Captured

How Great Is Your Love?

It’s twelve noon when Jessica joined her friends for lunch. She saw that the two are arguing. It’s not a new scenery though. It happens everyday when a not so tall girl keeps on buying food for her bestfriend which the latter don't like.

“Taeyeon you really don’t have to bring me food everyday…”, Tiffany complain for the nth time. 

The latter is so persistent, Taeyeon gave the food back on Tiffany’s side. 

“Your favorite restaurant is just near my place. So, why not dropped by?”, Taeyeon retorted. “After all you are still not used to Korean foods…”

Well, that’s true. Although, she’s a half Korean went back in Los Angeles her family never serves anything but American or Italian dish.

Tiffany remembered once she tried to eat kimchi. She got indigestion and she never tried another Korean dish ever.

She did not argue anymore as she accept the food and express her gratitude to Taeyeon for being so nice with her. Sometimes she think that she’s abusing Taeyeon’s kindness that's why most of the time she refused to accept anything from her.

“Taeyeon, thanks a lot. I already had a lot of debt to you…”, she open the box that has her favorite food: waffle, sausage, and a two sunny side-up egg.

“That’s nothing, as long as it’s you there’s no problem"

“As long as it’s you Tiffany with matching shivering…”, a friend grinned as she joined the conversation. “So sweet of you, Taeyeon…”

“Thanks again, Tae”, Tiffany said again. “You are really a good friend.

Jessica arrived as she heart the teasing comment made by their junior, Yoona. Who just started two weeks ago in their company.  She’s really nice girl and has a good working habit thar’s why they easily get along with her.

“Ouch!”, Yoona react. 

“Why?”, Tiffany asked. She stare at her who’s acting in pain. “Where it hurts, Yoona?”, she tried to check the doe-eyed girl. “What’s wrong with you?”

“N-nothing. I just got bitten by an ant…”, she checked her forearm as she continued with her acting. “It’s getting red”

“Alcohol?”, Tiffany passed her.

“I really need it. So, I wouldn’t feel the pain”, Yoona answered. “It really hurts! FRIEND~  ZONE~”

“What zone?”, Tiffany look at her really weird.

Yoona show her forearm, “This zone that bitten by the ant”, she explained. “It’s going to get red”

“It will not just going to get red. There will be some blood later on. If you will not stop”, Taeyeon gritted her teeth when Yoona said that.

Jessica was just smiling to herself throughout. It’s funny how her bestfriend can be dense and Taeyeon who’s controlling herself.

Yoona is such a prankster.  Even she’s around for a short time, she easily read her surrounding.

“Blood? Why there will be some blood? It’s just an ant bite”, Tiffany retorted.

Taeyeon scratch her head to think an excuse, “Ahmmm welll, if she scratch it. It might bleed”

Tiffany nodded. Asking no further question. Taeyeon felt relieved that the eyesmile girl did not interrogate more.

“What about you unnie?”, this time Yoona attention went to Jessica.

“What about me?”
“The driver?”

“Yeah Jess. You haven’t give me any update about you and that Sooyoung…”, Tiffany added.

It has been almost a week since, Jessica’s birthday. Also, a week that they met this driver that Tiffany and the rest of their officemates assumed that will make believe Jessica in love again.

“There’s nothing to tell about”, Jessica coldly said.

“I’m freezing”, Yoona said. She act like she was really cold.


Later that day…


Hours passed, their daily work finally done. Everyone’s leaving the office except for Jessica. She still has a lot of things to do. However, her head is not being cooperative. She felt like it is being hammered.

She called her sister, Krystal. But, the latter still stuck in her office due to overflowing work she had for that day and couldn’t fetch her.

“It’s okay, I think I’ll just go home by myself…”, Jessica told in the other line. 

“Be careful on your way home, unnie”, they dropped the call.

Jessica tidy up her things and shutdown her computer. 

“Ms. Jessica?”, someone called her.

“S-Sooyoung? What are you doing here?”, Jessica was shock with her presence.

“I was sent here by your sister”, Sooyoung got closer. Jessica noticed the medicine bag she’s holding. “Your sister told me that you’re having a headache. So, I bought you a paracetamol to ease the pain”.

“Thank you, Sooyoung”, Jessica said. 
“Where’s the pantry? So, you can drink your med first before we leave?”

Jessica show the tall girl the direction to their pantry. She waits for her while she still fixing some documents on her table.

Sooyoung came back with a glass of water. She give it to Jessica.

“Let’s go?”, Sooyoung asked. After Jessica took the med.

Jessica nod.

Sooyoung took her bag which Jessica said she can handle it but the tall girl insisted. So, Jessica let her be and they went out of the building.

It was a smooth trip until they reached the junction. There’s  a heavy traffic cause of a two vehicles hit each other.

Sooyoung noticed that her passenger is massaging her head. 

“Is it still hurt?”, she broke the defeaning sound surrounded them since, she started the engine. The only sound can be heard is the music coming from the radio.

“A little…”, Jessica groaned.

“Do you want to go to the hospital?”, Sooyoung asked. She’s worried about her condition.

“No, Sooyoung. I can manage it. It just a simple headache”, Jessica explained. 

“If that’s a simple headache it should be gone by now. Don’t be stubborn, I’ll take you to the hospital”

Jessica couldn’t complain anymore. As Sooyoung tried her luck to escape from the traffic.
Two hours passed but the two are still in the hospital. They are waiting for Jessica’s name to be call. Apparently, there’s a lot of patient in he hospital today.

“Sooyoung?”, Jessica called the latter who’s busy eating hamburger that they bought in the hospital cafeteria earlier.

Sooyoung hummed as she take a look at her.

“Why are you still here?” Jessica asked. It’s past 10pm already.

“I just want to accompany, Ms. Jessica.”

“I know but, you don’t even want to take money from me”, she answered back. 
For Jessica, she feels like she’s wasting the tall girl time and the income that she should be getting.

Sooyoung just let out a comforting smile and didn’t answer the latter. She just continued eating.

“Are you also doing this with your other passenger?”, Jessica finally had the courage to ask that question.

Sooyoung stare on her eyes, “Only you”

Jessica was taken back from the latter answer. She did not expect that.

“Just me?”, Jessica voiced out.

“Yeah…”

“W-Why?”

“I don’t know”, the tall girl amusingly laughed. Jessica was left speechless.

“I’m full”, Sooyoung said after eating seven hamburgers in a row.

“You should be”, both of them laugh at that remark.

You’re something

==========================================

2nd chapter 😁 let me know your thoughts.