Neol Johahae

Neol Johahae

Birds flocked away from the Int & Co building just as a loud shriek was heard from the top level. Jiwoo seethed as she removed the first layer of her shirt, now stained with coffee. Sana bowed slightly again apologizing for her clumsiness. Jiwo her hand stopping her from saying anymore.

 

“Sana it’s fine just go get the stuff to finish planning the trip and tell Jihyo to come here please.” Sana nodded before heading out of the room, whispering another apology. Running a hand through her hair as she pulled the hooded sweater from her bag, pulling it over her head. Her head snapped up to the door just as it opened.

 

“So everything is already prepared you just need to look over everyth-” Jiwoo released an internal  sigh. She’s trying to decide whether she’s starting to like Sana’s clumsiness or not. Her head spun as she sat with Sana right in her lap. Their lips were inches apart and both couldn’t stop thinking about how rather cliche this was.

 

Her office door opened again revealing a smirking Jihyo. Jiwoo coughed awkwardly as Sana stood abruptly.  

 

“I’m...going to go speak to Mina.” Jiwoo and Jihyo nodded at a blushing Sana.

 

At the sound of the door shutting Jihyo directed her smirk to Jiwoo.

 

“Stop looking at me like that.” Jiwoo whined as she messed with her laptop.

 

Jihyo ignored her plea. “So are you going to admit you have feelings yet or.”

 

Jiwoo scoffed as she focused her eyes on her laptop. “She was just being clumsy again.”

 

Jihyo shook her head at her friends denial. “You wanted to talk to me?”

 

Jiwoo nodded. “Yeah, we’re going to Japan for a conference.”

 

“Is it just you and I or..” Jihyo asked waiting for Jiwoo to answer.

 

“No Mina and Sana will be going to for..translation help.”

 

“So is that where you’re planning to confess?” Jihyo asked teasingly.

 

Jiwoo almost choked. “Just, get ready we leave in two days.”

 

------

 

Jiwoo sighed in relief as she dropped herself onto the hotel bed. She closed her eyes for a moment opening them at the sound of giggling. She turned her head to see a smiling Sana.

 

“What?” She asked trying not to let her eyes close.

 

“You look adorable when you’re sleepy.”

 

Too tired to retort she closed her eyes mumbling. “I’m always adorable.”  Before letting sleep take over

 

Sana and Jiwoo woke to the sound of a phone ringing. Jiwoo’s phone to be exact. She groaned as she answered the call. “Hello?”

 

Sana watched with tired eyes as Jiwoo spoke to whoever was on the other side of the phone.

 

“Who was it?” She asked as Jiwoo hung up the phone

 

“So it turns out the meeting will have to be rescheduled, something happened to one of the board members.”  

 

Sana nodded sleepily. “Should we tell the other two?” She asked referring to Jihyo and Mina who’d been sharing a different room.

 

Jiwoo waved the question off. “We can tell them later just go back to sleep.”

 

-------

 

After a short discussion they decided to stay in Japan rather than waste a trip. Most of their time had spent with them traveling the city. No surprise that Sana and Jiwoo had decided to stick with each other. Sana had somehow managed to convince the rest of the group to visit a popular club. Jiwoo groaned as Sana raised another dress for her to see.

 

“No, it’s too short.”

 

Sana groaned, dropping it in the bed. “You said that about the last two.”

 

“That’s because it is.” Jiwoo retorted not liking the thought of anyone seeing too much skin.

 

Sana rolled her eyes with a chuckle. “You’re no help, I’ll go ask Jihyo and Mina.”

 

“The blue one.” Sana turned “Hm?”

 

“The blue dress looks good on you.”  

 

Sana lifted the dress to her body, giving it a skeptical look. “Really?”

 

“Mhm and the red one and the white one.” Jiwoo joked

 

“Jiwoo, be serious.” Sana whined laying the dress back down.

 

“I am, you look good in everything.” Sana blushed grabbing one of the dresses, walking toward the bathroom.

 

--------

 

“I thought I was supposed to be the clumsy one.” Sana joked as she opened the door for a stumbling Jiwoo.

 

Never in Sana’s time knowing Jiwoo she’s never seen her drunk. Until tonight. She bit her lip at the sight of a giggly Jiwoo. She laid Jiwoo on to the her bed. Before Sana could turn away Jiwoo grabbed  her hand. “Lay with me.” Sana contemplated whether or not she actually should before eventually giving in. Sana laid next to her, covering her with a blanket.  

 

Jiwoo leaned over to Sana laying her head on her shoulder. “Hey Sana?”

 

Sana turned to see a soft looking Jiwoo staring at her. “What?”

 

“I really like you.” Sana almost choked as Jiwoo nuzzled her head further into her neck. Her breath tickled the short strands of hair on the back of her neck.

 

“I like you too.”

 

“No I mean I really like you.”

 

Sana chuckled questioning whether or not she should record the girl, just in case she were to deny all of this.

 

“Well you can tell me all about that when you’re sober.” Sana said feeling her eyes grow heavy.

 

Jiwoo nodded against Sana’s neck before drifting into sleep. Unbeknownst to watch she just got herself into.

 

------

 

Streams of light burst in to the hotel room. Jiwoo groaned covering her face with covers. She her side, away from the window. She finally opened her eyes again coming face to face with a smiling Sana.

 

Her breath got caught in . “S-sana why aren’t you in your bed?”

 

“Well I would be but a very drunk you convinced me stay and cuddle.”

 

Jiwoo groaned in embarrassment. “Did I really do that?”

 

A mischievous look passed Sana’s face. “Yeah you also told me something last night.”

 

“Like what?”

 

Sana propped herself up up, so she was directly in front of Jiwoo. “Oh nothing too interesting just that you really like me.”

 

Jiwoo jumped out of the bed quickly. Moments of the previous night came back in flashes.  “

 

“Forget everything you heard.”

 

Sana stood on the other side of the bed. “What, why?”

 

“I was drunk Sana.”

 

“So are you saying what you said isn’t true?” Sana asked as she began to walk towards her.

 

Jiwoo tried to move her feet but they seemed to be frozen. All parts of her body seemed to have gone numb except for her waist, which is where Sana’s hands were.

 

Her forehead was pressed against Jiwoo’s. Jiwoo was now questioning whether or not Sana was really a klutz at all. Her movements were smooth like a cat going after it’s prey.

 

Silence was all that came next. Not even the sound of their lips moving against each other could  be heard. A loud whistle from the door made them break apart. Their heads turned towards the door to see a smirking Jihyo and a laughing Mina.

 

Jihyo was the one who spoke. “We were going to ask if you guys wanted to eat with us but obviously you’re busy so we’ll get going.”

Before Jiwoo had a chance to stop the other two, Sana silenced her with another kiss. She pulled away with a smirk playing at her lips. “I think we still have a lot to discuss don’t you?”