Bruises and Kisses

Bruises and Kisses

It was a crisp autumn day when it happened. 

Your althletic boyfriend, Choi Minho, was showing off his sports expertise in an intensely close game of soccer in the town's local field. The bleachers were all completely full, but luckily your seat had been reserved right in the front thanks to him. The game was tied, and time was running out. You looked over at Minho, whom was wiping sweat off his face. When he saw you looking at him, he gave you a smug "I got this" grin. He got in position for the next play.

"Go Jagi!!!" You cheered from the stands as soon as the whistle blew. From that moment forward, both the playing field and the crowd erupted into a frenzy. It was down to the wire. A member of the opposing team shot the ball, the goalie just barely getting it. When it was kicked back out, Minho went for it immediently, wowing everyone with his fancy footwork as he manuvered the ball as if it was nothing.. He got close to the net....

His right foot made an akward shifting movement, tripping over a small ditch in the ground, while the other kicked and scored. For the first couple of seconds, you yelled in delight for your boyfriend's win. However, that expression changed to extreme worry when you noticed that he was on the floor, with his face cringed and his hands on his leg. Before you knew it, you found yourself right by his side on the edge of the field.

"Minho...." You kneeled next to brushed aside his sweaty bangs. He looked pained, but grateful for your presence.  "What happened..."

"My ankle..." He managed, before gritting his teeth once more, doing his best not to cry in discomfort. You carefully put your hand on his, which was clutching his injured foot.

"Let me see it..." You cooed.

 Minho protested for a bit. He then groaned, giving in, and slowly letting go to show you. His ankle was definitely sprained- there was already a lot of swelling, and a large bruise was already forming. You put your hand on the injury as gently as you could. The area was extremely tender. You looked up at him once more. "Can you move it at all?" 

He tried to. Moving the injured limb made him yelp in pain.

"We should probably take you to a hospital."

"N-No, don't! It's not that bad. I'll just....." Minho trailed.

You smiled internally. "....walk it off? You can't even move it." You sighed. "Fine. I won't take you to a clinic. You're coming to my house instead." 

Luckily, the coach was kind enough to offer a lift. You let your boyfriend lean on you as you carefully walk him to the car and assist him in getting inside.

During the ride, Minho rested his head on your lap. "Jagiya...thank you..." 

You nodded.

------------------

You thanked the coach for the ride, helping Minho hop inside your house. Just as you did, a cold rain began outside. "We got really lucky...." You sighed as you set your boyfriend down on your couch.

"Lay there for a moment. I'm going to go get some supplies."

"Don't be long.." You heard him moan.

You smiled, pecking him on the forehead. "I'll be back quickly, Jagi."

Less than thirty seconds later, you return with your handy-dandy first aid kit, an ice pack on your shoulder, and a pillow in your other hand. You set down your materials and Minho's hair in an attempt to calm him down. You then carefully lift his leg onto the pillow your brought, which you placed on the couch. "Ok. what I need to do first is reduce your swelling. I'm going to wrap up your ankle, ok? If it hurts a whole lot, tell me, and I'll stop for a moment."

Your boyfriend weakly nodded. 

You got to work, being as gentle as possible in doing so. You sat down on the couch next to his propped up foot and began to roll the bandaid tape around the injured limb, pausing whenever Minho made any loud cry. Every time he did that, you apologized. And every time you did, you heard him mutter "It's ok..it's not your fault, Jagiya....".

After what seemed as an eternity, you finally finish and turn to face your boyfriend. It seemed like he could barely keep his eyes open. It made sense, all of this must have been extremely exhausting. You place the ice pack on his foot, leaving him to rest.

You decided to make some soup for him. When you finished, Minho still had not stirred. You put the bowl in the fridge, as well as the ice pack, which was somewhat warm at this point. You lay on the remainder of the couch, letting the pitter-patter of the rain outside carry you to sleep.

-----------

A few hours later, Minho woke up, noticing a decrease of pain in his ankle. He let out a sigh. He lifted his head slightly,noticing that you fell asleep. He smiled. You looked so cute....

He wanted to fall asleep again, but the sound of thunder outside wouldn't let him. Minho layed there, counting the seconds between the lightning and the boom.

A flash.

One....two-

A loud crash. 

Minho jumped. The storm was massive. To pass the time, he the TV, on the lowest volume possible for your sake. The local news was only talking about the weather, claiming it was the worst this season, to stay indoors,and to watch for flooding and power outages. Your boyfriend sighed. He wouldn't be going home any time soon. Not that it was a bad thing, your company meant the world to him. 

Another loud crash of thunder made you stir. You sat up and saw Minho beam at you from his position on the couch. "Good morning."

You chuckle, but the laugh turned into a mini scream when an even louder, more terrifying thunder struck close to your house. You let out a groan. Storms are not your cup of tea whatsoever. The lights flicker a couple of times. 

"Looks like we're holding a slumber party." You looked at Minho, who smiled.

"Fine by me~"

You get up. "I'll be right back, Jagi." After dashing to the kitchen, you quickly take out the refrigerated soup and ice pack once more. You heat up the soup in the microwave. If the power was going to go out, then you wanted to salvage your cooking creation, as well as Minho's current best remedy. You carefully remove the soup bowl and bring it over to him, with the ice pack, once again, on your shoulder.

"You cooked?" Minho sat up, adjusting the position of his ankle slightly. He winced. You kneeled next to him and handed him the soup. You then replaced the ice pack. "Thanks.." He mumbles, sipping the delicious meal.

You frown. "What's wrong, Jagi?"

Minho finishes his soup and places it aside. He sighs. "I'm sorry that this happened, Jagiya....I'm sorry that the game date was ruined by my clumsiness..." He stares at you, circles under his eyes. You shake your head. "Choi Minho, if you think that this was your fault, you have it all wrong. And for the record, you did not ruin anything! As long as I'm by your side, I'm having the time of my life." You give him a kind smile.

Your boyfriend grins from cheek to cheek. He pulls you in...and just as the power goes out, you both kiss.

And no thunderstorm would ever be as powerful as the love you share.