was no denying it (although they are both stubborn enough to try). But as expected things didn't work out for multiple reasons. Maybe both of them where just to young, or maybe the people around them where just to stupid.

After the phone call ended Junhyung just stood still in the phone booth for a while he thought some more about the conversation he just had. He was standing there for almost half a hour, not smoking, not drinking, just thinking. After coming to the conclusion that even if he still wanted to be with Hyunseung (which he knew he wanted and should stop denying to himself) he already ruined the last change he got by that stupid phone call. He started to head home, but when the phone booths where almost out of sight he noticed something.

 

 

After pretending to try and fall asleep but actually not really trying at all for about 20 minutes, Hyunseung gave up. He stepped out of bed put on a pair of ripped jeans with a plain black T-shirt and walked out the door of his crappy apartment. He didn't really know where to go or what he was going to do. All he knew was that he was going to end the reason for his sleepless nights, the worry.

Although Junhyung was only a few months younger than him (and they weren't together anymore) he still felt worried. He knew the man liked to drink and smoke, especially when he felt down (which was surprisingly often for someone as easily amused and satisfied as him). After getting the call in the middle of the night Hyunseung realised something, he realised that no matter how stupid, ty and reckless Junhyung could be, He wasn't over him, He never would be. He needed him. He didn't know why it was him that he needed but that's the way it is. And he was pretty sure Junhyung needed him too, even if he said he didn't want anybody he still needed somebody.

After strolling through Seoul city for a few minutes Hyunseung saw a set of three light blue phone booth at the other side of the street was a café that was still open, serving a few drunk costumers. Hyunseung smirked a little as he thought about the possibillty of Junhyung drinking some strong alcohol there and than making his way to the phone booths to call him.

As he started walking into the street the wind blew and Hyunseung shivered a little from the sudden cold, and that he probably should have worn something warmer. He noticed the smell of liquor as he felt someone putting a black denim jacket over his shoulders.

 

 

Junhyung almost didn't recognise him, unlike himself Hyunseung really changed a lot, he dyed his hair a red colour (maybe even orange or pink, he couldn't tell in the street light) and his hair got a bit longer, he also looked thinner, what made it the hardest to recognise him was how tired he looked. But there was no mistaking that it was Hyunseung. Junhyung laughed a little as he thought to himself "so I do have one more chance, fortunately I've always been better in real conversations than in phone calls". He took of his jacket and approached the older boy, he really was happy to see him again but he would never admit to himself how happy that really was.

 

 

'Didn't I tell you to wear warm clothes when going outside'

Hyunseung turned around, meeting a guy with the same dark hair he remembered so well, smiling that same beautiful smile and he starred into those deep dark eyes that hadn't changed a bit since he last saw them.

After analysing each other's faces both looking for every tiny detail that might have changed. They stared into the others eyes for just a few seconds till they both couldn't stand it any longer and their lips met.

 

 

Junhyung woke up the next morning in his bed like he usually would, but what was different is that he didn't have a headache and that he clearly remembered everything that happened last night and he didn't regret dialling the only phone number that he still remembered. He smiled to himself and whispered 'I'm sorry for calling you that late, I was a bit drunk, but my mind was clear' to the older red-haired boy laying next to him.