Sleep

Candy Cars

 Yoongi sits up quickly. A piece of paper sticks to his face and he quickly swats it away. He wipes the sweat of his brow and angles his fan to point directly at his face. He lets the cool air hit him as he tries desperately to relax.

"You need sleep." Yoongi tenses as lightly places a hand on his gun, which rests comfortably in its holstered his side, before turning.  He meets Hoseok's curious gaze. Yoongi visibly relaxes and leans back into his chair. "It's late," Hoseok speaks again, his tone soft," you should go home."

"Mmhm," Yoongi huns before leaning over the case file again, pretending to take his friends words into consideration. "Why are you still here anyway?" he asks gruffly, rolling is neck and shoulders.

"I didn't want to leave you here alone." Hoseok looks down at his feet as a blush crawls up his cheeks. Yoongi just sighs in order to keep patience and turns back to his friend.

"Go home, Hobi. Get some rest. I'm leaving soon anyway." The both knew that was a lie. This new case had been eating him alive. Some kid- Kim Taehyung - has been missing for almost a week. Five days, he reminds himself, five days.  He sighs, running a hand down his sweat covered face, before shooing Hobi off once more.

He works on the case file for a few more hours. Rearranging everything and putting it right back where it was. He's growing increasingly frustrated as the time passes and it's moving just a little too fast. He's had this case for three days and all he knows is that this kid was a good son and a great friend. Is, he scolds himself, he is a good son and he is a great friend. He looks up at the clock that hangs on the wall directly above his desk. 2:00 a.m. Yoongi lays his head on his arms and groans. He needs to go by the bowling alley tomorrow. Needs to updated the case file. Needs to get a shower and change long before any of that. Needs to on Seokjin. Needs to- Needs to-

Yoongi runs out of this to distract him and exhaustion invades his mind. He realizes how tired he is but he needs to-

Now it's too late. Sleep has won and Yoongi gives in, passing out ungraciously at his desk. He can already feel another piece of copy paper covered in notes begin to stick to his cheek.