Final

Eyes on you

A/N: Somehow ended with a lot of dialogues but hope you enjoy nonetheless! hmu if yall saw junhaos my i performance 

-----

"What are you doing?" Minghao frowns, watching as Junhui hits backspace on his desktop repeatedly. He scoots his chair next to Junhui with concern and curiosity towards the cause. 

"I can't see," Junhui responded. His attention now on his keyboard instead of the screen. Minghao feels himself squinting at the elder as he is speechless. Noticing the silence, Junhui explains, "I lost my contact lenses."

"Just get glasses then. They're harder to lose," Minghao suggests as Junhui hits the backspace once again. The elder smiles at the idea but shakes his head in disapproval. "I don't need you to go prescribing me typos, or worse, the wrong medications." 

"No, thank you. I look funny in glasses," replies Junhui with a laugh. Minghao sighs as Junhui hits the backspace yet again. Why is he so stubborn? Minghao had tried to get Junhui glasses before as the younger believe that glasses are easier to maintain than lens, especially for the clumsy elder.

"I will pick one for you then," Minghao suggests. When Junhui looks up and gives the younger squinted eyes, Minghao explains with hesitation; "glasses seem to suit your nose rather nicely."

Junhui smiles at the lovely and rare compliment from the younger male. Though the elder appreciates the comment, Minghao still seems awkward with complimenting him. However, Junhui believes that he exists for the purpose of teasing the younger male, "finally acknowledging my looks?" 

"I would punch you, but you would just sue me for physical assault," Minghao responds jokingly along with a laugh. Junhui laughs along with the younger, almost forgetting to finish his write ups. 

"Smart. I finish early today, let's go after," Junhui smiles, throwing the younger two thumbs up. Minghao smiles but pretends to roll his eyes as he tells the elder to swap seats, in which he happily did. He waits for Minghao to fix up previous typos before he continues to dictate the rest of his reports. 

***

As Minghao parks his car, Junhui heads into the optometrist first. Now that he has entered the store, he fights back the laughter building up due to seeing the elder in those ugly frames, testing for his degree. To distract himself from the priceless sight, Minghao checks out the frames on display and wonders which would suit Junhui the best. 

"Wow, I felt like I haven't seen your face in ages!" Junhui exclaims, his hands covering his mouth, expressing disbelief as he walks up to the younger, still in those ugly testing frames. Or to Minghao, the elder is just holding back a laugh as well as draw Minghao's attention to his frames.

"Stop looking at me, you look ridiculous," Minghao blurts, his face scrunching up in disgust. As Junhui pretends to be heartbroken, Minghao pats his shoulder as an apology. "Okay, not you. So now, shall we pick your actual frames? Which one do you think you like?"

Minghao watches as the elder's previous expression is completely replaced with a content smile as his eyes wondered over the frames. A worker then comes over at Junhui's request to open the glass door before taking off with the lenses holder with Junhui's degree. "This one." 

Minghao stares at the frames in Junhui's hand. The typical black, rectangular frames. Actually, upon a second look, the frames seem to be sharper, looking exactly like a rectangle. 

"No," Minghao replies without hesitation, his voice threatening to shake in dramatized disbelief. "These frames are honestly the reasons why you think you look bad in glasses." 

"Try this," Minghao cuts off the elder before he could complain and sulk about the younger's straightforward and honest opinion. The younger quickly hands Junhui the frame that he been eyeing since his entrance. They were a black circular pair with navy stripes, similar to what Minghao has at home.

"You know people seek formal support from me, right? I can't wear something so improper," Junhui argues his point while his forefinger traces the stripes in disapproval. 

"Look, Jun," Minghao starts, his hand reaching for the rectangular frames from before. "These will make your look whoop-able."

Despite the hurtful statement, Junhui smiles at the caring message Minghao tried to convey. He surely didn't like the memories of full grown adults complaining to him about their excellent decision of not following the listed instructions. 

"Aw, you still care for me?" Junhui teases as he watches Minghao press his lips together to hold back a smile. Junhui then looks for a similar frame that he hopes to be less of Minghao's bold style. "Is this one good?"

Junhui waits for the younger to respond as he tries on a similar model but in black. Instead of using the mirror, Junhui turns to face Minghao, waiting patiently for his opinion. "Well? How do I look?"

"Good?" Minghao replies after hesitating, but Junhui could sense the younger's honesty. Noticing the two trying out their frames, a worker heads towards them and suggests Junhui some expensive pairs. Minghao assumes they're working on commission so he couldn't blame them for handing Junhui questionable frames. How even design theses?

"How about this one?" Junhui asks, putting on a pair the worker suggests. Minghao frowns causing Junhui to pout. Feeling a sense of embarrassment as Minghao glances over at the worker who is smiling at Junhui's childish behavior. 

"It's alright," Minghao says, looking at the cheaper alternatives. Junhui smiles softly at the sight of Minghao trying his best to help him. Whereas, Minghao is kind of glad to be witnessing Junhui trying on a variety of frames. And to be frank, Minghao doesn't see what the elder meant when he stated he had a bad past with glasses. 

"Do you have this in another color?" He whispers to the worker, pointing at the frames Minghao picked out for him before. The worker nods and exchanges a smile before she went off to another shelf. 

"How about this one, Haohao?" Junhui asks once she has returned with a couple of frames. Junhui slides on a silver pair and turns to Minghao for a response. As Minghao stares at the elder in these frames, Junhui winks, his face crinkling up in the attempt. 

"Best option," Minghao laughs, throwing Junhui two thumbs up, most likely for his attempt of winking.To Minghao, Junhui's winking does need a little help, but it's cute enough for a smile to remain on Minghao's face. 

"Is that it?" Junhui asks, causing Minghao's smile to soften in confusion. 

"What did you want to hear? Trustworthy?" Minghao jokes, noticing how Junhui smiles rather weakly as if he is disappointed. The elder nods but Minghao sighs, he figures that Junhui just wants a little touch of encouragement. Not wanting the worker to overhear their conversation, Minghao continues in a dialect, "you look cute."

Junhui eyes lit up slightly as he asks Minghao to repeat his statement for he was whispering. But Minghao knew damn well the elder heard it loud and clear. Heck, Minghao's sure he did not whisper it either. 

"You don't look weird, you look cute," Minghao repeats loudly,  eyes glancing at the worker, hoping that she did not understand his statement. Minghao feels a little better knowing that he isn't the only one who is embarrassed as Junhui smiles at him with a reddened face. As Junhui tells the worker that he wanted the frame, Minghao gives a quick wave before heading for his car. 

***

"Thanks," Junhui beams as he enters Minghao's car. Before the elder can say another word, Minghao makes sure he is wearing his seatbelt and hasn't left anything. 

"I can't believe you," Minghao announces, remembering back to how Junhui demanded reassurance. Junhui catches onto Minghao's thought and laughs. 

"You're cute, too," Junhui honestly states, watching his driver's ears gain color. Minghao mutters something rather concerning under his breath, but Junhui understands that it's the younger's way of defending himself. "You should come by tomorrow and drop off my glasses." 

"For free? No deal," Minghao states. 

"You can see me in glasses again," Junhui laughs. He expects a scoff or an action of disapproval, but instead, Minghao nods. 

"Yeah, you better wear the glasses whenever you're with me."