Fourteen

Fourteen

Just like a feather, Irene floated like an angel.

 

She looked towards the sky, saying goodbye to her old home above the heavens. 

 

She has a duty to fulfill, a point to prove that an angel is reliable. 

 

Irene remembered the words of the father, who told her to be wary of the one she will watch over from today onwards. 

 

'She's a Hard Rock in many ways. Get thrown at or have a hard time moving it'

 

Irene thought to herself, it wouldn't be that bad, would it? After all, she's only fourteen years old. 

 

Irene landed through the roof the Kang's cozy home, setting her eyes at a girl that slept soundly under her blanket. So adorable. 

 

Irene studied her features, and felt herself already falling in love with the girl. As the duty of my kind, I will protect Seulgi from all bad things. 

 

She wanted to have a closer look at Seulgi, so she stepped forward. 

 

Irene raised her hands in surprise when she accidentally stepped on something. It vibrated, the sound slowly waking up the child.

 

Seulgi opened her eyes, and fell out of her bed. She picked up the on the floor, and soon Irene also heard footsteps threading by the door. 

 

"Seulgi it's time to wake up!" 

 

Irene widened her eyes. That's... that's! 

 

Seulgi turned off the in time and threw it inside her closet. 

 

Irene shook her head, remembering the father's words. 

 

"I will protect Seulgi from all bad things!"

 

For a moment, she thought Seulgi was staring at her mom when the door opened. But Irene heard something unexpected.

 

Seulgi pointed at her. "W-who are you?"