Look Around You

Look Around You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Doc?”

You could sense a hint of panic in Minho’s voice when he came knocking at your apartment. It was a Sunday and you had a rare day off from work so it didn’t make sense that Minho was here for you.

“Is everything okay Minho?” You asked him to take a seat which he denied with a shake of his head.

“It’s Taemin. Onew hyung called me, he has been rushed to hospital. He overdosed on some pills and his immediate clinician needs to be there.”

Taemin? Overdose? You couldn’t wrap your head around it fast enough but you understood enough for you to make a rush for the door in a haste. Minho however quickly grabbed your wrist and stopped you from going anywhere. He pulled you back into a hug to calm you down.

“Breathe,” you heard him whisper from above you. “You need to be sane minded before you go there.”

You couldn’t help it and began crying into his chest. “Why did he want to kill himself Minho?”

“I don’t know, I really don’t know. We will get the answers later okay, for now we’ve got to go.”

You took a few minutes to get yourself together before going to the hospital. When you got there, you met the Shinee manager as well as the other three members. Suho, Kai and Taemin’s family were there too. However, you had to hurry to the ICU where Taemin was admitted to give them his medical history and the medications he was on. It took you all your self control to not just rush into the emergency room and take matters into your own hands. You didn’t have much strength for that anyway so you went to the waiting room and waited, like everyone else.

About an hour later, the doctors came out and Taemin was wheeled to his own room. You wanted to go into his room to check on him but so did everyone else and you were just his doctor anyway so you decided to stay put and allow his friends and family to be with him. After you were assured that he was out of danger, you took a deep breath and went to get yourself some coffee.

“He is asking for you.” Onew said as he got himself a can of soda. “Why didn’t you come in with everyone else?”

“Oh, I wanted to give you all time and space to see him. He needs you most now.” You answered quickly since you had expected the question

Onew laughed at you and you couldn’t help but find his chuckle adorable and contagious. You smiled at him and asked him why he was laughing at you whilst you were so serious.

“He needs you too dummy. Now go there and see him.” He ruffled your hair while muttering a cute before walking back to Taemin’s ward. You blew your hair bangs in regret of how short you are and everyone can just mess up your hair before he called you to run to him and catch up.

You walked in hesitantly behind Onew, bowing to everyone before turning your gaze towards the bed where Taemin lay. He was smiling at you and even tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter