Smile. END

Over The Edge

One-Shot Wanna One Prompt  | Ahn Hyungseob x Joo Haknyeon |

★ ★ ★

          "We will now show the candidates for Top 11," Boa said. Hyungseob closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Hyungseob-ah..." he whispered to himself as he stared at the screen above. He took another breath, "It's over now..." he whispered to himself thinking he was the only one who heard, unknowingly Haknyeon lookedover to him in a worried expression, glancing at Samuel who was equally disappointed and to Hyungseob who was close to crying. He didn't mind that he wasn't included, besides with all the issue Haknyeon has to face he was a sure downer for the 11th slot.

Hyungseob flashed a smile for the camera like he was okay with it. He was feeling mixed emotions, hewas happy for everyone who are currently nominated for the 11th spot but he was more depressed, it was the end for him. He is still young, yes, but it will take more than forever before Yuehua will debut them. He visions it already having to be stuck for 10 more years in their practice room without the assurance of debuting.

"For the 11th spot, Ha Sungwoon!"Boa announced, Hyungseob again faked a smile and hugged Sungwoon congratulating him. The show continued and after a couple of minutes later it ended, all trainees went down and greeted each other. Surely, Hyungseob couldn't just go away that easily so he stayed until every greeting was done. The more he stays the more daggers his heart takes but he put up a front.

Ofcourse he still thanked his fans for all the hard work they've done in voting. It was a sincere smile to say the least but nonetheless the smile was still empty at some point. He dragged himself to the dressing room and changed to his casual clothes. Haknyeon was just a few meters away watching the boy's action. He knew there was something wrong but he couldn't think of a way to approach him without making him cry, so in the end he just watched. Hyungseob sighed for the nth time. "Hyungseob-ah~ We'll be going now, are you joining or are you staying to talk to the other guys?" Euiwoong asked not being aware of how his words basically added daggers to Hyungseob's heart. "Go now, I know you guys are already tired and you basicallyhave school tomorrow and Justin's basically underaged. Jungjung hyung and Seunghyuk hyung are probably tired with handling you two so you guys better get going. I'll just ask manager-nim to pick me up or maybe I'll go home alone," he explained with an empty smile. Haknyeon knew by the instant that Hyungseob was deeply discouraged with the results tonight and that empty smile said it all, sending a painfulstrike in his heart. "Okay, Just text me if ever okay?" Euiwoong said and gave Hyungseob's arm a light squeeze before dragging Jungjung away from Eunki.

Hyungseob closed his locker and took his bag walking towards the door with an empty face and an empty heart. He walks towards where his feet goes and it ended up on the venue's rooftop. Haknyeon followed him thinking it would be agreat chance to talk to him.

 

          Hyungseob stared in awe as he saw the city view, the bustling of cars and buses racing to their way home. He wished he was one of those people who comes back to their home but he couldn't. "I'm pretty useless right now," he muttered to himself, slowly one by one his tears where falling, racing on his cheeks and leaving wet trails on his face."I can't do it anymore," he said again and more tears fell down. His heart was aching, his mind was spinning and his body was lifeless. All those hardwork wasn't enough to make him debut. All those sleepless nights and all those times he only had 3 hours of sleep. The exhaustion of practicing non-stop, being called as talentless, ugly, useless and nuisance. He was scared to speak his mind because it will only lead him to more issues and more hate. He was scared, exhausted, empty and worried. He can't see his future anymore, it was the end. He knows even if the company gave them promises he knew he'll be out of the line up sooner or later, no one wants a talentless, ugly and useless person like him.

He took a small step forward, dropping his bag in the process. 'You're useless,' one step. 'You'reungrateful, people vote for you but you complain still,' two steps. 'You're ugly!' three more steps. He was thinking all those hurtful comments he saw, taking one step each reaching the end. He took a step upward, standing closely to the edge. He feels the air as tears stream down his face, he smiled again. Smiling like it was the last. All hardship, pains and hate will end here. Right now, on this building, everything ends here. He'll end his pain, he'll end everyone's pain.

With blurry eyes he stared again towards the city, taking baby steps to the edge, one more step he'll be falling. 'Just one more step' he thought to himself, placing his right foot on an empty space. Just as he was going to push himself, a strong arm took himand pulled him down, back to the ground hugging him tightly. Hyungseob was dumbfound, a familiar scent was all he took to recognize the person. "Don't..." the person said with a broken, muffled tone. "Please don't," he said and hugged him tighter.

Hyungseob felt his shoulders becoming wet, he wanted to end his life, he wasn't being himself, but this person took him back. He couldn't stop crying, crying all his frustrations, hurt and pain, hugging the person who was infront of him. Haknyeon patted Hyungseob's back and let him cry as long as his heart takes, he was holding more of his tears, sighing in relief. He didn't lose him. He didn't lose the person he loved. He didn't lose Ahn Hyungseob. "You're disappointed right?" He asked Hyungseob carefully. He was only answered by a loud cry, his heart was aching, he can't stop hurting as he was seeing Hyungseob in a vulnerable place. "Please don't leave me..." Haknyeon started, "Please don't leave me alone... I know you're disappointed, I know you're hurt but please don't leave me," he continued, Hyungseob's cries turned into sobs. He pulled away confused of what Haknyeon is saying.

"I can't see my world in sunshines but whenever I'm with you, it feels like the sun came down to me like the only thing existing is happiness. Whenever I'm with you, I can't help but feel relaxed like I spent a day at Han River. Whenever I see you my heart feels like exploding and I feel like o can puke rainbows and petals," he added, staring at Hyungseob's eyes cupping his cheeks. "Hyungseob-ah, I know this is a wrong timing since you were about to kill yourself earlier but hear me out," he said staring at Hyungseob's hand holding it as if it was fragile. "I like you Ahn Hyungsob - No, scratch that - I love you. I love you so much that it hurts to see you like this. I know I can't erase every pain and thoughts you have right now but I promise you, I won't let you feel even a quark of pain. I will show you many happy things about living, about how life is beautiful. Just stay... stay with me and I'll stay with you always," Haknyeon said finishing his words staring at Hyungseob's hands. He was too scared what the lad would say he didn't even dared to look at him.

Hyungseob was flustered, his heart was beating and every word that Haknyeon said hits him. He was back to his usual self and Haknyeon did that, like the way hepulled him down away from the edge, he pulled his heart and soul back. He have earned a small liking towards the boy but he chose to ignore it thinking it would be one-sided and turned his time to practicing. Now the person who he purposely ignored his feelings to is standing in front of him, holding his hand, confessing his love and asking him to stay. Hyungseob chuckled although it is really inappropriate, Haknyeon looked up to him and saw a smile. A smile that wasn't empty, wasn't hurting. A smile that isn't bitter and a smile that is sincere. He stared at the smile with a heart exploding fireworks, he was confused of why Hyungseob was chuckling, but he can't stop staring at that smile, those lips.

"Can I just kiss you already?" He asked blankly speaking his mind, took him around 10 seconds to realizehow stupid and inappropriate his question was, pulling away his hands from Hyungseob and began muttering and bickering to himself about how stupid he was and how Hyungseob should be living, but the other wasn't listening but continued chuckling about how cute his crush was. Hyungseob smiled dearly, he kissed Haknyeon's cheeks and hugged him to cover his already blushing face. "Thank you Haknyeon," he said softly

"I love you too,"

 

- END -


A/N : Kill me now I'm such a disappointment. The story is so-so I can't believe it. TT I ruined expectation, I'm sorry.

 I was originally planning to make them friends but it ended up as a sappy romance one-shot. Nonetheless, Thank you for reading~!

-Pichang~