Note to self: never drink Soju ever again -Bona

Working With The Queen Of China

~9:10PM Xuan Yi's apartment~

"I never thought you would be an incredibly weak drinker..." Bona sighed as she dragged Xuan Yi into her bedroom before heading to the kitchen to clean up the shattered mess that was left behind. Upon cleaning Bona couldn't help but peak around in Xuan Yi's stuff for any secrets to use as revenge or blackmailing, however Bona mentally slapped herself for doing such a rude/careless thing and proceeded to clean up the shattered glass on the floor.

"I warned you not to take Soju as a joke~" Bona sung silently as she sweeped up the last remaining shards of glass on the floor with a broom. Just as Bona was about to leave she heard noises coming from the hallway to Xuan Yi's bedroom. Bona immediately turned around and saw Xuan Yi dragging herself towards the kitchen.

"You look like a zombie." Bona joked as she dragged Xuan Yi back to her bedroom and onto her bed. "Say nothing if you think your ugly." Bona continued to joke, since she knew Xuan Yi was unable to hear anything she said. The alcohol was also beginning to consume Bona so she decided it would be best to leave before things get out of hand. "Goodbye seaweed monster!" Bona waved as she slowly slid off the edge of the bed. But as soon as the tips of her toes managed to touch the carpet, Bona felt a sharp pain rush through her head before being pulled back onto the bed.

Bona was surprised by how quickly it happened and didn't prepare herself to be wrapped in the arms of her archenemy. "Hey... can you please let go?" Bona asked as she tried wriggling out of Xuan Yi's arms. "Shoot... I'm also not a good drinker... I need to get out before I end up passing out in this satanic home." Bona thought as she continued to struggle. Bona eventually gave up and decided to wait until Xuan Yi's grip loosened enough for her to escape.

After a silent wait, Bona began to question that maybe one night with Xuan Yi wouldn't hurt, but it was the alcohol that was doing the thinking not Bona herself. Determined to escape, Bona continued to shake herself causing the unexpected to happen...

"Xuan Yi! Wake up yo-" Bona stopped immediately upon the contact of Xuan Yi's lips on her neck. "W-what are you doing?!" Bona asked as her face began heating up. The combined heat of blushing and consumption of alcohol caused Bona to become dizzy, putting her in a vulnerable state. She tried her best to calm down but ended up overheating and passing out immediately when the pair of lips on her neck began doing some very... suggestive things...

~6:48AM Xuan Yi's apartment~

However... what happened last night... was all in Bona's imagination. 8 hours passed by and Bona woke up to find herself on the floor of her archenemy's bedroom. Bona immediately checked to see if Xuan Yi was awake before crawling her way out of the bedroom and immediately into the bathroom to check her neck for lipstick stains or... love marks.

Bona sighed in relief knowing that what happened last night was really all in her head. She exited the bathroom and checked on Xuan Yi once more to make sure she was alive, and to grab anything she might have left behind before leaving.

Thr alcohol really hit Bona... Her legs felt as if they were getting pierced by needles with every step she took to get to her apartment that was literally only 30 steps away.

Bona finally made it to her apartment and sighed in relief as she unlocked the door that would lead her to the safe haven known as home. Just as she was about to enter Mei Qi appeared from the elevator. "B-Bona?"

~7:19AM Bona's apartment~

"I thought you promised yourself that you wouldn't touch soju ever again?!" Mei Qi asked. "I did... but.. Xuan Yi kept insisting and insulting me about how impolite and uncooperative I was, so I decided to down it all to shut her up..." Bona groaned. "Get well soon, we have to go to work on Monday so you better be ready by then." Mei Qi answered.

"On the other hand, your sleep with Xuan Yi... how did it go? Did any action take place while I was gone?" Mei Qi teased. "Meng Mei Qi! How dare you!" Bona blushed as she was reminded of what happened last night. "Then why are you getting all red?" Mei Qi shrugged. "Because it's natural when someone asks you something so explicit." Bona defended. "But Anyways... what brings you here?" Bona asked as she stretched her arms. "Oh... Cheng Xiao texted me to check on Xuan Yi since she didn't answer her phone, it was convenient since I was going to pass by here anyways." Mei Qi answered.

"Why didn't she call me instead?" Bona asked. "I think the alcohol is effecting your thinking, you don't have her phone number silly!" Mei Qi giggled before giving Bona a playful shove. "Wait... then how do you have hers?" Bona asked. "We met through emails before your flight to China, don't you remember?" Mei Qi answered, earning a nod from the dazed girl.

"But anyways, I have to interview this Shin Wonho guy today so I'll see you soon." Mei Qi groaned as she checked the time on her phone. "I'll text Cheng Xiao and tell her that you two had a drinking party~" Mei Qi sang as she headed for the front door. "It wasn't a drinking party!" Bona pouted. Mei Qi opened the door but immediately bumped into Xuan Yi. "W-where... is.. Bo.. Na?" Xuan Yi asked. Mei Qi pointed at the living room and silently left with a grin on her face.

"Y-you..." Xuan Yi growled as she stomped into the living room. "Hey, get out of my apartment!" Bona demanded as she escorted Xuan Yi back to her apartment. "Why..did you make me drink this?!" Xuan Yi asked as she pinned Bona onto a wall and waved the bottle of soju in her face. "You drank it yourself! Don't blame me!" Bona defended. "You could of talked me out of it? Now I'm sick to the point of wanting to throw up!" Xuan Yi pouted.

"get off, I don't want You throwing up all over me! Besides, now you know to never mess with the power of soju." Bona answered as she separated herself from Xuan Yi. The drunken girl pouted and began to hit Bona with what might have been the world’s most weakest punches. “Help me!” Xuan Yi pouted as she vigorously shook Bona’s arm. “Promise not to mess with me on Monday, and I’ll consider it.” Bona offered. “Fine...” Xuan Yi groaned. Bona sighed once again before dragging the drunk girl back over to her apartment.

~9:05AM Bona’s apartment~

“What’s taking so long?!” Xuan Yi pouted as she rubbed the temples on her forehead. “Calm down... your not the only one experiencing a headache... its not much but here!” Bona shouted as she set down a small pot of boiling stew. “What is this?” Xuan Yi asked as she stared at the delicious red stew. “It’s hangover stew... a common dish in Korea that is said to cure hangovers... I don’t need it as much as you do, so knock yourself out.” Bona explained as she took a seat next to Xuan Yi and rest her on her arms. “Hey, eat what you made!” Xuan Yi attempted to brighten the mood as she offered to feed Bona.

”Im fine, now hurry up and leave.” Bona answered as she swatted away Xuan Yi’s offer. “Your cooking is not bad at all.” Xuan Yi commented as she rubbed Bona’s shoulder. “Thank you~” Xuan Yi sang as she was waiting for Bona’s eye contact. “Knock it off...” Bona answered as she shook Xuan Yi’s arm off and headed over to the sink to wash dishes. Xuan Yi took a sip from the hot broth before focusing on Bona’s figure.

Bona on the other hand felt the sudden silence to be an indication that Xuan Yi was up to something. “Hey you heard me right? Eat up and leave... Or... Just take the bowl and leave.” Bona ordered as she took a quick peek over her shoulder. It was an awkward moment for Bona, both their eyes met and Xuan Yi’ s smile only made it worse. “Please continue~” Xuan Yi waved as she continued to eat her soup. Bona continued washing the dishes and realizing that it was a big mistake deciding to wash them when Xuan Yi was sitting behind her.

Just as Bona began finishing up the last bowl in the sink she could hear footsteps coming closer. “Your boyfriend must be very lucky.” Xuan Yi complimented as she handed Bona the small pot. “Actually... I don’t have a boyfriend... but thanks anyway.” Bona answered as she tried to finish as fast as she could. “Wow, i wouldnt have known, what kind of man wouldn’t fall for someone like you? Your successful, you can cook, and you also have a really nice...” Xuan Yi finished the sentence off with a wink.

“Oh... please don’t...” Boma blushed. “Oh who am I kidding... they would fall for me instead!” Xuan Yi answered confidently. Bona sighed in relief upon hearing that. “But hey, if you ever have trouble finding a boyfriend... you could always try women you know? What could go wrong?” Xuan Yi suggested. Bona tried her best to avoid eye contact and finished the last of her dishes. “All right... I think a deal is a deal... leave!” Bona demanded as she dried her hands off. “Fine... but call me over whenever you feel lonely okay?” Xuan Yi sang as she was escorted to the door. “A promise is a promise... don’t bother me at work okay?” Bona reminded. “Well have to see...” Xuan Yi shrugged as she entered her apartment.

Hey guys! Its been 2 months since I updated... well I’m glad to be back! However, senior year has actually been a really rough and stressful year so far so updates will still be rolling out pretty slow, anyways... as of this chapter I have retaken the college entrance exam, and hopefully... I repeat, hopefully... I’ll get a good score! But as always thanks for reading and thank you to everyone who has stayed since the beginning and also to those who sent me encouraging messages, I love you guys too!