1/1

When Love Calls

He was a left groom, no not a runaway groom. His fiancé for three years, his soon to be wife runaway. Why? He doesn’t know. He has everything. Fame, intelligence, money, it was all with him.

He was the man every girl dreamt of. He doesn’t know what happened. Wedding was all set. Everything went on well but when the time came, no bride showed up. He waited. Waited for too long. Until his supposed mother in law came in rushing tears flowing from her eyes as she started telling him that they couldn’t find his bride. They look for her everywhere in the villa he rented but she was nowhere to be found. No trace, no words. She just left.

He was stunned. He refused to believe that it all happened. He just stand in the altar, blankly staring at the church’s door patiently waiting for her. Maybe she just wanted to have her grandest entrance. He shook his head when seconds turns to minutes. Everyone started murmuring, he looked around and saw the people’s eyes looking at him with pity.

He doesn’t know what to do or say. He had never been into a situation when he was way too embarrassed. This is a wedding everyone was waiting. It was well publicized. Everyone in the industry he was moving to was looking forward to it.

They waited, for almost thirty minutes, they waited. But nothing happened. No bride showed up.

He started pacing out big time. He doesn’t know how it all happened, he just realized that everyone inside the church started to walk out with whispers left lingering in his ears. He was left with his parents and his groomsmen. He was shedding tears. His mom, (he was a mommy’s boy) was consoling him asking him to stop crying and that they need to go home. It took him hours, two hours to be exact before he got himself together. The moment he got home, he drown himself in alcohol and he stopped going out. You see rumors of him being left during his much awaited wedding surfaced easily and stays in the news for the longest time.

He was the bachelor everyone wanted, yet he was left behind? How silly that was, right?

 

After a few months of him being in the state of self-pity, he decided to go and face the world again. He started to take over his father’s position in their well-known trading and garments factory. He was the strictest among the strict. He was one of the most hated person in their company.

He was a changed person. Before, when everything is good he was one of the friendliest person in their company. The saying “pain changes people” was way too applicable for him. He had been into so much pain and it changed him.

Well not until he accidentally bumped to someone. He was way too busy reading emails on his phone when a new employee (he supposed) who seems to be in a rush when they bumped to each other. For the past 9 months of him being the acting company president, he had never seen the person whom he bumped to. She was like an angel from above. Her shy smile brings heaven. Her beautiful hair flows beautifully when air hits it, it’s like dancing.

The way she said ‘sorry’ was way too sweet to his ear. Though inappropriate, though it was against the code of conduct, he can’t stop but stare at her for too long that made the latter blush.

“Oh, it’s okay.”

            He said. The girl smiled widely and bowed. She was about to walk away but he suddenly stopped her.

“May I help you with anything?”

She politely asked. He shook his head, looked at her closely and asked her back;

“Are you new here?”

“If 6months is considered new then I am.”

She smiled as she joked. That remark makes him laugh and introduced himself to the beautiful girl.

“I haven’t seen you around though. Choi Minho by the way.”

The moment the beautiful girl heard his name, she suddenly felt embarrassed, like she was casually talking to the incoming president of their company. Then she hurriedly said;

“Oh my gosh! Mr. President! I’m so sorry for talking too casually! I didn’t know. Lee Taemin from the marketing department. It’s so nice to finally meet you personally.”

He hummed and smiled. For the first time after 9 months in his stay in the company, he finally smiled.

“Oh, Mr. President! Your smile is so endearing!”

“Do I just smiled?”

He asked. Taemin just simply nodded. He chuckled and politely asked Taemin to go back to work. When the beautiful Taemin was out of his sight, he gets inside his office and called his assistant to talk about Taemin.

“Do you know Lee Taemin from marketing department?”

“Of course! She’s the newbie every man in the company is talking about! She looks good. Why?”

            “Nothing. I just bumped to her a few minutes back. It was my first time seeing her here.”

His assistant laughed and bluntly said,

“That’s because you never go out of your office!”

“You know I am always busy, Dongho!”

“Shut up, moron! You just don’t like everyone to see your face!”

Dongho paused then suddenly told Minho;

“You hate going out coz you don’t want someone affect you heart.”

“Oh shut up!”

Minho hissed. Dongho laughed and telling that he has to move on and love again. Minho just shrugged off his shoulders. It had been almost a year but the pain still lingers in his heart. It was still fresh that it still brings pains to his heart.

Dongho started throwing him sermon. His assistant was one of his closest friend, in fact Dongho was one of his best men on his ruined wedding.

They were exchanging words when he suddenly asked Dongho;

“Were you getting tired being my assistant and at the same time the head of finance?”

Dongho suddenly laughed then said;

“You’re thinking of having an executive secretary, are you?”

Minho was taken aback from Dongho’s sudden question. He just kept quiet and pretended to be busy by reading some papers lying on his desk. Then Dongho asked again;

“Do you have someone in mind?”

“Well---”

“Or do you want me to assign Lee Taemin as your executive secretary? How’s that sound?”

“Can you just shut your mouth Shin Dongho? I was just being so cautious about you being tired having lots of work, you know?”

Dongho just rolled his eyes and simply said;

“Well, since you bring that up I’d be honest. I’m getting tired.”

“Then look for someone who could be my executive secretary then.”

Minho’s assistant smiled and simply said that he’d contact the head of the marketing department to pull out Taemin from the department and have an interview with him.

 

Come Monday, Taemin was sitting and patiently waiting outside Minho’s office. She was shocked when she heard that she will be interviewed to be the company’s president’s executive assistant. Most of the senior employees longed to be the president’s executive secretary but she was picked. Though she wanna know the reason why, she just gave in and she’ll give it a try.

“Get in, Lee Taemin!”

Dongho called her attention. She stood up; shyly bowed and timidly gets inside the president’s office. No one aside from Dongho often gets inside the said office and she was awed on how the office looks like. It was too masculine and too powerful.

Minho was busy signing thick papers the moment Taemin gets near him;

“Good morning, Mr. President.”

She politely greeted. From signing, Minho rose his head and looked at Taemin. He gestures Taemin to seat and ordered Dongho to bring snacks.

“Breath.”

Minho said. Taemin smiled and stammered;

“Ye---yes, president.”

Minho for the second time after getting hurt almost a year ago laughed and told her;

“Loosen up, Taemin. I’m not gonna eat you alive.”

The beautiful girl smiled as their snacks were served. Minho then told her to introduce herself.

Taemin supplied all the necessary details Minho wanted to know (well, based on her thoughts though.)

The president was just humming as he was going through her resume. Gathering some odd courage she shyly asked why she was chosen to be his executive secretary. Minho just looked at him and told her the reason why she was on the top list.

“Dongho looked and studied your performance the past six months. He was awed and he told me that your efficiency can meet my standards.”

“Thank you for that Mr. President. I’ll try to live and meet your expectations.”

Taemin said. Minho just smiled and told her to get her things and place it on the cubicle Dongho left.

Everything went well for Taemin though there are rumors that she seduced Minho to be his executive secretary. She just let it slide. She knows the real deal. If she’d make that issue a big deal everyone might think it was true. What’s going between her and Minho was purely business. That’s what Taemin thought.

Minho’s heart, was slowly beating so fast whenever Taemin smiled at him, with a simple brush of her hands sends shivers down Minho’s spine. He doesn’t see it coming but Taemin is giving him the effect he never felt even when he was still with his ex-fiancé.

When he wasn’t unsure of what he was feeling, he went out with his friends in one of the most famous hang out bar in their street.

“It’s so ing nice to see you, Choi!”

Onew; one of his college classmate in college of business and finance greeted him sitting in front of him and Dongho.

“How’s life going, Mr. Lee Jinki?”

Minho greeted back. Onew showed his famous sunshiny smile and said sitting down in front of Minho, Jonghyun; a famous solo artist who was busy tapping his very worn out Samsung phone and Dongho who was blankly staring at Minho who was just greeting the late comer.

“Been good.  My Eunsookie is growing beautifully just like her mom. You should go move on and settle down, Choi. Things will get better if you have someone to go home to, a little ball of sunshine that’ll ease your tiredness away.”

Onew said sipping the coffee that was ordered for him ahead of time. He loves coffee. But not too hot and not that cold he love it warm. As warm as his smile.

Jonghyun chuckled; shook his head and placed his phone on the table saying;

“That’s what Dongho and I have been telling him every time. All of us were married but him. You’re the first one to plan on getting married and yet---”

“You know what happened.”

Minho cut off Jonghyun’s words. The latter chuckled and just rolled his eyes as if mocking the tall man. They started talking on how Onew was coping up with his sudden marriage with Jonghyun’s personal photographer, Abie. Onew’s face reddened and he shyly said how he falls for her every passing day. They talked about life then Jonghyun asked,

“There’s no one who caught your attention? Dongho often tell me how beautiful those female employees of yours!”

 

Minho sighed then started opening up regarding his feelings towards Taemin which of course he kept her identity a secret.

“You know, I’m having this feelings towards someone. I feel so uneasy in a good way whenever she’s around I mean----”

“Finally!”

The trio hissed loudly drawing everybody’s attention to them. But they don’t give a damn. Minho, who was into the phase of moving on for the past months, is now opening up his heart makes them the happiest men alive.

“Who was she?”

“Is she pretty?”

“Are you seeing her walking down the altar for you?”

The trio asked, Minho just simply smiled and bit his lips. Then suddenly, the three high fived and said;

“Damn, Choi! You’re ing in love! Congrats!”

“I don’t know. I’m not yet ready for---”

“Shut the hell up, moron! You are more than ready. You’re just scared.”

Jonghyun said and start munching his blueberry cheesecake. The two nodded and Onew added,

“Shorty’s right. You’re ready to love and be love again. You’re just way too scared to get hurt the way you’ve been hurt before.”

“I don’t know. I wanna be with her. But the people might think she---”

“Why care about everyone? They are nothing but abnormal critics. They won’t run your lives. Love her like you’ve never love before!”

Onew said. After a while Dongho asked who the lucky was. Minho was not opting to tell them Taemin’s name but she was walking on the hallway.

“Taemin----”

“You like Taemin?! Lee Taemin?!”

Dongho hissed making the beautiful Taemin look at their side and smiled at the blushing Minho. Taemin beautifully smiled at Minho who just made the latter felt hotter. The trio looked at each other and smirked as if they were saying that they already know who the person Minho was talking about.

Taemin politely bowed and greeted Minho that made his friends nudge each other;

“Good to see you here, Minho.”

Dongho raised his brow. Taemin is just addressing the company’s president by his first name? That was kinda absurd. Minho never allow anyone except from him inside the company to be called first name basis. Is he missing something?

“Nice to see you too. Who’s with you?”

Minho asked. Taemin just smiled and told him she’s alone. Though protesting, Minho can’t do anything but move aside to accompany Taemin who was asked by Onew to join them. They (the trio) started to interrogate Taemin making the tall man felt         embarrassed but Taemin answered politely.

“Do you have someone special, Taemin?”

“I’m single.”

“And ready to mingle, I believe?”

Jonghyun asked the now blushing Taemin. Minho felt bad on how the conversation is going so he said stopping his friends.

“Come on, stop asking her personal questions.”

“We’re just curious, man.”

Minho just rolled his eyes and took out his phone to text Taemin.                           

Minho: ‘sorry about them.’

Taemin: ‘it’s okay. They’re fun!’

Minho: ‘abnormal pals.’

Taemin: ‘they’re your friends though.’

Minho: ‘I’m the most normal among us. :)’

Taemin laughed. That gained everyone’s attention. She hid her face on her bangs and nudged Minho’s thighs by hers. Minho looked at her intently and smiled, the look he gave Taemin is a look only a man in love will give. The way he looked at Taemin seems like they’re the only person in the world.

Onew tried to get Jonghyun and Dongho’s attention showing them how sticky Minho stares was. From there and then, they knew that Taemin won their friend’s heart and damn that made them happy.

 

After early dinner, when Jonghyun’s manager pick him up for a late night radio guesting. Onew too said he had to go since his princess is waiting at home. Dongho had to pick his wife and his son on his in laws so Minho was left with Taemin.

The two ordered another cup of coffee and talked about things that was not concerning works. They were having so much fun that they didn’t notice it was already 9pm.

“We better go home. It’s kinda late.”

Minho said, ushering Taemin out of the resto. Though Taemin was insisting that she’ll just take the cab, Minho almost threw her inside his car.

There is actually a reason why Taemin doesn’t want Minho to drive her home, her parents knew that she’d meet her suitor that she’ll eventually accept his love. But that’s a lie. She just wanted to go out of their house coz it seems so stuffy since she was the oldest of three siblings yet she was not yet married or better yet, she doesn’t have a boyfriend and her parents were pressuring her.

She felt so nervous and was telling Minho the direction to their house.

When they stopped in their neighborhood, Minho just like the gentleman that he was went of the car first and opened the door for Taemin. Taemin mumbled a small thanks and look at their garden where she finds her parents sitting on their garden table looking at them.

“I was not informed that quarter to ten is the new 8pm, Lee Taemin.”

Her father said rolling his eyes, walking towards the gate. Taemin kept quiet. It’s much better for her not to speak since she knows her father will not mind scolding her even if someone else is around.

“Sorry for bringing her late, Sir.”

Minho apologetically said bowing to Taemin’s father. Taemin bit her lips when she heard her father asked Minho;

“You must be Taemin’s boyfriend then?”

Minho looked at Taemin. She was shaking her head as if telling him to not make any mistake of telling her father that he was her boyfriend.

Taemin’s jaw almost dropped when Minho suddenly pulled her closer to him and sweetly said;

“I am. It’s so glad to see you sir.”

Her father for the very first time, smiled at someone who is a complete stranger to him. He opened the door wide for 2min. he was walking far from them;

“You don’t have to do that.”

Taemin said.

“I guess I have to. Your father is scary. Just play along.”

Minho told the worrying girl. They sat on the garden table and was served snacks by Taemin’s beautiful mother. Minho was being bombarded about questions regarding their relationship that he smoothly answered. He said they met at work, that he courted her for three months and that they became official just a week ago. Taemin was just mentally telling herself that she needed to thank Minho for saving her . When the clock ticks around 12, Minho decided to leave.

“I’ll walk you to the gate.”

Taemin said. She was shocked when he said;

“No need baby, I’ll be fine.”

The next thing Minho did shocked her. Yes, she may be attracted to Minho since the first time she bumped to him but she was not quite sure if Minho feels the same way. So when Minho sweetly kissed the corner of her lips, her heart beats fast.

“I’ll text you when I got home. I love you.”

“I love you too. Take care.”

Minho just smiled and bowed to Taemin’s parents and gets inside his car. Upon sitting on the car’s seat, he shouted. He felt so light. It’s so nice that he let out his feelings.

Smiling, he drive his way home. He took a quick shower and laid his body on the bed. He right away texted Taemin;

Minho: ‘I’m home. Sleep well.’

Taemin: ‘thank you, for saving me from my father. Sleep well too.’

Minho: ‘no worries, it’s fine.’

Taemin: ‘You better sleep, you have early meeting tomorrow.’

Minho: ‘thank you for reminding. See you at work’

Taemin smiled and was dumb folded when she received Minho’s text;

Minho: ‘Ich Liebe Dich’

Taemin didn’t understand what the hell is the meaning of that and she was way too sleepy to care.

It was so chaotic inside their house the next morning,            it was that chaotic everyday though. Her nephews and nieces were way too lazy to take a bath for school.

Like the usual, after taking a bath, she went down just wearing her undies under her pink bathrobe, she was yawning when she gets in the dining hall. Stretching her arms, she adjusted her vision and was damn shocked to see Minho on the table with her youngest nephew Eve on his lap feeding him;

“Minho?”

She called. Minho looked at her.  She blushed and was shocked when Minho stood up and kissed her again on the corner of her lips.

“Morning, baby.”

“Why are you here this early?”

She asked as she sat beside him;

“I was driving around the corner, so I decided to pick you up.”

“You should’ve texted me so that I can prepare earlier.”

Taemin said while getting some pancake on the plate. Minho laughed a little feeding Eve her dose of pancake and said that it wouldn’t be a surprise if he texted her. It was only 7am. Their work starts 9am. If Minho is not there, she’d still be doing her hair and her light make up. She wanted to always look good for him.

She was leisurely eating when her younger brother told her;

“Move faster, noona! Minho hyung will be late because of you!”

Rolling her eyes, she finished her pancake and excused herself. She hurriedly gets inside her room to prepare. She was muttering incoherent s while getting to her clacks and her simple white polo blouse.

‘He kissed me twice already! That moron. Does he like me? Does he know I like him?’

“Taemin! Get your move faster!”

Her mother shouted. She pouted and just put on her favorite shade of lipstick and her perfume. She hurriedly gets her bag and went out. Again, she found Minho playing with her twin nieces. Minho looks good with kids and she always thinks of Minho being the father of her kids.

“Baby, let’s go!”

She shyly said. Minho stood up and kissed the twins and the now sleeping Eve. He also politely bid his goodbye to her parents. They went out and gets to the car. They drove their way to the office quietly. When they were just a few blocks away from the main entrance, Taemin told Minho,

“I’ll walk from here.”

“Why walk if you’re already inside my car?”

“Everyone might think there is something going on between us. In case you don’t notice they were talking about how close we---”

Minho suddenly pressed his lips on Taemin’s and cupped her beautiful face.

“President Choi!”

Taemin hissed forgetting that Minho was the highest person in the company she works in. Minho boringly looked at her and said;

“Ich Liebe Dich, Taemin.”

“What are you saying?”

Taemin asked. Minho didn’t bother to answer, instead he called Dongho and said he will not be reporting to work and cancel all his appointments, his ex-assistant was asking about Taemin. He just said she called in sick. He turned off his phone and drive away;

“Where are you taking me?”

“Anywhere where no one knows us. Anywhere where no one will think you’re using me for your current position in the company.”

“I don’t get you.”

Minho stopped the car            near the gas station and held Taemin’s hands telling her;

“Ich Liebe Dich means I love you.”

“You love? Me?”

“I do. Ever since I first bumped to you. You woke up my heart. You brought joy to my sorrowful life. You made my gray called life a colorful one. I love you Taemin. That’s the reason why I introduced myself as your boyfriend. That’s the reason why I ---”

“I love you too.”

Taemin said then kissed Minho. Minho smiled at the kiss and hugged Taemin.

That marks their official relationship.

A month after, Minho’s family met Taemin and her family. Six months later, they had a simple yet very solemn wedding attended by their closest friends and family.

During the reception, Minho’s best friends went near him and started teasing him about how secretive he is on his moving on process. Minho just laughed hugging Taemin to his side and just said;

“When love calls through someone as beautiful as my wife, I can’t do anything but give in to it.”





►►Sorry for taking so long before i post it.

sorry if it was so lame.
it was un edited. :)
i do it in between training and work.

critisism is welcome :)
thanks! ♥
hugs and kisses

-jhay^^◄◄