final.

To be your prince...ss

Seulgi doesn’t know how to pretend she’s not bothered with Wendy’s probing stare, coughing into a hand as she turns away, hoping it’d help keep Wendy from asking.

But of course it doesn’t work.

Wendy’s touching her elbow, "…Seul, are you mad at me?"

Seulgi snorts, waving a hand, pretending she’s busy texting on her phone. She tries to make sure her voice doesn’t come off as anything but normal.

"No, why would I be?"

But Wendy’s always been intuitive with her.

"I don't know,” she can see Wendy shift to move beside her, feeling her bump her arm. “You've been acting weird since we finished filming for After School Club…"

Seulgi attempts her brightest smile, pearly whites peeking between her lips, cracking a grin and nudging Wendy in return. She hopes it does the trick – alleviate the suspicion off Wendy’s eyes.

"It's nothing,” she ruffles Wendy’s hair, “I'm fine, really."

She catches Wendy’s slow nod, a smile cracking against the corners of her lips. Seulgi’s glad. This’ll do.

For now.

"Okay then…"



Seulgi can’t hold it in anymore.

"UNNIE I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SANG SPRING LOVE TOGETHER EARLIER I HATE IT!!"

As expected, Irene’s not as bothered, flicking through the channels on the television, as if she’s used to this kind of behaviour from her.

"I know, I know. It was written all over your face earlier. We all saw it.” Irene’s voice almost sounds bored that it makes Seulgi want to shake her senseless for being so non-chalant about it. “…except Wendy."

Seulgi throws her hands up in the air, groaning at the lack of a more suitable reaction from the older woman.

"Ugh, that Eric Nam...” She’s ruffling her own hair, frustration oozing out of her bones. “I'm much more good looking than him though, right?” Seulgi catches Irene’s rolling eyes. “Right?"

Irene’s sighing.

"Obviously. Now stop thinking so much.” Seulgi suddenly wants to hug her, pouting when Irene shoves a hand in front of her, pausing her steps. “They're just friends, Seulgi. Nothing more,” Irene’s creeping smile makes Seulgi squirm, “…at least, not yet."

Seulgi hates the thought of it.

"WHAT!?” It’s as if her life’s flashing before her eyes, except it’s a movie reel of Wendy holding hands with Eric, “What do you mean ‘yet’?"

Irene hums, tapping a finger against her chin.

"I saw the way he looked at her and, well…” Irene’s leaning back against the sofa, as if to see her more clearly, “…let's just say my gut feeling is 98% accurate."

Suddenly a picture of Eric and Wendy kissing flashes across her mind’s eye, heart dropping the second their lips meet.

"Oh no no no no,” Seulgi begins to start pacing back and forth, hands on her head, words spilling like rapid fire. “He can't steal her away from me...” She’s trying to ignore the panic rising up her chest, rushing to plop down beside Irene, grabbing her shoulders. “I-I have to do something, unnie! Or else I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life!"

Irene’s mouth drops, as if to hang open.

"…Are you planning to murder him?"

Seulgi almost chokes at the question, shaking the older girl with a fury that has built up over the course of their conversation; an opportunity she uses to ease the green colouring her veins at the thought of Eric and Wendy being together.

Hugging and kissing with clothes being thrown to the floor and—

Seulgi feels despair crawling up at the vivid images, yelling so that it’d help get it all out – anything to ease the panic surging through her.

"UNNIE, ARE YOU CRAZY?! I’LL END UP IN JAIL!"

Irene’s gripping her hands, attempting to wrench her fingers off, feeling her trying to peel them from her shoulders. But Seulgi’s still struggling with the nerves in her limbs, unable to let go.

Eric and Wendy in the bedroom and—

Seulgi screeches at the thought, rattling Irene as if it’d help erase the picture entirely. Irene’s voice is jumping when she speaks.

"Okay okay, just – can you stop shaking me now?!” Irene’s shoving her hands off, combing her hair back, a sigh escaping her lips. But there’s a small smile that crawls in afterwards. “What are you planning to do, then?"

Seulgi rolls her eyes, crossing her arms, huffing as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Confess to Wendy, duh. But...” A sigh leaves her a moment later, curling her hair behind her ear. “…I don't know if she likes me back."

She doesn’t expect Irene’s deadpan voice, as if she were stating a fact, yelping at the older girl’s kick to her shin.

"Wow, you really are a dumb bear."

"H-Hey! That's not true!"

Irene snorts, as if to keep from laughing.

"Have you seen the way she looks at you? How she takes care of you? Even I can't do that for Joy."

Seulgi frowns, scratching her neck, bowing her head.

"But she's like that to everyone...” She rubs her elbow, doubt easily seeping into her mind. “…I'm not special or anything."

Irene’s scoffing, the sound making Seulgi look back up, meet her gaze; it’s more piercing than what she’s used to.

"Right, so she drinks banana strawberry smoothies, have ice cream dates and practice singing with everyone?"

Seulgi keeps mum, attempting to recall whether Wendy did any of those with the others. But nothing comes.

"And she hides behind everyone's shoulder when she's embarrassed or shy?” Irene’s nodding her head, a mocking smile painting her lips. “Of course, of course."

Seulgi kicks Irene’s foot, pouting at the older girl’s laughter. Geez, she’s such a jerk.

"...I hate you, unnie."

Her heart warms up faster than the blankets that cover her at night when Irene pats her leg, a smile carrying encouragements that it lifts the weights off her shoulders.

"Sure, you do. Now go confess before that Eric guy does."

When she stands, Seulgi rolls her eyes at the slap on her , a cheeky grin written on Irene’s lips. She’s gotten too used to her unnie’s signature touch of support that it doesn’t even surprise her anymore. She’s not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

"Fine...” Clutching the doorknob, Seulgi twists it open, stepping out into the hall, before yelling one last time. “THANKS UNNIE BUT I STILL HATE YOU BYE!"

She slams the door shut so she won’t have to hear Irene scold her back.

Plucking her phone out, scrolling through her contacts list until she finds Wendy, she hits ‘Call’ and listens to it ring.

--

Seulgi finds Wendy with their manager standing in line at a coffee shop. When Wendy meets her eyes, her heart leaps at the sight of Wendy waving at her.

It was simple, just a small show of greeting, but it carries more than anyone could ever know.

She pauses next to her, nudging her elbow.

"Hey Wan, can I talk to you for a sec?"

Seulgi smiles at the manager when she gives them the ‘OK’, guiding Wendy out of the line and into a corner table, away from curious eyes.

They stay standing because Wendy doesn’t take her offer to sit down and Seulgi’s nerves are crawling along her limbs again that she can’t keep still.

Wendy grasps her arm, as if to help her relax.

"What’s up, Seul? And why do you look so nervous?"

Seulgi shuffles her feet, scratching her neck.

"The other day, um, I lied."

Wendy’s tilting her head, the space between her brows crinkling.

"…What?"

Seulgi breathes in, attempting to calm the jitters along her fingers and ease the pounding in her chest.

"When you asked me if there was something wrong, and I said there was nothing, well…” She glances at Wendy’s curious eyes, noting the way she listens. “…I lied. I wasn't okay. I was upset."

Wendy’s shifting closer, her hands reaching out to cradle hers, Wendy’s fingers painting warmth against her skin. She looks lost – maybe even a little panicked, with the way her eyes have grown wider, a slight tremor colouring her lips.

"Upset? At me?"

Seulgi hurries to erase that thought from her mind, rubbing her thumbs across the back of Wendy’s hands, shaking her head.

"…At myself,” she watches the way their fingers tangle together, like they were each other’s lifeline. “For being a coward."

There’s a frown that begins to draw lines along Wendy’s lips, her brows furrowing, a question mark painting across her eyes.

It only makes her heart grow louder, pounding her ears, the noise making her dizzy.

"What are you saying, Seul?” Wendy’s reaching up, tucking a strand of hair that her touch gets Seulgi shuddering, even if it’s fleeting. “I don't understand."

"I…” Seulgi swallows, nervous for the truth that’s about to come out. It was now or never. “…I was jealous of Eric sunbae."

Her chest hurts – it’s just so loud.

"You were? Why?"

Seulgi hates the way her heart is still ramming against her ribcage, as if to break it open, her ears ringing at each throbbing sound. It’s annoying and it hurts and it’s only growing louder. She just wants it all to stop – along with every bit of envy green that still colours her veins, her lips stuttering apart that the words just spill through.

"Because he got a duet with you, sang with you, and even the music video was—“ Seulgi shuts her eyes at the memory, “…well, it's not like I watched it numerous times or anything.” She drifts her gaze to the side, unable to bear looking at Wendy anymore. “I couldn't watch it more than once because it just hurts to see it and – well, then we get a schedule to go on ASC and I knew that it would be a bad idea, especially since you have red hair now, and you look so much like Ariel…” Seulgi knows she’s rambling, but she can’t help it, syllables slipping through without any filter. “And everyone keeps saying he's Prince Eric and I just – I could be your prince too, you know? Prince Bear or something because—"

Her words finally stop, but it’s only because Wendy’s lips have pressed against hers and her touch pauses every bit of jealous green that streams through her limbs, along with the nerves in her heart.

Her ears aren’t ringing anymore.

 

When her mind finally registers the fact that Wendy is kissing her, it ends, feeling her pull away, but just enough so the syllables caress .

Seulgi shivers at the touch of Wendy’s breath on her lips.

"...Wan?"

Wendy’s giggles seep into her ears, curling in, a song better than any of the music she’s already listened to – and even for those she hasn’t heard.

"You were talking too much, Seul. I had to stop you before you hyperventilate or something."

Seulgi scratches at her cheek, a sheepish smile writing along .

"Sorry..."

Wendy’s shaking her head, squeezing her hand.

"No need. I get it.” Wendy’s chuckling, “Honestly, when our CEO told me I was going to have a duet with Eric sunbae, I declined."

Seulgi could feel her brows crinkle, a frown grasping her lips.

"You did? Why?"

Wendy hums.

"Because of…well, you.” Seulgi jumps at the knowledge, words about to spill from when Wendy hushes her with a smile. “I wanted my first official duet to be with you and no one else. But they kind of forced me to so I had no choice, and I'm sorry for that.” Wendy’s fiddling with her fingers, her skin still painting heat along Seulgi’s hands. “I like you, not him."

Seulgi is waving her hands, frantic to dismiss the apology still flickering in the air.

"It's okay! We're still young, we have plenty of time to get a duet together! And then—“ her words stop short, finally processing exactly what Wendy has just said. “Wait, what did you just say?!"

Wendy giggles.

"What did I just say, Seul?"

Seulgi can feel her lips tremor, her fingers beginning to shake again, but for a different reason entirely.

"…Y-You like me?"

Wendy nudges her arm.

"Yes? Isn't it obvious? I thought you knew..."

Seulgi bows her head, embarrassed at the realization that Irene was right. She shuffles her feet, kicking at air, mumbling at the truth that leaves her own mouth.

"…I'm kind of slow, remember?"

"Maybe a bit too slow..." Seulgi bumps Wendy’s leg in response, pouting at the sound of her laughter. "…But I still love you."

Seulgi huffs, letting their hands go, turning away and crossing her arms.

"You’re so cheesy."

Wendy’s prodding her back, feeling her chin settle on her shoulder.

"But you love it though. Don't deny it," When Seulgi refuses to budge, she can feel Wendy curl her arms around her, snuggling closer into the space that has always been reserved for her. "Come on, can we hug on it?"

Seulgi sighs, but she knew it would be inevitable. She has always been weak when it comes to Wendy. It doesn’t help that Wendy’s cuddling her, mirroring all the times she’d been embarrassed or shy – as if she finds comfort in holding her.

Feeling a surge of warmth cradle her heart, Seulgi spins to hold Wendy in return, pulling her closer, nuzzling into her neck.

It gives her a courage she’s not used to having, writing her diary along Wendy’s skin with her lips.

"I love you, Wan ah."

Seulgi smiles when she feels Wendy giggle, squeezing each other tighter together.

"I love you too, Seul."

 
 
--
Boo it's me again! My first wenseul shot hehe~ WILL WRITE MORE WENSEUL FOR SURE! Again, thank you @scarletstring for editing the whole thing for me T_T!!
Bye guys!