chapter 2

magic of love

"Jeongmin... Jeongmin..."

There is a voice, a girly one, calling his name. Jeongmin opens his eyes, but nothing to see here. Just black and empty. Also quiet. He knocks his left toe to the floor under him. It's hard but it's not wood, rock, ground, or any other solid material he knows, and no sound left after he did so.

Jeongmin frowns. Aren't Mrs. Hwang send him to non-magic world? Or that teacher of his purposely send him to this non-exist world?

"Jeongmin..."

That voice again, this time closer than the previous one and being accompanied by a bright, white, blinding light. Then a girl appears from it. She walks slowly toward Jeongmin. And now when the girl only one meter away before him, Jeongmin can see she is beautiful in her wedding gown. Jeongmin take a glance at his clothes twice to make sure that he is not wearing a tuxedo, then he wonder were this girl has assuming him as the groom.

"Hello, who are you?"

The girl, that seems three or four older than him, chuckles.

"Jeongmin…" the girl says.

"Yeah, that's me. Who are you?"

"Jeongmin…"

"That's my name. What's yours?"

The girl smile, while Jeongmin sighs in annoyance. For him, that smile (no matter how sweet it is) seems like mocking him. It's like he should know who the girl is.

Suddenly the girl lifts her hand then flicks Jeongmin's forehead and everything goes black again.

***

Jeongmin's eyelids feels heavy and something soft where he is lay on just makes him want to back to sleep. Then he hears a sound, a steady one. He opens his eyes slightly, and closes it immediately when he meets blinding light.

Jeongmin frowns, again. What happen with all of this strange place and sound and bright light? Where Mrs. Hwang is actually sent him into?

Few minutes later, Jeongmin tries to open his eyes again slowly. After what seems like forever, Jeongmin finally seeing his surroundings.

White wall, white floor, mattress with white sheet, and a strong weird smell. The steady sound is coming from a weird square thing beside him. Only once he saw it on one of his escape trip.

So, he is in non-magic world now?

Jeongmin sits up in hurry when he hears a faint footstep outside the door. He then curses under his breath; his sudden movement makes his head feels like it gonna explode. How bad that mysterious girl had flicked him?

A man in white coat appears from the door. He smiles when he spots Jeongmin.

“You’re finally awake. How are you feeling?” He asks.

Although Jeongmin doesn’t know who it is, he still answers. “My head hurt.”

Jeongmin yelps slightly when he hears his voice sounds softer than he remember.

“I guess so.” The man says while writes something on his clipboard. “Just lay. It will help a little. I will inform your family. They must be glad have you back after your one month coma.”

Jeongmin complies but there is some confusion added to his headache. What family? Didn’t they are in magic world? And Jeongmin is in coma for one month? What this man is talking about?

Jeongmin knows he will not get the answers soon, so he does what he can right now: sleep, maybe he will meets again with the mysterious girl in his dream and make her says more than his name.

 

Jeongmin doesn’t meets with the mysterious girl. In fact, he is not dreaming at all. His headache decreases a little but still unbearable. He touch it in attempt to suppress the hurt but his finger came in contact with bandage instead. It’s weird he doesn’t notice it when he held his head earlier. Guess the hit is seriously bad.

The door is open, this time revealing a girl holding a bouquet of white rose in her embrace. She looks like a glowing bride in entrance of church even though she doesn’t wear wedding gown like the mysterious girl in his dream.

Jeongmin blinks once, this girl looks like the mysterious girl, only few years younger.

The girl’s eyes widens in cute way before she rushes toward him. “Unni! Look, I bring you your favorite flower. Hope it will make you feel better.”

She shows him the flower then place it in an empty vas on bedside table before sit down on a chair next to him.

Wait, did this girl just call him unni?

“Unni, I miss you. Don’t make me worry again, please?”

Jeongmin, still mesmerized by the girl in front of him, can only mutter softly, “who are you?”

The girl tilt her head. “That’s not funny, you know.”

“No, seriously. Who are you?”

“You don’t know me?”

“I even don’t know what happen to me.” Jeongmin says honestly.

Jeongmin still wonder what his dream with the mysterious girl mean. Because he believe if he know, he will also understand his new life in non-magic world here.

“Unni, I’m Yin, your sister. Don’t you remember me?”

“I have a sister?” as far as he can remember, he is the only one kid in his family. And even she claims herself as his sister, shouldn’t she call him ‘oppa’ instead of ‘unni’?

“Look, this is us.” The girl take a photo in frame from the bedside table, showing him both the mysterious girl and the girl in front of him. And that’s when Jeongmin sees his reflection on frame’s glass. That’s not himself who he saw, but the girl from his dream.

That mysterious girl really give him terrible headache.