So much work, so little time

Help, or a distraction?

Sleep. Such a beautiful word, and something Kim Jonghyun longed for oh so much. Jonghyun stared down at the stack and stacks of papers on his desk that were waiting for his mighty hand to sign them. He wanted so bad to use them as a pillow, as he felt his eyelids get heavier and heavier. I shouldn’t, he thought I mustn’t. But before he could even finish his thought, his head hit the wooden desk with a soft Thud.

“Jonghyun,” someone said while tapping lightly at his shoulder. He didn’t move. “Jonghyun!” someone shouted while shaking his body. Jonghyun groaned, and opened his eyes against his will. Minho, his good friend, and colleague was staring own at him, worry evident in his frog like eyes. “You fell asleep again,” he said. “You don’t say” was all Jonghyun could reply. This had really happened one too many times, but then again, what could he do to stop it?

“You shouldn’t be overworking yourself like this Jong,” Minho said. Jonghyun sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “I know I know, but I don’t really have a choice now do I?” he replied, and put his head in his hands.

“Well maybe you do.” Jonghyun lifted his head and looked up at Minho. “What do you mean?” he asked him. “Why don’t you get an assistant? You’re allowed to have one don’t you?” Jonghyun gaped at him “You’ve got to be kidding me, why the hell didn’t I think of that before” Jonghyun suddenly got a need to punch himself in the face. Then reality hit him. “This is gonna take a lot of work thought,” he groaned. “Finding applicants, doing interviews, loads and loads of work that I don’t have time to do,” Jonghyun head hit the desk for a second time that day.

“Well I think I can help you with that as well” Minho said. “I have a friend who’s out of a job, and I know he would be perfect as your assistant,” Jonghyun lifted his head, however he didn’t feel any less despair. “Minho, you’re my friend and I love you, but I can’t hire someone just because they’re your friend,” Jonghyun stated matter of factly, but Minho didn’t seem like he was anywhere close to giving up. “Jong, come on please! Just give him a chance, I know he’s not going to disappoint you” Suddenly, frog eyes turned into puppy eyes, and Jonghyun could feel himself giving up.

“Ok ok, have him come in for an interview two days from now and I’ll consider it,” suddenly a strong pair of arms surrounded him body, crushing him in the process. “Thank you Hyung! You’re not gonna regret this, I promise” Minho let his body go, and started to make his way out of his office, but before he could leave, Jonghyun had a question for him. “Hey Minho. What’s his name?” Minho smiled at him before saying, “Key,”

 

 

________________

 

OK so I have been looking for a fic like this for ages, and I couldn't find one so I thought, "Hey I'll just write it myself" This is just an idea i had so I don't know wether it's good or not.

Also I don't know if I'm gonna continue this, so please comment if you want me to.

Lastly IF YOU KNOW OF FICS THAT ARE LIKE THIS LINK THEM TO ME BECAUSE THEY ARE MY KINK OK