✎ Chapter 22: Close To You ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You've stayed up all night, finishing the reviewing of your book and editing errors, refilling your cup of coffee for three times.

You kept on glancing at your window every second, making you really annoyed at distracted self. 

"Focus, come on." You mumbled as you typed on your keyboard, squinting your eyes at the screen.

You're finally at the ending of the story, slightly curling up your lips into a smile as you read it.

"Chanyeol won't be complaining this time." You chuckled at yourself as you entered the email of the company and sent the file. You leaned your back at your swivel chair, sighing in relief as you felt the softness of the pillow behind you. "I'm finally done with my last book."

You slightly glanced at your window again, seeing the other's blinds down. You tilted your head in curiosity.

"Is he asleep already? That's new." You mumbled as your fingers reached for your third cup of coffee and took a sip of the warm liquid. You hummed in satisfaction as you felt your nerves relax, your glasses slightly fogging up because of the hot vapor.

You put down your cup and took off your glasses, your vision slightly getting blurred. You watched as the loading sign ends and your file was sent successfully.

"Yes." You whispered with a smile before closing your laptop and stretching your arms. "I can go out with Dasom tomorrow."

You grabbed your phone and texted your best friend.

2:54 am

To: Dasom

Let's hang-out tomorrow at 1 in the afternoon? I'm done with my work. :)

You grinned as you put down your phone and—

You almost jumped when your phone rang. You silently laughed as you saw your best friend's number, picking it up.

"Yes?"

"Thank goodness! We'll hang-out all day, my friend! Shopping, watching, everything! You'll finally be freed from your work!" Dasom's voice was slightly hoarse, probably she just woke up because of your message.

"Okay, okay. You can sleep now, you sound horrible." You laughed as you heard her whine on the other line.

"See you tomorrow then!"

You hung up and stared at your phone. You feel excited and happy that you'll be going out, not just to the convenience store where Chanyeol works nor the events you've been attending before. It feels so refreshing and—

*tok

You sat up straight as your eyes widened, alert and aware of your surroundings all of a sudden.

I'm sure Sehun's asleep now. Chanyeol, Chanhee and my parents too...

You silently prayed in your mind as you closed your eyes nervously.

*tok

You peeked at your phone to check the time and almost squealed when you saw what time it was.

Oh my god. It's 3 am!

You quickly stood up from your seat and ran to your bed, curling up as you pulled your blanket over you. You even forgot to turn off the lights and to lock your window. You just closed your eyes, hands clasping around your phone and silence took over your room.

Why do I feel like I'm in a horror movie? Why?!

You tried sleeping under the blanket but you're having a hard time to breathe and you need to lock the window—

Your eyes shut open as you heard something click. You blinked your eyes and saw that the color behind your blankets turned darker.

Was it the light switch? Holy . I didn't turn it off, who would—

Your eyes widened as you felt the side of your bed moved, a part of it dipping as if someone sat on it or something.

A thief?! A ?! What?!

You waited for the unknown person to move but he or she didn't, making you wonder if it's a ghost. You gulped and had the courage to speak to the trespasser.

"E-Excuse me." You stuttered, gripping on your blanket tighter as you felt your palms sweat. "A-Are you a ghost?"

With your question, the bed slightly rumbled as if the person's stifling his or her laugh. You tugged on your blanket more when a hand went under it and held yours.

"AH—"

"Noona, it's me."

Your supposed to be deafening scream was cut off by his soft familiar voice. You almost cried as he took the blanket off of you, smiling as he saw you despite the lack of light in the room. You were slightly shaking as you reached for him, arms unconsciously wrapping around his torso.

"Did I scare you?" He asked, pulling your body closer as he felt that you're shaking.

"Who wouldn't be scared?! Why did you turn off the light?!" You half-shouted on his ear, making him flinch but chuckled at your actions.

"I knocked on your window, noona. You just ran off and didn't turn off your lights. You didn't even lock your window. Tsk tsk." Sehun shook his head in false disappointment, making you slightly pout as you hid on his broad chest. "What if it wasn't me who found your window unlocked? What if it was a thief or worse, a ? You should be thankful."

"Thank you then, Sehun-ah." You mumbled as you closed your eyes, his pleasant manly scent lulling you to sleep.

Sehun glanced at you, who's currently resting on his chest, his lips curling up into a loving smile. He combed your hair through his slender fingers and hummed a song, making you completely asleep. His eyes were trying to stay open as he feel sleepy too, but he remembered he wasn't in his room.

"It's nice to have you so close like this, noona." Sehun mumbled as he slowly laid you down on the bed, making sure you're sleeping on your side because he knows you get difficulty in breathing when lying flat on your back.

"I don't want to let you go."

Sehun caressed your hair as your breathing got even and your face relaxing at his touch. He reached for the lamp on your bedside table and turned it on, adding brightness on the dark room. He glanced at you, peacefully drifted in to your dreamland. He hesitantly stood up when he realized how can he lock your window when he gets out?

"Oh , I didn't think about that." He mumbled silently, trying not to wake you up but you did anyway.

You groaned as you rolled on your other side, your eyes slightly opening as Sehun stared at you. You blinked at him, making him inwardly coo at your cuteness. You lazily glanced at your already locked window and back at the young man standing beside you.

"Why are you standing there?" You groggily asked, reaching for Sehun's hand, startling him because of the sudden contact.

"I-I'm going back?"

"Just sleep here."

His eyes went wider in surprise as you turned your back on him, trying to get more comfortable in your position.

"N-Noona? Are you sleep talking or what?"

"Just come here before I change my mind."

Sehun walked to your other side in a rush and took off his slippers before slipping under the blanket with you. His heart feels like it will burst out of his chest and just let him die after.

"A-Are you sure this is okay, noona?" Sehun stuttered as he can feel your minty breath fanning his face.

Yes, you two are that close.

Your bed is not that huge since the original capacity of it is just for one person.

You actually don't know why you let Sehun sleep beside you ton

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter