Just Jealous

Just Jealous

Jennie clicked her tongue in annoyance as she watched students crowd around the school entrance. For who? That would be Choi Eunsa of course. The most beloved girl in the entire school. The student council president and the most oblivious girl ever. Well at least according to Jennie.

 

How could someone so smart not notice one’s simple feelings? It’s not like she wasn’t obvious. But it’s also not like she was the only one with feelings for the girl. Exhibit A had just entered the hallway, flowers in hand. He had to be at least a grade younger than them. The crowd around Eunsa had dispersed making way for the boy. Jennie jutted her foot out making the boy and the flowers collide with the floor.

 

Jennie picked up one of the flowers, stuffing it in her pocket.  She glanced at the boy and then to Eunsa whose eyes already trained on hers. She did nothing but smirk at the girl before walking away from the scene.

 

------

 

Jennie knocked on the council room’s door, making eyes turn to her. She didn’t mind the extra pairs of eyes, though the one’s she was here didn’t even glance at her. One student Jennie recognized as the vice president opened their mouth to speak but they were stopped by Eunsa.

 

“Meeting adjourned.” Were the only words she said. Now all eyes turned to her, though she only shooed them with a hand motion. Jennie closed the quietly as the last person left.

 

“So sweet of you to make time for me.” Jennie mocked as she walked towards Eunsa.

 

“What did you need?” Eunsa asked without even looking at her.  

 

Jennie placed her hand under Eunsa’s chin, forcing her her to look away from her laptop. Jennie leaned closer inching her her face closer to Eunsa’s

 

“I didn’t want anything, I just wanted to see you.”

 

Eunsa’s eyes rolled though she didn’t look away from Jennie’s. “You made me cancel a meeting because you wanted to see me?”

 

Jennie nodded with a smirk. “I might’ve missed you.

 

“Is that so?”  Jennie only nodded in response. “Well since I let you see me, I need you to do something.”

 

“And what would that be?”

 

Eunsa stood finally matching up to Jennie’s height. “Apologize to the boy you tripped.”

 

“I don’t know who he was so I can’t sorry.”

 

Eunsa chuckled as she buttoned the buttons on Jennie’s shirt. “Yoo Minkyun, he’s a second year, if you don’t apologize you’ll be reprimanded.”

 

Jennie stared in disbelief. “You’re going to reprimand me? How?”

 

Eunsa hands were now on Jennie’s.tie . “I’ll just have to notify someone about how your friend who snuck on a school bus during the day.  Lisa was it? ”

 

Jennie scoffed mentally noting to kill Lisa later. “Why should I apologize, it was his fault.”

 

“And what exactly did he do that was so wrong?” Eunsa asked with a chuckle.

 

He was going to try and ask you out. Was what Jennie wanted to say but she decided against it.

 

Jennie pushed a  strand of hair behind Eunsa’s ear. “Don’t worry about it I’ll apologize.” She imagined the whipping sounds her friends would make if they saw her now.

 

------

 

Jennie’s eyes trailed the packed lunchroom as she searched for her target. She looked away startled by the loud slamming of a lunch tray. She looked up to see her friends giggling.

 

“I told you that would get her attention.” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“Well you have my attention what do you want?” Jennie asked with annoyance.

 

“Where were you this morning?”  Lisa asked

 

“Yeah I thought you were trying to keep your perfect attendance for your precious Eunas.” Rose mocked.

 

Jennie felt her lips curve into a smile at the mentions of the girl. “I was with her this morning.” She stated proudly.

 

“Oh and what did you two do?” Lisa asked suggestively. Jennie was about to smack the younger, but she stopped as she finally spotted Minkyun. She called the younger boy over to the table, though he was hesitant.

 

Jennie stood engulfing him in a tight hug, an action that caught most of the cafe’s attention.

 

She leaned her lips closely to his ear. “I’m genuinely sorry about what I did earlier, but if you ever goo near my girl again, I’ll do much worse.”

 

Minkyun didn’t know whether to smile or cry when Jennie released him from her hold.  The cafe began to buzz again with the new topic as Jennie sat back in her seat.

 

“What was that all about?” Lisa asked

 

Jennie shrugged nonchalantly as if it was nothing. “I’m doing a favor.”

 

-------

 

Jennie’s shoes squeaked against the school’s empty hallway. She turned the corner making her way towards Eunsa.

 

She slowed her steps becoming quieter with each step. Jennie’s arm s around Eunsa’s waist making the younger squeal with fright. Jennie chuckled as Eunsa smacked her arm..

 

“I apologized  to your admirer for you.” Jennie said as she leaned against a locker.

 

Eunsa sighed as she closed her own. “He wasn’t my admirer.”

 

“He most definitely was, you’re just to naive to know.”

 

“I’m not naive, I can tell when someone has feelings for me Jennie.”

 

Jennie scoffed for the second time today. “You obviously don’t.”  

 

Eunsa looked at her confused. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“ I know someone who has liked you for months but you have only stayed oblivious to their feelings.”

 

“”Have they even tried talking to me?” Eubsa asked still not getting Jennie’s point

 

“Every single day, but you always get so caught up when you’re talking to other people and they hate it.”

 

“Well who is it, so I can-”

 

“”It’s me!” Eunsa froze at Jennie’s words “W-what?”

 

“It’s me, I’m the one who's liked you..for months and it’s frustrating as hell because I just want to kiss you so bad but I can’t.”

 

Eunsa was struggling to form words. “I-I just thought-”

 

“What? That I was messing with you?” Jennie asked as she took a step closer to Eunsa.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Jennie stopped in her tracks. “What?”

 

“It’s partially your fault for not saying anything and making me guess for so long.” Eunsa said with a pout.

 

Jennie cupped Eunsa’s face, she molded her lips with her knocking the put right off her lips.

 

“There now I fixed what was partially my fault, now you have to do the same.”  Jennie said as she intertwined their fingers.

 

“Which is?”

 

“Promise to be mine...always.”

 

Eunsa felt her face begin to heat. “Promise.”

 

-----

 

As she promised, the next day. When Eunsa  when entered the school she went to Jennie first, intertwining their fingers. Jennie could feel the jealous stares from others. Oh how the tables have finally turned.