chapter 1

magic of love

"Jeongmin, I don't think that is a good idea."

Right now Hyunseong is trying to persuade his best friend to stop whatever the younger is doing. Jeongmin is a prankster, Hyunseong knows that very well. It is funny, yes, but most of the time it goes too far for his liking, like this time.

This morning after their first lesson, Jeongmin is complaining that this day is gonna be boring. That simple phrase leads him to skips the half of school day and will be back before last subject is starting (at least that was what Jeongmin said, and had been one full day after it happened).

Doesn't want to have the whole fun alone for himself, Jeongmin drags Hyunseong along with him. Being the good hyung he is, Hyunseong just obediently follows his dongsaeng while silently prays that the younger just want to walk around and get fresh air. But how wrong he is when Jeongmin sneaks into a house belong to a non-magic human being (Hyunseong should saw that coming. Bore for Jeongmin means seeking trouble).

"Come on, hyung. It will fun. Just watch it."

Jeongmin is tying a string to the doorknob while Hyunseong is observing the string that attached to a shelf that only first row that being occupied by book across the door. There is a bag of paint on the floor which he calculates in his head would being hit by the upper side of shelf and burst out, with it content splashes everywhere.

"You just get yourself into trouble." Hyunseong says again.

"I will take it. It is not like I never get detention before." Jeongmin is grinning at his hyung before they hear a sound of car arriving. "Oh, they are coming." He is exclaiming and observing his work once more time before dissapearing. Hyunseong is sighing then dissapearing as well. They both reappear at the rooftop of the house next to the one they just left. They can see what happen inside though a window.

"Les't countdown." Jeongmin says excitedly. Hyunseong watches carefully when a girl with paper bag in her embrace is pulling a key out. She then unlocking the door with it and turning the doorknob. 3... 2... 1... The girl screams when the shelf is falling down with several loud thud of books hits the floor. She is screaming more the moment (like Hyunseong has guesses) the paint splashes everywhere including to her body.

"See? That's fun, hyung."Jeongmin says between his laugh.

"Fun for you. Not for her." Hyunseong says. He is feeling bad for the girl for almost laugh at her.

"That's why it called prank." Jeongmin is holding his stomach that start to hurt.

"Now, let't go back before someone caught us. Shall we?"

"A moment, hyung. I'm still enjoying this." He is giggling a bit more. His smile suddenly fading away when someone is appearing in front of them.

Their homeroom teacher, Mrs. Hwang, is glaring at them.

"Shim Hyunseong and Lee Jeongmin, to my office. Now." She says firmly.

 

"Lee Jeongmin. Offenses: One, skipped eight classes. Two, went out of magic world into non-magic world. Three: sneaked into a non-magic house. Four, did a harm to a non-magic people." Mrs. Hwang is reading a paper in her hand. She then reads it again after give Hyunseong a glance. "Shim Hyunseong. Offenses," she stops for a while, "I don't need to read it. You did the same. Punishment: four hours of detection."

"Actually, Mrs. Hwang, Hyunseong hyung just did the three you said first. And even the harm part is not quiet true. She just got paint, not pain." Jeongmin says.

"And you feel proud about it?"

"More like amused that proud."

Hyunseong is kicking Jeongmin's foot under the table, signaling him to just shut up.

"It's just a day and you already did four. You're really something."

Jeongmin just smiles sweetly to her. Hyunseong asks him to shut up, right?

Hyunseong blow a raspberry at this before says, "Mrs. Hwang, can we start the detention now? We need to study to for test tomorrow."

"Yes. Go to history room. I'will meet you there."

Hyunseong then stands up along with Jeongmin.

"Who did told you to leave, Mr. Lee? I only mean it to Mr. Shim."

"Are't I have punishment also?"

"Yes, but not detention. I did prepared another punishment for you. Follow me. Mr. Shim, you can go now."

Hyunseong is bowing to Mrs. Hwang and saying 'see you later' to Jeongmin before off the room.

Mrs. Hwang is standing from her site and gesturing to Jeongmin to follow her. They are walking out of the room and down the opposite hallway where Hyunseong is going to.

They then stop in front of a wooden door. Shiver run down his spine when he is stepping into the room after his teacher. He know this room. His friends name it black room. Inside is nothing but two pillars in the middle of the room. A student that did a terrible case will has to walk through between that two pillars. Not to appear in the other side, but in non-magic world and live in there without magic ability.

"You know what to do." Mrs. Hwang says.

"But, Mrs. Hwang, don't you think it's too much for me. All I did is make a fun on a non-magic people."

"That's for today. Did you already forget about your another pranks? Toilets that exploded last week because of you is not fixed yet. And library that you burn. And half of second grade students that still get medical treatment because of stomach ache. And chemistry class has't make a poison for almost half of month because the doorknob of cabinet where they keep the ingredient will bite the hand whoever is that try to open it. Ant it's just some of your prank. Don't you think live in non-magic world for two months is too much for you?"

Jeongmin is sighing, thinking that maybe his two months ahead is not that bad.

"Okay."

He takes one step closer to the pillars.

"Oh, Mrs. Hwang, can you tell Hyunseong hyung that I didn't mean to give him trouble and I'm sorry for it? thank you."

After that being said Jeongmin closes his eyes and walks forward till his figure is dissapearing from sight.