Quit You

Quit You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wish I knew how to quit you!"

- Jack Twist

 

The music is blasting loud, a fog of smoke laced with imported uppers hanging in the air, languid bodies pressing too close against each other. This is where Minho first saw him – lost in a sea of people, swaying, intoxicated by shots of vodka and the breaths of all the men and women surrounding his body, brushing against him, all of them wanting to take him home.

Minho is by the bar counter, his usual drink in hand. He is watching that certain blond who snaps necks towards his direction every so often. That blond was dancing again. Minho has been visiting this bar for the previous nights and that blond is the center of everyone’s attention still.
“Do you plan to take him home?”
Minho turns around to see Seunghoon propping his elbow up against the edge of the counter, a barely dressed woman by his side. Minho chuckles; didn’t answer and instead returns his attention to the center of the dancefloor. 
He hears Seunghoon dismissed the woman casually, then his glass hitting the marbled top of the counter. “We’ve been here for four nights.” His friend says, eyes following Minho’s. “And all you do is watch him.”
Minho reaches for his drink and drains everything down. “He’s a good dancer.”
“But he’ll dance better on your bed.” Seunghoon says off-handedly and misses the way Minho smirks. He beckons the bartender over to gift a drink to another pretty girl across from him before continuing to murmur to Minho: “That is what you’re actually thinking.”
“I can’t say that didn’t cross my mind.” He was not lying. Minho had imagined that blond writhing below him in the middle of the night. Whimpering, , grunting, begging.
The thought made him gulp in anticipation. 
“You know what?” He stands, leaves some bill on the counter and taps Seunghoon’s shoulder. “I think I’ll bring him home tonight.”
Seunghoon grins back at him then shrugs towards the pretty girl who is now coming over to snake her arms around Seunghoon’s wide shoulders. “Maybe I’ll take some tonight as well.” He calls out to Minho. “But not in my condo.”
Minho nods, aware that Seunghoon never really likes bringing trouble back to his personal space. He had the same principle: enjoy the night elsewhere and come back home with the memory of it. Memories are easier to handle, and memories don’t require restraining orders. Mino shivers as he remembers that one girl who stalked him for months. Taking her to his apartment was a mistake - that was why Minho moved places. 
But now he has better things to do. So he makes his way through the string of people busy with their own agendas in mind. It isn’t hard to cut through them anyway; it isn’t hard with a reputation such as his in this district. Before Minho realizes it he is already behind the blond, staring at the way the other moves his hips – enticing, seductive, hard to resist – impossible to resist.
He steps closer, his breath falling against the blond’s neck. “You’re prettier up close.” 
The blond looks over his shoulder, a charming smile creeping up his lips. “Oh yeah?” He answers, not a bit faze as Minho gives him an approving once over.
This only made Minho’s smirk stretch wider, the palms of his hands landing boldly on the blond’s hips. “I’m Minho.”
The stranger didn’t remove his hold so Minho takes it as an approval and tugs him a little closer. A giggle. “Taehyun.”
 
Maybe it’s the whisky he drank a while ago or the way Taehyun wraps his arms around his neck or the fact that Taehyun always closes in, but pulls back just as fast. He really isn’t sure, but Minho is mesmerized, his eyes never leaving the stranger’s as they dance slowly in stark contrast with the upbeat music.
Minho rests his chin lightly on the blond’s shoulder when the song ended, whispering: “You wanna go somewhere else?” and inwardly laughing at the way Taehyun quivers as his breath reaches his ears.
Taehyun turns to find Minho’s eyes again, their noses almost touching. “Like where?”
Minho isn’t thinking straight, doesn’t care if he isn’t. “My place.”

*
There is barely a moment of calmness after Minho opens his apartment door. There is just a brief:
“Ah, so this is your place?”
“Yeah. What do you think?”
“Grand. So much space. Boxes everywhere too.”
“I just moved in.”
“Why?”
“Some stalking incident.”
“Ah. Oh you have a cat.”
“Yeah, name’s Jhonny.”
“I have some cats too, at home. They are too many.”
“I bet they are.”
Before Minho found himself pinning Taehyun against the cold wall just beside the door.  
Minho thought they’ll at least get to the bedroom, but they didn’t even reach the receiving area because Taehyun bit his lips and Minho just had, had to lean in and gnaw on the blond’s lips and kiss him dry. 
Their words disappear as Minho lunges forward and kisses Taehyun hungrily, the taste of dried vodka lingering against the pretty lips. Taehyun didn’t have any complaints as he let his hands thread through Minho’s hair in response. Taehyun’s lips were already open so it is easy for Minho to slip his tongue in, roaming around the unfamiliar territory and hearing the low moans he once only imagined. He pulls back, takes a glance at Taehyun’s swollen lips and half-lidded eyes.
“I know you can’t wait but can you at least invite me somewhere… where Jhonny won’t be disturbed?”
Minho grins at Taehyun’s comment before he hoists him up, to the other’s surprise, towards one of the sofas in the room but ends up putting the blond down on the floor. 
“Sorry can’t wait.” Minho says when he finally put Taehyun down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter