The beginning

One More Time

 

 

Chapter 1

 

My name is Ong Seong Woo. Yes, Ong is a surname.

I am a perfectly healthy male, living perfectly well by myself and in a perfectly busy city, of a perfectly well developed country, working at a perfectly well renowned and successful business firm.

My life is also, what you would call, perfectly routined, almost like a ritual which I follow not because I don't like change but for convenience. Or maybe just out of habit, having done so for 3 years now. My life is good.

 

Wake up.

Exercise (Run\ Yoga)

Shower

Get ready.

Take train to work.

Arrive early, so go to coffee shop, get breakfast.

Work.

Eat lunch.

Finish work.

Go home, cook, eat and sleep.

Repeat.

 

So, like always, I unconsciously push open the door of the coffee shop exactly opposite of the building where I work.

 

“Good morning, can i have the usual please” I say, looking down on my phone as I scan and organize emails , because with the length and frequency of my visit, the workers have memorized my order by heart, whether they like to or not, just as I have remembered their faces.

 

“I’m sorry, but what would that be ?” A gruff voice, which I do not recognize, asks.

 

A newbie.

 

“That’s one soy latte. Medium sized, and one blueberry muffin ” I recite, looking up slowly and instantly freezing when i see the newbie.

 

No freaking way.

 

The boy's visuals have drastically upgraded from the one plastered in my memory.

 

Black hair , pale skin, mole near the right eye and the brightest smile. A puppy.

 

He now has pastel pink hair that complement his milky complexion and rosy lips, making him look fluffy and soft like a peach. Yet his broad shoulders excude a strong manly vibe.

Damn.

“ one latte and- I'm sorry what was it again.” he asks ,without looking at me once.

“soy latte and a blueberry muffin ..” I reply , looking directly at him.

“oh.. okay.” he corrects the order, eyes fixed on the screen as he taps on it.

“That will be $$”

I pay quietly, looking around casually and peeking at the boy, who continues on staring at the screen nonchalantly .

 

The shop isn't terribly busy due to the early hour so my order is done relatively fast.

I engage in small chat with Jaehwan, the guy in charge of making and handing out orders at the back.

"A newbie?"

"Yeah. Sewoonie couldn't work here anymore"

"Why ?"

" No dating between coworkers policy. Ughh he got transferred to another shop"

"oh.."

"Yeah. We're dating"

Jaehwan smirks as he hands me my coffee and bag of muffins. I congratulate him and he laughs , turning red.

 

Glancing back at the boy in the counter, I make my way to the exit, taking a sip of my coffee.

There is a bitter aroma but it ends with a sweet, creamy taste.

 

He doesn't remember me.

 

I laugh at the thought as I cross the street heading to work.

 

He didn't even know me.

 

 

*********

*claps and loud cheer*

“ENCORE ! ENCORE! ENCORE!”

 

It was the only time of the year where all students didn't mind coming to school.

The school festival.

The only school event which was open to public and organized fully by students with little to no teacher authority .

So, of course, this freedom was used to showcase students talents , creativity and their

 

Popularity.

 

It was the day where the most popular kids in school gained even more attention from students and visitors for their outstanding visuals and maybe their inborn “gifts”.

The rest unfortunate plain-looking beings, either fangirled and promoted their choice of popular student with every ounce of energy and with every penny , or helped organize the chaotic event.

 

The highlight of the disastrous school festival was most definitely the talent show.

It was the most cliche, but long lived festival tradition and was most successful.

Tickets for the show were sold for donations to charities and every year, undoubtedly, the amount raised increased significantly ,compared to the year before.

 

“ENCORE ! ENCORE ! ENCORE”

 

The crowd was larger and noisier than ever. So much that the 600 occupant school hall was full with spectators standing on top of chairs to be able to see the stage.

All eyes on a boy who had just finished dancing. He bowed despite the demand for more and walked away to sounds of loud applause.

He was the star of the show.

The main attraction and reason students from neighbouring schools attended the festival.

He sat backstage, dabbing his sweat and breathing heavily.

He smiled, as his friends came over, hugging and praising him.

After the show was over, he walked out of the hall to be greeted by a number of his fans, who he bowed politely and took pictures with before walking away quietly.

He never had much to say, he wasn't the funniest, the richest, the smartest, the most good looking or the only good dancer in the whole school, but still,

he was no.1

 

 

He was Kang Daniel.

 

 

*******

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So... hows it ?

I'm still unsure if this story is good ? or not ? am i writing it well ?

I am very insecure about all this cuz I haven't actually let anyone read this yet.. so i don't know.

Feel free to let me know any mistakes or anything by commenting.

THANKS