Music To My Ears

Chanyeol & Rose: Music to My Ears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He bit his lips as hard as he could to stop himself from wincing, constantly reminding himself how utterly stupid he was for wanting to run towards poor Jungkook and ripping the lad's head off. The boy was a lovely and respectful hoobae with pure talent; yet right now the fact that the boy was similar to Rosé in music taste, or the fact that they both cover English songs flawlessly seemed to irk him so much, his right eye muscle twitched as both eyes narrow. The boy was conversing to her in a shy and adoring manner that got him slightly sick, watching her as she chatted back happily, completely oblivious of dancing hearts shooting out of Jungkook's eyes.

"Stay away from him!"

"Get away from her!"

The words that screamed inside Chanyeol's pounding head. he hated the feeling of wanting to shrink inside his shell of insecurity and lovesick-ness. He had never been so doubtful about himself before she waltzed into his perfect idol life with that guitar and that angelic voice of hers. he knew she was YG, the company known for prioritizing talent over looks and he was well, an SM representative. Not that SM doesn't produce talented individuals, it's just that it was undeniable how his company was her's opposite, looks first, talent comes after. he knew that his singing voice was nothing special, and his rapping, even though he put in constant effort; he couldn't deny that there were so many idols out there with way better rapping skills. Hell, YG was known for producing the best rappers. Members from WINNER or IKON from her company were all probably way better than he could ever be. He acknowledged his good looks and was always genuinely proud of it, but watching her talking to that Jungkook boy made him want to go to the nearest mirror to check his face features. What if she's only into cute boys with bunny smiles and youthful puppy eyes? 

"Shut up Park Chanyeol, your mother blessed you with good looks, and looks aren't everything."

 His mind screamed to him again, words of desperate comfort. She was all slender and strawberry blonde, wrapped up with leather skirt and white t-shirt tucked in to show off her hand-span waist. She screamed "fragile" in all direction, like a porcelain doll made to be protected and cherished. Jungkook was perfect for her was he not? Tall as him, with strong and muscular body-build that compliments her fragility yet, somehow he knew, he knew he'd look so much better by her side. Staring at her like this, it brought him back to a whirl of memories and vintage shades where they got to know each other better, where he hoped for more between them, where so many unspoken things haunted him that it hurts his chest to sleep at night.

~1 Week before SBS Gayo Daejun~

"Which way is right, which way is wrong,

How do I say that I need to move on?

You know we're heading separate ways. "

The way she held on to the last note was perfection; the song ended and her shy demeanor took over the confidence and swag that she had while singing. She covered her blushing face and chuckled, as if embarrassed of her own talent. He was in awe. This girl was just a rookie and she has the voice and techniques of a 2 years or more debuted idol, impressive was an understatement. 

"Anyeong Rosé-ssi, may I have your LINE?" 

He approached her, purely for professional purpose of course, but it didn't stop his heart from beating in tango beats. She smiled that glorious smile that shines with innocence, aegyo-sal under her eyes crinkling and her rosy cheeks round and puffed up looking like a child in front of a sweetshop. Except, can a person also manage to look like a sugar treat herself?

"Sure sunbaenim." 

Her voice was small and cute and exploding of inner aegyo. He nearly choked on his saliva trying to swallow a little too hard; she was so damn irresistibly cute it was torture.

"Let's speak comfortably Rosé, you may address me as oppa." 

He wanted to hear that coming from her, many girls called him oppa before yet this one was the only one that matters. 

"Mianhae sunbae... My company will not allow me to address older idols from other companies, especially of the opposite gender comfortably..."

Her eyes showed her genuine apology and he swallowed hard, this time in bitter disappointment. Why on earth is YG so harsh on their newly debuted idols? 

"Anniyo, gwenchana, but is it alright if I address you as Chaeyoung? It is your name isn't it?"

He tried again and received another heart-melting smile from her as she nodded enthusiastically.

"Neh sunbae, please take care of me."

She said the last part shyly, strawberry blonde hair framing her flaming face as she looked down to her boots, he couldn't help but chuckle. She didn't know that he'd be more than willing, as she put it, to "take care" of her.

"Of course, you are my hooba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter