PTLL One

Pursuit to Lost Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Applause filled the air as one of Kim Jonghyun’s friends once again became tied to the binding act of marriage, the priest’s announcement of you may kiss your partner making him sigh. Damn, he really wants to experience all those romantic clichés.

“So, Jjong, how about you? When will you get married?” Changmin, one of his friends, asked, his closest friend, Jinki, snickering behind his glass of wine.

“I’m waiting for my soulmate.” The lone statement made some of his friends at their reserved table ooh dramatically.

“You mean that kid you promised the moon and stars with? Does he even still remember you?” He pointedly ignored Jinki’s remark. It’s not his fault that he only remembers the 'Bum' character of his beloved.

‘They talk as if it’s easy.’ Jonghyun thinks. It’s not his fault that he’s still waiting for him, that one boy whom he promised forever with. Even though he considers himself biual with a few number of girls he’d went out with, it’s not the same. Sure, he slept with some people sometimes but it’s not the same if it’s not the one you love. It will never be the same.

***

It was a typical Wednesday just like any other in Jonghyun’s office when his Mom walked in, grinning widely which is a little bit creepy in his opinion.

“Mom, what brought you here?” Jonghyun asks, standing up and kissing his mother’s cheek.

“I already found a perfect partner for your marriage interview!”

“Mom!” Jonghyun exclaimed, clearly scandalized. “I already told you I don’t want to get married yet.” Not until I found him.

“Oh, shush honey. You’re already twenty-five. You need someone to be there for you always!” His mother brushed him off, sitting at the couch conveniently placed at his office.

“Besides he’s a good boy, I’m sure you’ll learn to love him.”

“Him?” Jonghyun’s brow furrowed and his mother smiles teasingly.

“Don’t look at me like that. Don’t think I didn’t know your preference, honey. And besides, he’s from a good family. I think you surely remember him. You know, Key, from the same university you went to?”

“What?! Key?! You can’t be serious! I don’t want to marry that fat, pimpled-face stalker!” Jonghyun's splattered with a red face, voice growing louder at the end of his outburst.

Mrs. Kim eyed him seriously. "Kim Jonghyun. I did not raise you to be like that. And Key is not like all those things you've said. He's a good kid. And who knows, maybe you’ll learn to love each other after your marriage."

‘The only thing we’ll probably do is kill each other.’ Jonghyun thought to himself.

"Didn’t it occur to you that I’ll probably never love him? Mom, he's weird. He always follow me everywhere before. It's beyond obsessive, really." Jonghyun clicked his tongue, clearly opposed at the idea.

Mrs.

Please log in to read the full chapter